SELECT CONTENT

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

Page 62 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelornation - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

Post by Norcalgal Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Michele's advice to parent first and friend second is so good. How often do you see it the other way around? I sure hope Brielle comes through this without any long term consequences.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

bachelornation - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 Empty Re: Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:52 pm

Sprite wrote:
Here in Ontario it is law that anyone under 18 wears a helmet and if you get caught without it is a $75 fine. I would hope if kids start wearing one at an early age it just becomes second nature and they will continue to do so as adults.

Also motorcycle riders have to wear helmets. I always cringe when I'm in Florida and see motorcyles riding without helmets. It's very rare that I see anyone on a bike of any age riding without a helmet.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Credit: @Mike Weir

mweirsy

Update on Brielle: The doctors just finished a CT scan and they are really happy with the progress she is making. We’re hoping she will be waking up within the next 48 hours. We are massively thankful to all of you and to the amazing doctors and team. bachelornation - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 3552228123 We’ll share more as soon as we know more. #prayforbrie @michellemoney @primarychildrens

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-fsYC4Fg3N/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 pm

I bet it so hard on him not being able to see her . Glad that she is doing better I will continue my prayers for the entire family.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 pm

@GuardianAngel He's handsome! Bet even more so when Michele and he were together!

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:40 pm

Here's an update from her dad - it's not a linear progression which is very disappointing.
https://people.com/parents/michelle-money-daughter-brielle-post-surgery-update-brain-swelling-ryan-money/

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:12 pm

Oh dear. sad

I can't imagine going through this with your child. I hope she keeps fighting and comes through healthy and happy once again.

bachelornation - Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3 - Page 62 3552228123

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:49 pm

Michelle in her latest post is asking for prayers, she believes in the power of prayer.  According to her post last night was not a good night, but after asking from prayers, Brielle's swelling went down a bit.  We had a young teen in our community suffer a TBI from a golf cart accident a few months ago, he was in very grave shape.  Induced coma, multiple surgeries, and he had also suffered a stroke.  The family of this teen is very faith based, and the community rallied around this kid.  I've never seen anything like it, billboards had his name on them asking for prayers, business had signs out in front, people were leaving stones with the families favorite bible verse all around town, so people would see and remember to pray for him.  They had t shirts made, bracelets, and bows for mailboxes.  The family created a fb page so they could give updates and would ask for prayers when extra were needed.

After over 2 month of being in the hospital he finally was able to go home, though he still had a lot of work/therapy to go.  His speech has improved tremendously, and he's working so hard to get his mobility back.  He's still in a wheelchair but his goal is to walk unassisted in a month, and to have control over his right side, I think he'll do it given the amazing improvements he has shown so far.  It really is a miracle. I never discount the power of prayer, so I pray for Brielle, Michelle and her family.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:14 pm

The thing though is Michelle's daughter will never be the same girl she was before. Brain injuries change your life in many ways, many unseen by outsiders. Yes, they can have productive lives but on the inside, not the same.

I have a cousin (Julie) that was hit by a car and thrown across a city street in the late 80's. She recovered but was not the same young woman she was before the accident. She still suffers from her injury over 30 years later. Another cousin (Jack) had a rare brain disease that at that time had a very low recovery rate... either death or living in a vegetative state. He fully recovered although lost some of his memory capabilities. He was written up in a medical journal because he recovered.

Yes, both of them who were in their 20's when it happened to them have gone on to live productive lives and are now in their 50's but both have issues that only those in the close family realize. If you met either of them, you would never know.

My heart goes out to Michelle and Brielle's father for what they are going through with Brielle's recovery. I hope both have a good support system for themselves as well. It isn't easy.

Julie's mom had some support for a TBI group in the city where Julie's accident happened. But due to state budget cuts many years ago, it was shut down not long after the accident. For years, they didn't know how to cope so Julie's mom did research and started her own support group in her home town and has received many acknowledgements for her work on informing the public about TBI. TBI covers more than just serious head trauma injuries... include strokes and infectious brain disease in that definition. Thankfully there are people like my cousin that are passionate about getting the word out about TBI. 30 years ago that support wasn't there. Jack's parents had no support at all.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:35 pm

Anyone who has been diagnosed with a stroke, had a major, life-altering surgery or faced a serious disease has to learn a new normal and this will be true to Michele and her family. I am always optimistic - look at the comeback veterans without limbs make, or the ones who face serious PSTD or brain injury. It can happen. I'm with Michele - hoping for the best, despite a few bumps along the way.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:05 pm

One of the most heartbreaking thing for me is not only that a mother has to go through this horrible accident, also that Michelle is there alone.

Somehow she needs to find the strength to deal with the situation. If there are decisions to be made, whatever the doctors recommend, or even just understanding what the doctors are saying since that can be very confusing, I'm glad her ex is very involved and I'm sure will help.

Continued prayers for Brielle and family.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:57 am

GuardianAngel wrote:One of the most heartbreaking thing for me is not only that a mother has to go through this horrible accident, also that Michelle is there alone.

Somehow she needs to find the strength to deal with the situation. If there are decisions to be made, whatever the doctors recommend, or even just understanding what the doctors are saying since that can be very confusing, I'm glad her ex is very involved and I'm sure will help.

Continued prayers for Brielle and family.

When she leaves the hospital due to it being her ex’s turn to stay with her she said her boyfriend is in the parking lot waiting for her. Bless this family and praying for a great outcome.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Updates on Past Contestants - All Seasons - Discussion - #3

+109
Amethyst
mtnlvr55
just me
Minney
leavers