SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Page 25 of 54 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

iceandfire - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by Jane781 Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:10 pm

It seems to me it mostly comes down to whether you like Nick or not and probably even more so whether you can relate to his personality or not. I haven't seen a miserable person, I've mostly just seen Nick. I think the physical stuff he has shown in pics etc. is more just that he's showing the surface stuff and keeping the other stuff private. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one because if you know anything about Nick, you know he likes to talk and is a conversationalist. I don't think there is any chance their relationship is only physical.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

iceandfire - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 25 Empty Re: Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

Post by Aria Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:33 pm

bleuberry wrote:I don't think his grumpy mood had to do with TPTB or being around Kaitlyn tbh. He seemed just as miserable at Vanessa's charity event in Montreal IMO. He honestly seems happier to post something showing off her (incredible!) body/curves than he does who she is as a person. I suspect their relationship never left the physical/surface level stage as I see no depth from them as a supposed in love, engaged couple. JMO.

Yeah, I think he fell for her because she's exactly his type - physical, personality, everything - but I don't think I ever saw a true friendship or "like" develop between them. Yes, Nick has never been OTT, super excited, life of the party type, but when he used to do interviews and go to parties, he didn't look like he was being held hostage! That IG where he's dancing with chris Soules at J/T's wedding is what I think of Nick at his normal when he's at parties. That interview with Ali after Kaitlyn's season is what I think of Nick at his normal at interviews. He used to know how to smile! He seemed pretty happy when he was doing DTWS, but it's been pure misery since, IMO. Juliet Litman's interview, where he was talking about he and Vanessa don't even really talk on airplanes because of the articles that might get written about them was so telling to me. When you're happy and in love, IMO, you're not spending your time being paranoid and worrying so much about what the world thinks to the point where you're sacrificing spending time together. I used to be a fan, so I'm hoping he finds happiness, but I just don't think this relationship is it for him. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:43 pm

I get what you're saying @Aria. But regarding the plane stuff I don't necessarily see that as spending time being paranoid and worried. When I fly with my husband, we are usually in our own world doing our own thing. It's rare that there is much conversation going on. And regarding the relationship, while it isn't what I expected to see, there are still enough external signs for me to indicate they are happy together. If they aren't, I'm sure it will end soon. I don't see either of them dragging it out, especially with her base being in Montreal.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Jane781 wrote:I think we are seeing only very small snapshots of Nick and I think the people assuming he is miserable are reading them wrong, but obviously that's just my opinion. I'm basing that opinion on my understanding of Nick's personality and the fact I think there is zero chance one seems as happy as Vanessa does when they are in a relationship with someone who is miserable. Nick has a different personality than most people in this franchise. I think Vanessa understands who Nick is and, as of now, accepts that and loves him as he is. Whether they are compatible long term only time will tell.

Well said! ITA! :claphands

I think people expect to see Nick famewhoring with Bach nation peeps and being OTT happy on camera the way most of them are. Since he is doing the opposite of that, he seems miserable to some IMO. I still see the same Nick I saw on Andi's season - an introverted extrovert IMO. I don't see either of them as the type to stick together in a relationship if they weren't happy. So IMO If things fall apart, we would know sooner rather than later. Personally, them keeping their relationship off SM unlike most other Bach Nation couples gives me a lot of hope for them.

I haven't seen the video but I read elsewhere that during the Hollywood Improv, Nick spoke about how he didn't care when people trashed him when he was alone but now that he has someone else he loves involved, he is more protective and it is hard to see them hurt over the things people say. I understand where his protectiveness over his relationship comes from - If I was trashed online for years with people calling me all sorts of names, hoping I remain single and that I get dumped by my F1 on FRC and then I finally find the one, I might act a bit paranoid and protective too.

All JMO
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:46 pm

I don't get the Kaitlyn blaming for his craptastic mood.
She and Shawn were at Jade and Tanner's wedding, and Nick managed to have a good time there - videos surfaced of him rocking out to Backstreet Boys and he even had that one night stand with the Maid of Honor.

Nah. I still say he's just in a total slump of where to go from here.... total hangover from going from runner up- to runner up- to BIP darling - to hitting the big time with The Bachelor and the even bigger time with DWTS. And like now what? He's a sad panda. That has to be exhausting for Vanessa though. You have to wonder how much she can take of that.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Jmo, but I totally see them as each other's best friend.... And I think theyve even said that themselves? They seem to be very open and honest in their communication and are each other's biggest supporters. To me, that's the definition of friendship. Put that with their physical chemistry, and they really are blessed, jmo. They probably are each trying to work out logistical, pragmatic stuff re their individual goals...but they say their relationship is always a priority. I'm hopeful they are making it work, and that things will fall into place for them as the weeks go on...
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:25 pm

sosleepy wrote:I don't get the Kaitlyn blaming for his craptastic mood.
She and Shawn were at Jade and Tanner's wedding, and Nick managed to have a good time there - videos surfaced of him rocking out to Backstreet Boys and he even had that one night stand with the Maid of Honor.

Nah. I still say he's just in a total slump of where to go from here.... total hangover from going from runner up- to runner up- to BIP darling - to hitting the big time with The Bachelor and the even bigger time with DWTS. And like now what? He's a sad panda. That has to be exhausting for Vanessa though. You have to wonder how much she can take of that.
I mentioned Kaitlyn and her ability to get very obnoxious very quickly when too much alcohol is consumed. Nick's craptastic mood??? No, that's an opinion that I don't share. I saw low key. As far as Jade and Tanner's wedding, V wasn't there which makes it a very different atmosphere in regards to Nick. Nick can take what K dishes out...easily, I might add...IMO. V feels ownership of Nick's feelings as his fiance in the here and now. I think he is always careful when discussing and reacting to his history on the show esp in interviews. V has made friends through the franchise but for me to ever feel or believe she embraces this show, that's too far fetched for me.

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by happydays Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 am

@Billysmom ,ive folloewed everything Nissa related and they *IMO* have never said they were each others best friend. In fact Nick seemed IMO annoyed on juliet litmans podcast when she asked if vanessa was his best friend.

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : facts vs opinions)

happydays

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 am

happydays wrote:@Billysmom ,ive folloewed everything Nissa related and they IMO have never said they were each others best friend. In fact Nick IMO seemed annoyed on juliet litmans podcast when she asked if vanessa was his best friend.
I'm not directing my reply towards this sentiment necessarily, but I don't think V gets nearly enough credit for knowing Nick Vial...what he stands for and where he is emotionally in this relationship. If V for one minute didn't feel Nick was as invested in this relationship and happy to be invested in this relationship, she would be long gone. IMO, she doesn't give one iota how the trolls would respond if she felt slighted by Nick. She knows Canada would embrace her with arms wide open.

I think Nick shies away from questions regarding their relationship because they have put TB in their rear view mirror. It's so much more now. It's real and according to V it continues to grow as each day passes. If I have to find that recent interview, I can try. I will say that I hope V watches the next season of TB and how things roll pretty much always on the show. IMO, she then can only conclude on her own that the other girls were just MOT from the get go.

Last edited by mprssdbyu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 am; edited 4 times in total

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:16 am

happydays wrote:@Billysmom ,ive folloewed everything Nissa related and they **IMO** have never said they were each others best friend. In fact Nick **IMO** seemed annoyed on juliet litmans podcast when she asked if vanessa was his best friend.

He did? hmmm

iceandfire - Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3 - Page 25 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane781 Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:17 am

I didn't think he was annoyed at her asking if Vanessa was his best friend at all. She asked who his best friend was in the franchise. While he was thinking about it, she said something along the lines of "other than Vanessa.". And his response was saying oh here we go another thing for people to read the wrong way because I didn't say her off the bat. But I think in his mind he was always thinking of the question as regarding someone who was solely a friend, which is the same way I interpreted her initial question.

Jane781

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:47 am

@Jane781 I agree, he didn't seem annoyed at all at the question. Juliet had already jumped on with her 'You split up?' question, when Nick said they had parted ways when Rachel went to Toronto to prepare for her charity event. How annoying is that. He can't even finish a sentence, because the person he's talking to interrupts with the split up question. Jmo
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 54 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall & Vanessa Grimaldi - Bachelor 21 - Discussion - #3

+86
TrishB
Rachelsseason
Miyala
timfan
kerriway