SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

callingitnow - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 76 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ssin0547 Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 am

"when I watch her on this show I don't get that at all. I just see her as being overbearing, cocky and overly rehearsed"

I don't think that has anything to do with editing. That is the exact way I describe her Instagram posts both in captions and in replies to other people. All my own opinion.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

callingitnow - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 76 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Billysmom Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:25 am

It's so funny, IMO Laura has deferred to the other gals soooooo often, and seemed genuinely happy for many of them. I don't find her overbearing at all, jmo. no idea

Maybe it's that she was such a runaway favorite in the odds and we tend to want to see the chinks in the armor of someone who appears to have the inside track?
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:29 am

ssin0547 wrote:"when I watch her on this show I don't get that at all. I just see her as being overbearing, cocky and overly rehearsed"

I don't think that has anything to do with editing. That is the exact way I describe her Instagram posts both in captions and in replies to other people. All my own opinion.
Each to their own.  I don't see Laura as any of these things - quite the opposite

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by ideas_ideas Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:43 am

Billysmom wrote:It's so funny, IMO Laura has deferred to the other gals soooooo often, and seemed genuinely happy for many of them. I don't find her overbearing at all, jmo. no idea

Maybe it's that she was such a runaway favorite in the odds and we tend to want to see the chinks in the armor of someone who appears to have the inside track?  

IA - I get the sense that she's really quite down to earth and nervous at times (her admission about her nervous over chattering with Matty etc.), and she's stuck up for other girls on several occasions. Her very self-deprecating humour on her IG posts also seem to indicate a very down to earth nature IMO.
I also think Laura's quite invested in Matty and therefore her anxiety about where she stands with him as other relationships strengthen is easy to understand and pretty normal for the show, suspect the producers rely on and probably fan those anxieties at this point where the 'struggle' storylines are out on a plate for us to consume (afraid of being hurt etc etc), and can/could present in a number of ways.
Im a big Elise fan after the last couple of weeks and know I'm susceptible to the psychology of always wanting the underdog to win, so I have to acknowledge that and try not to let it colour my impression of the supposed front runners!! dizzy Yet we all have people we relate to more than others at the end of the day, part of being human. It's amazing how the same show can bring out so many different strong interpretations.
All JMO.

ideas_ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:54 am

I just re watched Elise's date.... I saw a lot of things they had in common, and lots of smiling and comfort... But I'm not sure I heard any heavy duty, game changing conversation, beyond comparing notes on the things they had in common...? I like Elise a lot, but not sure they had better banter than what matty had with Laura. I guess a lot will come down to whether matty can picture his life more with one than the other. Elise does seem like she'd fit very easily into his lifestyle now, but then matty seems to also be a risk taker, so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I still think Laura's sd was pretty adorable, jmo...
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:59 am

ideas_ideas wrote:
Billysmom wrote:It's so funny, IMO Laura has deferred to the other gals soooooo often, and seemed genuinely happy for many of them. I don't find her overbearing at all, jmo. no idea

IA - I get the sense that she's really quite down to earth and nervous at times (her admission about her nervous over chattering with Matty etc.), and she's stuck up for other girls on several occasions. Her very self-deprecating humour on her IG posts also seem to indicate a very down to earth nature IMO.
I also think Laura's quite invested in Matty and therefore her anxiety about where she stands with him as other relationships strengthen is easy to understand and pretty normal for the show, suspect the producers rely on and probably fan those anxieties at this point where the 'struggle' storylines are out on a plate for us to consume (afraid of being hurt etc etc), and can/could present in a number of ways.
Im a big Elise fan after the last couple of weeks and know I'm susceptible to the psychology of always wanting the underdog to win, so I have to acknowledge that and try not to let it colour my impression of the supposed front runners!! dizzy  Yet we all have people we relate to more than others at the end of the day, part of being human. It's amazing how the same show can bring out so many different strong interpretations.
All JMO.

Totally agree with you both regarding Laura.  Much is being made of her obvious anxiety in the upcoming episode but frankly I also just see that as an indication of how invested and worried she is that things might slip away from her.  I think that's a good sign!  Coming from her it says to me that she's there for the right reason.  I'm particularly curious as to why some people describe her as too self-assured and confident as if they are negative character traits.  Goodness, she's a modern educated woman who has successfully started her own business.  I wouldn't expect anything less!  Her ITMs reveal her to be entirely human on many levels and those interviews suggest to me that she's actually pretty humble, IMO.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:28 am

I think confidence is an admirable/desirable trait. The main thing that bugs me with Laura and which i agreed above...overly rehearsed that it comes across as overbearing. Too me it seems like she's compensating for something. That's just a feeling I get from her SM. There's something disingenuous there. Don't get me wrong, I fully think Laura would be a decent, hardworking person IRL but the SM borders on fake to me. JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:37 am

@ssin0547 a good point you make about Laura's social media seeming fake, IMO it could appear that way because it is more polished. Social media interaction is probably a big part of her business strategy for Toni May, so her social media for Bachie is in a similar vein, it might seem fake because she is running it like her business account?
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by AEF Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:38 am

It must also play at the back of Laura's mind that she has a brand to protect. Both Elise and Laura are two, young women imo to be very much respected for their determination and work ethic. Their styles are just very different. Matty is very lucky.

AEF

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:39 am

@Dirty Street Pie

You could be absolutely right. Maybe Laura is aware, that not only is her reputation at stake in this process, but her entire business is dependent on how she is portrayed. It's possible her IG feels overdone to me because she's being extra careful with it. Good point.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:41 am

Okay. I am going to have to "mod" here for a bit. As this gets further to the end of the season it is likely members will have favorites, some neutral, and some negative views on contestants. That is what happens every single season.

What is important is to keep in mind that any negative comments towards fellow members are against forum rules. Members can post any opinion about a contestant - positive, negative, or neutral. Doesn't have to make sense, doesn't have to be "fair" at all, can be judgmental or fanning, whatever a member wants to post on a contestant that is forum rules. What is not allowed are members criticizing other members for their views. No comments of "not being fair, judging, or you people, etc etc". Everyone sees things differently and that's okay. It happens every season.

Please keep this in mind as the season goes along and things heat up. At the end of the day this is a TV show. There will be plenty more and new contestants. One may or may not see things the same next time even if not this time. That's why the rules are as is. Contestants come and go. Team BBF first. Thank you all for the great discussions yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by NostalgicNZA Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:52 am

Honestly, where is that Harry psychic guy when we need him most laugh out loud.
NostalgicNZA
NostalgicNZA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 76 of 80 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - F1-F4 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+41
lightredemption
Zaynab
Skeppy
Emayem
Loulou
Schnitty4lyf
BlueJeans
dolcimumma
Miyala
Enough
Sundy