SELECT CONTENT

Olympics - Discussion

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Olympics - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: Olympics - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:50 pm

@Norcalgal sounds like great experiences!

I missed a lot of the opening ceremonies live, and missed the Canadians coming into the stadium so I watched it last night.

I have to say, my interest suddenly peaked as I saw them come in. After they did their walk, CBC had a clip of various summer and winter Olympics over the years showing the Canadian athletes, boy that was great!

I'm just going to have it on all the time, I love the CBC coverage. I watched a bit of the mountain cycling earlier, had to leave for a bit and just put it back on. Men's gymnastics, amazing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 pm

@GuardianAngel I am watching on CBC as well. They have it on pretty much 24/7. The time difference is 13 hours so unless you are up all night it's hard to watch live, but they always have the best coverage and I always enjoy and learn a lot from their special videos about the country and some of the athletes.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:22 pm

@Sprite me too. I mentioned that upthread but you explained it better.

I love the special video's. CBC has always been terrific for coverage for so many years. With the time difference we don't have to worry about missing anything because they have a full schedule of the day's events.

The good thing is the Winter Olympics are only 7 months away instead of 2 years!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:56 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Sprite me too. I mentioned that upthread but you explained it better.

I love the special video's. CBC has always been terrific for coverage for so many years. With the time difference we don't have to worry about missing anything because they have a full schedule of the day's events.

The good thing is the Winter Olympics are only 7 months away instead of 2 years!
Where is the winter olympics happening this time?

I remember the 2010 Olympics.....It was super busy on the island for it as a lot of heavy rollers so to say were staying on the island and taking heli planes /helicopters to the events.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:59 pm

@Aunties_Love The next winter Olympics will be in Beijing in 2022 and the next summer Olympics in 2024 will be in Paris.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:36 am

Sprite wrote:@Aunties_Love The next winter Olympics will be in Beijing in 2022 and the next summer Olympics in 2024 will be in Paris.
Thankyou...I lost track of what was where. LOL. I know that Canada was bidding for the next available winter olympics though.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:22 pm

@Aunties_Love Calgary was bidding for the 2026 Winter Olympics but Italy won.

I am really enjoying the new mixed events! Last night I was watching the mixed medley track relay and was surprised to see gals and guys. After that they went to swimming, same thing! I had to google it because I don't ever remember that, and sure enough it's new. Very cool!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:29 pm

I absolutely love this. Click the link in the tweet to see pics. Warms my heart.

https://twitter.com/AP

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:04 am

I didn't watch as much of the Olympics as some previous years because i'm really busy right now (and our coverage is annoying) but I have a couple of favorite medals.

One is the Canadian women winning the Soccer Gold medal for the first time. I wasn't born in Canada but am a very proud dual citizen and tend to root Canada first at the Olympics. cheerleader Olympics - Discussion - Page 15 1122970954

I never watch a whole Marathon but caught the last bit of the women's one this time and got to hear a bit about Molly Seidel who ended up getting the bronze for the U.S. She was a big underdog and this was only her 3rd marathon plus she's had to deal with an eating disorder along the way. She wasn't even going to bring her team Olympic uniform for medals until her coach told her to. It was a feel good moment for me.  In marathon shocker, Notre Dame's Molly Seidel runs to bronze medal   yes  Olympics - Discussion - Page 15 1627380978

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 pm

I have been an Olympic fanatic for as long as I can remember. There was very little excitement for me leading up to it, but when I watched the opening ceremonies, and the wonderful stories (our coverage is the best if I may say so myself not to mention the commercials, omg) it didn't take long for me to get into it.

All the athletes were amazing. They each had their own struggles, during the last year and some of the stories brought tears to my eyes.

There are so many favourite's for me from all different countries, but of course all the Canadian accomplishments make me very proud.  Olympics - Discussion - Page 15 1122970954  Olympics - Discussion - Page 15 2749055250

This is just one of many that was so heartwarming.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/story/2021-08-07/jordan-windle-cambodia-brandon-loschiavo-us-divers-tokyo-olympics

I remember watching one of his coaches, Greg Louganis in the Olympics.

I followed Devin on twitter from CBC, he was fantastic! He always updated what was on next and in Eastern Time zone. He showed us parts of his daily life in Japan, just an all around great report. Here is his final report which he sums up perfectly.

https://twitter.com/Devin_Heroux

I'm looking forward to the Paralympics and the Winter Olympics, just around the corner, and of course Paris in 2024!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 pm

That was a good wrap up article, @GuardianAngel

I'm hoping to catch some of the Paralympics. We have a commercial here that hooks me in every time about Jessica Long who's a very successful swimmer. She was adopted from Siberia as a baby and her legs had to be amputated at 18 mo. If you haven't seen the commercial, this is it: Link

From Siberia to swimming glory

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:41 pm

@albean99 yes they show the commercial of Jessica but it's a bit different than that one. Same telephone call, just a few different pictures. I didn't see that article though, oh my gosh, what a story.

It's an amazing story and that's what makes me grab the tissue box!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down