SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:16 am

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:OMG!!! Paging @Bobette

Stu now with lowest odds!!!

stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 22221659_10212566447910053_8524287804907859825_n
https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/entertainment

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! rofl

Pass me that damn popcorn.  2pop
laugh out loud @Bobette  2pop  popcorn for everyone!

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am

AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette  2pop  popcorn for everyone!

NO FORKS REQUIRED to eat popcorn!!! stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 3806527698
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by joshfan Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:18 am

can someone explain to me how betting works? and what are the implications of Stu having the lowest odds? Is it largely controlled by the betters or by Sportsbet?

joshfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:19 am

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:@Bobette  2pop  popcorn for everyone!

NO FORKS REQUIRED to eat popcorn!!! stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 3806527698
No forks needed at all!

So I guess....
Jarrod has his wine
Luke has his motivation quotes
Jimmy has his insta.single pics
Apollo has his magic tricks
and Stu has Sophie

I may need to borrow some of Jarrod's wine laugh out loud wine
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 am

With current sportbet odds from above:
Stu $2.00, max loss $10
Luke $3.50, max loss $62.50

Sportsbet seems more sure of Stu then they were of Laura in Matty's season
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:38 am

Wow wow wow.  Yep, that's a done deal then IMO.  How very interesting all round.  

It just occurred to me that the reason Daily Mail didn't have any evidence to back up their claims of Stu being F1 was that we didn't provide them with any.  With Laura, our members were giving them reverse park theories and SM evidence left right and centre.  

Oh well, at least now they've got the Sportsbet figures to base a story on.  Rolling Eyes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:45 am

joshfan wrote:can someone explain to me how betting works? and what are the implications of Stu having the lowest odds? Is it largely controlled by the betters or by Sportsbet?

@joshfan in a nutshell - the odds are set by Sportsbet, but are driven by public betting (the more bets the lower the odds get, to a certain point). On top of that, Sportsbet set a "maximum bet" amount on each of the contestants (the maximum bet they will accept on that contestant, at those odds). Using this value, we can calculate how much money Sportsbet would "lose" if that contestant were to win. It follows that the contestant with the cheapest loss for Sportsbet is the contestant who Sportsbet believes will win.

Hope that helps Smiley
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I'd laugh if Stu the intruder is F1 and so the odds don't matter for the other guys laugh out loud

Based on Sportsbet's earlier odds (brown hair, NSW, older than 40) the only contestant who matches that description is Stu question
I posted this back before the season aired.... yeah I am the one laughing now laugh out loud 

But seriously though, I posted it before but it makes sooo much sense pre-season sleuthing-wise if Stu is F1 (especially given Luke's SM/traveling and his Ep1 edit of CP chat not even shown - which ALL past F1s had shown).

So if Stu does indeed end up F1 then for sure Sportsbet knew this imo given that the only F1 potential contestant who fit their description for odds fav pre-season (brown hair, NSW, 40+) is Stu  :yes:

And now Stu is Sportsbet odds favorite and lowest max loss too.... so to me that ties into the pre-season sleuthing especially for doubt regarding Luke (yay for sleuthing if so  stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 1176891977)

Seems like Stu may be the one who came with his own forks #stickaforkinit? laugh out loud
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by joshfan Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:59 am

SugarAndSpice wrote:
joshfan wrote:can someone explain to me how betting works? and what are the implications of Stu having the lowest odds? Is it largely controlled by the betters or by Sportsbet?

@joshfan in a nutshell - the odds are set by Sportsbet, but are driven by public betting (the more bets the lower the odds get, to a certain point). On top of that, Sportsbet set a "maximum bet" amount on each of the contestants (the maximum bet they will accept on that contestant, at those odds). Using this value, we can calculate how much money Sportsbet would "lose" if that contestant were to win. It follows that the contestant with the cheapest loss for Sportsbet is the contestant who Sportsbet believes will win.

Hope that helps Smiley

thank you that helps. does that mean it's very certain stu is F1? I remember during Richie's season, Nikki had the lowest odds right until the point when the 'suitcase' incident happened and it became Alex.

joshfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am

Showerthought: I wonder what effect an intruder winning will have on betting in the future?

If Stu is F1, people are going to be very wary of betting early for all subsequent seasons IMO.  Sportsbet may take far fewer bets in the weeks before intruders arrive.  And if so, I wonder if they will have to offer better odds to entice people to place wagers early?  

Could be profitable for any sleuthers who work out the winner pre-season and bet on night 1!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 am

Bobette wrote:Wow wow wow.  Yep, that's a done deal then IMO.  How very interesting all round.  

It just occurred to me that the reason Daily Mail didn't have any evidence to back up their claims of Stu being F1 was that we didn't provide them with any.  With Laura, our members were giving them reverse park theories and SM evidence left right and centre.  

Oh well, at least now they've got the Sportsbet figures to base a story on.  Rolling Eyes
@Bobette... you may have hit on something here already... Stu's public IG account which we posted about but what was NOT posting about was Stu saying "he wishes" Soph was his gf and you posed how you thought that was odd for them not to write about that if Stu is not F1. Sooo.... if Stu is F1 then it could be that what they choose NOT to write about is a clue as much as what evidence they choose to write about...  stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 4256136633

I still go back to Sportsbets FIRST odds favorites before the season even aired. For Matty's season, hair color, where the contestant lived etc, all pointed to Laura. For Sophie's season, hair color, where the contestant lived and contestants age ONLY pointed to Stu. So if Stu is F1, then Sportsbet knew this  :yes: jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarAndSpice Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Bobette wrote:Wow wow wow.  Yep, that's a done deal then IMO.  How very interesting all round.  

@Bobette... you may have hit on something here already... Stu's public IG account which we posted about but what was NOT posting about was Stu saying "he wishes" Soph was his gf and you posed how you thought that was odd for them not to write about that if Stu is not F1. Sooo.... if Stu is F1 then it could be that what they choose NOT to write about is a clue as much as what evidence they choose to write about...  stickaforkinit - Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 4256136633

I still go back to Sportsbets FIRST odds favorites before the season even aired. For Matty's season, hair color, where the contestant lived etc, all pointed to Laura. For Sophie's season, hair color, where the contestant lived and contestants age ONLY pointed to Stu. So if Stu is F1, then Sportsbet knew this  :yes: jmo

The only thing I'm wary on here is that the max losses were equal for the higher age categories (30 - 35, and 40 - 45). So it wasn't really definitive. Its possible Sportsbet didn't know the winner at that stage. However, the odds being lower for the 40 - 45 age category might indicate that certain members of the public knew (therefore driving the odds down).
SugarAndSpice
SugarAndSpice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 3 - Sophie Monk - Betting Info - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+10
iamreal2u
joshfan
Emayem
Storybook
AEF
ssin0547
Sundy
Aunties_Love
Katiebelle
Dirty Street Pie
14 posters