SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 pm

tatladylu wrote:@HEA
From what I understand, he was drafted after university so maybe when he was 23. He gave an interview talking about his career and what a grind it was being in the minors. He said that you make about $1300/mo and at the top level, $3000/mo. So not big money. I'll see if I can find the interview again.

It really gives you some insight about what it is to have a career in professional sports.

wow... you are right.....

made some searches and WOW that sucks for them http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/minor-league-baseball-pay-fair-labor-standards-act-minimum-wage-lawsuit-kyle-johnson

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by jojo47 Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:48 pm

HEA wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:Funny thing is, Lindsey’s family may be seeing this 33 year old semi-predator when Chris is probably not even as experienced in day-to-day real life as Lyndsey. Still he needs someone older, more educated and more life and career savvy as a partner, IMO.

Many years ago the blind could lead the blind as long as they had love. Nowadays, at least one party needs to have a clue, IMO. Also, Chris needs to stop spouting lines he’s borrowed from movies

I am a bit confused here.... it is like Dee who is blaming Chris that he is not serious after no 1-1 and few hours here and there with her and blame  him somehow to be away from his daughter

no lady.... YOU decided to go away from your daughter and leave her behind!!!! not the other way around

same here.... Lindsey CHOSE to participate to this franchise and anytime of the day she could have said NO, this guy is too old for me. I am out of here!

it is a 2 ways street here. Why blaming the guy when he had ZERO choice in the selection of the girls!!! Blame the franchise, but I think he was a puppet as much as the contestants. the only difference is he just had the power to eliminate girls. And we know full well that no freaking way it would have been his choice to drag along a Lisa etc

I will also defend Chris about the lines. Yes he said them, no question asked here. But IMO, he is not an actor and confronted to certain uncomfortable discussions like girls telling him they were falling in love blah blah  blah..... he could not do but use pre-made sentences to keep the illusion of the show. I am sure at one point he was ready to say: sorry girl, I like you very much but go back to check on your skirrels....

So yes, he was awkward a lot of the time. Yes, he lied a lot of the time. Yes, we noticed the difference and I think it is a good thing. I think it means that the guy was just not actor and was just a guy with cameras around trying to go with the flow. No doubt he asked help from his helper and yes it was cheesy. But I am not putting the blame on everything on his shoulders.... everyone was adult there and everyone signed a contract and if someone did not check previous seasons available to know what they were going to go thru, then IMO they are idiots

JMO

@HEA would you feel the same about Mikaela choosing to participate in the show, signing a contract, etc if she's hurt at the end after becoming invested in Chris? We don't know if the spoiler is even remotely true, but if it is, there is the potential that this doesn't ultimately end well for Mikaela, even if she is the last one standing.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:56 pm

tatladylu wrote:@HEA

Absolutely!

I referenced education because @Chgohighlife mentioned in her post that he needed someone more mature and more educated. That's why I mentioned the education.

Sorry if I wasn't more clear

laugh out loud no sorry dear. we are discussing that is all  bestbud!

it works both ways. it does not matter who and age. The subject is sensitive to me because I married an older guy when I was 21, he had 38. he was more educated than me but probably less maturity from my perspective

so for me it is easy to judge but everyone is different. imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:57 pm

@jojo47 yes I would feel the same.

I will go further... for me 27 is closer to 23 rather than 33

however it all depends what happened to your life and if you matured younger. women tend to mature younger, at least this is what i am told for years

note: i will add this.... i am sleuthing here... i am not emotionally attached to Mikaela (days back I even said that I find her cute but a bit snobish and too girly for me). what happened to her after the finale , i really do not care.

ETA: if you read me on this forum, I say the exact same thing and I am not seen hanging around in the fan threads. Once the finale is over, I check some interviews after show for closure and I move on to the next season available. I do not know those people. I care only to play detective. If I see a love story, I will defend what I see or think I sleuthed but I will definitely not put any of the contestant or leads on a pedestal. I. do. not. know. those. edited. people. :gotcha:

Last edited by HEA on Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:14 pm

HEA wrote:@jojo47 yes I would feel the same.

I will go further... for me 27 is closer to 23 rather than 33

however it all depends what happened to your life and if you matured younger. women tend to mature younger, at least this is what i am told for years

note: i will add this.... i am sleuthing here... i am not emotionally attached to Mikaela (days back I even said that I find her cute but a bit snobish and too girly for me). what happened to her after the finale , i really do not care

@HEA I was curious, so thanks for answering.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:33 pm

Chris averaged about $440K/year for the first seven of his eight years he played in the majors. Then when he played for the Yankees the last year, his salary was $850K. After taxes and with disciplined investments and good tax advice he should be worth at least $2.5M. Info from baseball almanac site.

I asked the question about education because IMO it is an important factor always but, especially when new career/revenue/income/investment opportunities must be evaluated and developed. 

No matter what the scenario, a successful or, an unsuccessful example can be found but, Chris has known from the beginning that Lyndsey is too young for him. JMO

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:Chris averaged about $440K/year for the first seven of his eight years he played in the majors. Then when he played for the Yankees the last year, his salary was $850K. After taxes and with disciplined investments and good tax advice he should be worth at least $2.5M. Info from baseball almanac site.

I asked the question about education because IMO it is an important factor always but, especially when new career/revenue/income/investment opportunities must be evaluated and developed. 

No matter what the scenario, a successful or, an unsuccessful example can be found but, Chris has known from the beginning that Lyndsey is too young for him. JMO

Thank you @Chgohighlife for your searches !! yes

so we are far away from the 3000$/mo then Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 13 2498057887  so if he was smart enough, he may have invested his money in real estate or else and has a steady income.

and I totally agree about education for the after sport.... now I know a couple of sport people who became reporters, some coaches. I know chris said he had no interest unless it is national.

Some young talented athletes  are lucky to have parents who pushes them in their studies... some young athletes are just not good for studies. I am not worried that chris will find something and become homeless. I am not sure I am that interested to know what he will do after the finale though. Maybe we will know in his interviews after the finale

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Chris’s parents are both teachers so even though he started playing before graduation it seems he had been a good student and a professor developed a plan for him to finish. Don’t know for sure that he did.  

It’s very telling that he chose to play in the minors during his very limited off season. This transition will be difficult for one who loved the game so much. It almost always is.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackHalo Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:36 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:Chris’s parents are both teachers so even though he started playing before graduation it seems he had been a good student and a professor developed a plan for him to finish. Don’t know for sure that he did.  

It’s very telling that he chose to play in the minors during his very limited off season. This transition will be difficult for one who loved the game so much. It almost always is.

Absolutely. These guys live and breathe baseball. Hopefully he can find something he is just as passionate about soon.

BlackHalo

Female Posts : 3323

Back to top Go down

Post by tatladylu Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Re: chris’ earnings

I don’t know about pro ball but I can tell you about pro hockey. These earnings the that the pro athlete makes are not just his. He has managers, agents etc throughout his career so when you say he makes x amount of dollars, that’s not net!!

Hopefully, what he has earned, he’s invested!

tatladylu

Back to top Go down

Post by LynnTa Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:08 pm

Mik's LinkedIn profile states that she attended Humber College from 2010 -2014. Earned a B.Com - Fashion Management..

LynnTa

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:21 pm

With regards to the VO, I am completely UNSURE whether it is all Lyndsey. IMO it could be a few people or at the very least, if it is all Lyndsey, it could be from a few sound bytes relating to other times that she has talked about things. IMO she did say that for her first date that she would need to spend time with him before being ready for accepting an engagement or being ready for marriage with him....not verbatim here but was along those lines. The have to leave part IMO came from Dee. IMO in epi 4 you can see her saying that if he's not ready to spend time with me then I have to leave....again not verbatim but I believe those words were said by her.

As far as the FD's go, IMO, it's not going to be the typical ones. Meaning, there will be only 2 of them there so if bachcan2 and Bette 1 are any indications, it will likely be a date, then MTP, then a walk on the beach or meeting of some sort.

IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Canada - Season 3 - Chris Leroux - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+29
Jennifer
Pinkgirl
ReneeM
Norcalgal
timfan
notarose
Diana
mercieme
4health
northernviewer
Brill