SELECT CONTENT

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Page 29 of 66 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 29 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Can I ask an honest question as I did not watch her season but lurked here at times and knew about the Peter drama. Was her season marred from showing “the real love story” because Peter took up a lot of her time by becoming a focal point of her’s? Was it just editing or storyline ? Similar to Des and Brooks?

Back to top Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 29 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by Minney Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Nillay wrote:I for one can get where she’s coming from. Comparing this finale to hers there is a huge difference in tone. Becca’s finale being all happy and giddy and light, while hers was so depressing and confusing. All of the focus was shifted from her and Bryan to her and the insecure ex model turned personal trainer. She got a lot of sh*t this time last year for something TBTP milked, not necessary something she did or didn’t do. If Garrett hadn’t liked those pictures this season would be a breeze. They got lucky that brought some controversy.
But yeah they didn’t put Becca on the spot as much as the put Rachel, they didn’t make her watch the finale live (which I can imagine is very hard). IMO that’s a lil unfair. If I can recall they didn’t do Becca dirty once....Rachel got to deal with Demario, Lee , Peter and got dragged for all of them.
I get her frustration
All Jmo

I don't disagree about Rachel but they did Becca dirty when her D-bag ex fiancé dumped her with camera's rolling. Maybe they felt that Becca already had enough hence the more gentle ATFR. IMO
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:06 pm

Aria wrote:I'm embarrassed at how much I used to fan Rach. She's definitely Kaitlyn 2.0 (but she's smarter and more articulate, so I think she got away with it longer than Kaitlyn did). 

I don't think they did her and Bryan dirty. I think that was on her, for not going to Peter's room and doing a simple, straight-forward breakup the way Andi, Emily, Ali, and Des had done. Instead, they fought for 4 hours about the stupid proposal. I think she's just rewriting history to protect her pride and her relationship, which is totally fine (every lead has done it!), but it's also time she stop blaming everyone else. I also think she needs someone to tell her that this wedding is never, ever, ever happening. That 2019 spot is going to Jashley, as you don't get a TV wedding by getting screwed over, you get it by being loyal and never saying a bad word about the show. IMO.

I seriously still don’t get this one year later. If she knew it was Brian all along, and she’s so completely frustrated that tptb didn’t give her a love story... then why in the hell was she so bent about making sure the guy she was gonna dump propose to her? It’s kind of twisted and sick, really. She’s selfish and totally all about her, that’s way. Kaitlyn 2.0 for sure. I thought she was a mean girl with squad and Vanessa, and that opinion still holds strong to this day. 

Did Becca get the happier ending? Like maybe, but it’s still debatable. Becca started this journey and got the gig cause she was filmed for a few hours straight having her fiancé dump her for the runner up... so yeah. Rachel started her season anointed and praised, and having her butt licked left and right. So, you win some and you lose some, and get over it Big Rach.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:12 pm

IMO Becca got it worse than Rachel regarding how Becca got dumped on camera thinking it was a happy couples visit. When you sign on that dotted line, you give your life away. RS has always said producers can edit you anyway they like... producers want good TV, they don't care about you as a person. Yeah, it was messed up that they made Rachel sit there all night watching it back. What did you expect Rachel? You have a dramatic break up with your runner up... it's gonna be talked about. No, it's not your fault that Peter had so many fans and were attacking you and Bryan for no reason.

I understand that Peter got the golden boy edit... but that comes with the territory. Just because you're the lead it's not always gonna be edited and shown the way you want it to. You signed up for this. IIRC Jordan & JoJo had a pretty rough ATFR... it was just really negative because all of Jordan's "sleazy" ways.

In regards to her saying they owe her a tv wedding... well... listen... you got paid to be the Bachelorette, you got a free engagement ring, and you went on free vacation for 2 months.

all imo

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Peter got the golden boy edit. Rachel got a stellar edit leaving Nick's season (undoubtedly overshadowing that finale), and so on and so forth. It's the name of the game. JMO.

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 29 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:23 pm

I still like Rachel, I liked her as a Bachelorette, but not when she makes everything about herself which seems like an ongoing theme. Rachel to me is still much more likeable than Kaitlyn. I still can't believe someone like Kaitlyn was the Bachelorette. All just imo.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Nillay Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Minney wrote:
Nillay wrote:I for one can get where she’s coming from. Comparing this finale to hers there is a huge difference in tone. Becca’s finale being all happy and giddy and light, while hers was so depressing and confusing. All of the focus was shifted from her and Bryan to her and the insecure ex model turned personal trainer. She got a lot of sh*t this time last year for something TBTP milked, not necessary something she did or didn’t do. If Garrett hadn’t liked those pictures this season would be a breeze. They got lucky that brought some controversy.
But yeah they didn’t put Becca on the spot as much as the put Rachel, they didn’t make her watch the finale live (which I can imagine is very hard). IMO that’s a lil unfair. If I can recall they didn’t do Becca dirty once....Rachel got to deal with Demario, Lee , Peter and got dragged for all of them.
I get her frustration
All Jmo

I don't disagree about Rachel but they did Becca dirty when her D-bag ex fiancé dumped her with camera's rolling.  Maybe they felt that Becca already had enough hence the more gentle ATFR.  IMO

I get you.
But to me everyone deserves a happy ending, regardless of how their journey ended the previous season. Both ladies were well liked on their respective bachelor seasons, both got their hearts broken( Becca’s breakup was a worse because well she was already engaged)
Even though both were liked, even though both were heartbroken....TBTP treated Rachel far worse with the edit and everything. Just because Arie ended his engagement with Becca on live tv doesn’t mean she was more deserving of nicer treatment or a happier ending compared to Rachel. IMO Rachel’s season was far more emotionally challenging than Becca’s was and after all the drama all season long, she deserved her happy ending with Bryan ...and they just refused to give it to her for the sake of setting pretty boy up for the Bach gig. That’s what i find sad
All jmo

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:11 pm

I sometimes don’t get Rachel at all.

I love how out of all the contestants and leads from this franchise, she cares most about social issues and is vocal about really important stuff like family separations and human trafficking.

Then she turns around and writes a self-serving article about herself when it’s Becca’s season. I get her frustration but it’s a year away from her season, and like others have mentioned, the way you are pissed about your happy-ending,, why do you trust the same people will not screw your wedding? What if they insist you to invite Peter???

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Stone_Hedge wrote:Can I ask an honest question as I did not watch her season but lurked here at times and knew about the Peter drama. Was her season marred from showing “the real love story” because Peter took up a lot of her time by becoming a focal point of her’s? Was it just editing or storyline ? Similar to Des and Brooks?

I don't really remember the details from the ending and the whole progression of the season, but the real love story was definitely shown. I just can't remember how many shiny objects they put out to distract us from it.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I get her frustration
All Jmo

ITA with you, and your last post as well. Good for her for speaking up and having the guts to put it out there again. As far as I'm concerned it's the truth. Her season created a divide so wide between the glorified gapped tooth model who loves himself IMHO and not the real love story that was there between her and Bryan. Those that sleuthed and were convinced Bryan was the F1, were also treated horribly right here on our forum.

IMO TPTB took advantage of the situation, knowing Peter would never propose, and at the same time, trying to get Rachel to get him to profess his love, which he totally was never going to fall in love with her. I don't care if she complains for the next 10 yrs, good for her. Yes she signed up for it and all that jazz, but so did every one else. I wish more would complain about the way they are treated or edited. I don't see why she should keep her mouth shut. That storyboard and editing, created a lot of SM hate after the FRC towards her and her F1 just because she didn't choose the F2. Quite a different story this past season.

Stone_Hedge wrote:Can I ask an honest question as I did not watch her season but lurked here at times and knew about the Peter drama. Was her season marred from showing “the real love story” because Peter took up a lot of her time by becoming a focal point of her’s? Was it just editing or storyline ? Similar to Des and Brooks?

IMO Peter was no where near interested in Rachel, it looked like to me he couldn't even stand next to her. Rachel's focal point was Bryan, sleuthers knew it, but editing made it all about the one who wouldn't propose, Peter.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71474

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nillay Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:31 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
I get her frustration
All Jmo

ITA with you, and your last post as well. Good for her for speaking up and having the guts to put it out there again. As far as I'm concerned it's the truth. Her season created a divide so wide between the glorified gapped tooth model who loves himself IMHO and not the real love story that was there between her and Bryan. Those that sleuthed and were convinced Bryan was the F1, were also treated horribly right here on our forum.

IMO TPTB took advantage of the situation, knowing Peter would never propose, and at the same time, trying to get Rachel to get him to profess his love, which he totally was never going to fall in love with her. I don't care if she complains for the next 10 yrs, good for her. Yes she signed up for it and all that jazz, but so did every one else. I wish more would complain about the way they are treated or edited. I don't see why she should keep her mouth shut. That storyboard and editing, created a lot of SM hate after the FRC towards her and her F1 just because she didn't choose the F2. Quite a different story this past season.

IMO Peter was no where near interested in Rachel, it looked like to me he couldn't even stand next to her. Rachel's focal point was Bryan, sleuthers knew it, but editing made it all about the one who wouldn't propose, Peter.
Yes yes to everything!!

Nillay

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm

By Rachel's own admission, she didn't know she was choosing Bryan until his second 1-on-1, which wasn't until week 7, and even after that, she still had moments where she thought it could be the other guy.

And, again, Peter even asked her "are we breaking up?" and she said "NO!". There's a reason that her breakup with Peter took four hours, whereas every other Bachelorette who dumped her F2 beforehand took like 10 minutes. It's because there was no back and forth, there were no tears, there was no attempt to get the guy to propose, there was no fighting, etc. I think that Rachel will never admit it because she's a prideful woman, but I think that once Peter surprised her with an ILY on that LCD, she did second guess her decision to pick Bryan and she was trying to convince Peter to propose because she realized there was potential with him. The edit didn't make it all about Peter, Rachel did! It's been a freaking year and, even now, every podcast, every blog has a dig at him. It's Kaitlyn all over again and, at some point, you have to take responsibility for your actions. 

IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 66 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

+87
Fleurdesel
provenceguy
mbl
chasus71
gurlbrit