SELECT CONTENT

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Page 32 of 65 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by limoncello Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am

Aria wrote:I just don't think she was treated differently because of her race (gender? maybe, as the show has always treated Bachelorettes differently than Bachelors, but Rachel is comparing herself to a fellow woman). I think that if you put any other Bachelorette in Rachel's place, who spent 4 hours fighting with her F2 about a proposal and crying about it and repeatedly kissing him and saying ILY, they would have gotten exactly the same finale as Rachel did. It's just more compelling TV. After all, what was the focus with Des's finale? Her getting dumped by Brooks and trying to see if she could over it in order to move on. She also never had ITMs talking about how excited she was to accept a proposal; it was all about Brooks. And, in the AFR and subsequent interviews, Des was asked about Brooks over and over again. That's the closest comparison, because Des was the last 'ette who was similarily devastated in that same way Rachel was. 

And, I also just don't buy that the show was protecting Becca and her F1. If this was a sexy scandal, like him having cheated, they would be playing it up like no other. It's just that casting bigots doesn't make the show look good and is a PR disaster, so they're going to try to downplay it. I absolutely don't think Becca was treated like a princess (they brought out her abusive ex, filmed her being dumped by her fiancé, made her watch her ex-fiancé propose to another woman, gave her a cast full of two sexual harassers and one guy convicted of assault/battery). Other than Emily Maynard, no Bachelorette has gotten treated like a princess. They've all gotten treated like sh*t, in some way or another. I think that Rachel just doesn't like that the finale made her look desperate and like she picked her second choice and she is blaming that for Bryan/Rachel not being a fan favorite couple. And I think it has nothing to do with that. They were never going to be massively popular, no matter how that finale went. But who cares? 

IMO.

Don't think it's because of the race either. It was purely because of that drama that her and Peter give, that was gold for the production. She's so salty and I don't really like her complain about being perceived as an angry black female (paraphrasing) - I mean, nobody is calling her that - I think this is just pure victimization. IMO.
limoncello
limoncello

Back to top Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by Kashathediva Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:50 am

Posts have been deleted primarily in response to a single post.
Forum rules

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:58 am

@Chgohighlife Great points!

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:06 am

TheKimist wrote:
mindless wrote:
umngirl wrote:I’m still confused by her “denied my on camera happy ending” line. She makes it sound like her proposal was completely cut out of the show and her season just abruptly ended after she dumped the last guy. Like it makes zero sense.

Yeah, I find that so ridiculously dramatic. Pretty sure at least 40% of the actual finale was Bryan footage. I'm sure there are things they didn't show that she wishes they had, but the way she's talking, you'd think they just showed the breakup with Peter and ended the show right there. What I think she means is that they didn't show enough to get everyone on Bryan's side, but that's never going to happen.

Bryan was given much less than 40%. After we spent an hour wrapping up fantasy suites and Eric's reunion, a full hour of Rachel's finale was spent on Peter, I counted. We spent 40 minutes on the breakup and then 2 segments in the studio with Rachel and Peter on the couch (in addition to teasing the BIP Demario nonsense). I really don't think she's wrong in blaming the format of the live finale for the way that she was treated, of and for being blindsided.  You can tell by the way her actual episode minus the ATFR was edited that without the studio bits she was edited with a nice enough happy ending.

Her strong reaction is that of someone who knows deep down she was treated differently because of her race/gender, but spent an entire year trying to convince herself and others that wasn't the case, that it was just television. A year later to see the Bachelorette i.e. Becca being treated like a princess once again, to have the entire production out to protect both Becca and her pick's questionable behavior instead of exploiting it, is demoralizing. One of the burdens of being a black women is knowing that if you stand up for yourself there is a risk that people will mistake your directness for anger, and then use that to discredit everything else.   Part of her bitterness has to be from realizing in this moment how naive she was in her expectation of how she would be treated, and now she has decided to use her "platform" to speak out about it.

I'm sure US Weekly was glad to let her do it. I'm glad she did too.

Oh I forgot the FD's bled into the finale last year. That was annoying. But I'm going to have to disagree with the rest of your post. I don't mean this in a rude way, but have you watched previous Bachelorette seasons? Because not many Bachelorettes got treated like a princess. Kaitlyn's ATFR was all about Nick (after Shawn got a terrible edit). It was Nick by himself, Nick with Kaitlyn, Nick with Shawn and then like 5 minutes with Shawn and Kaitlyn. Andi's finale was all about Nick as well, showing him at home dealing with his heartbreak, delivering a letter to Andi at MTA and then a drawn out sit down with Nick and Andi. All Andi got was to hold her lookalike the Grumpy Cat. JoJo's finale was definitely edited in Robby's favour as well, but he was such a non-factor there wasn't much drama to be had at ATFR, so instead they focused on Jordan's family drama, the cheating and breakup rumours etc. TPTB will use anything to you give them, Becca just gave them the bare minimum. Garrett didn't put a foot wrong either on camera, so the only thing they could've possibly exploited was those IG likes and I wasn't really expecting them to go into detail about them. I think the last thing they wanted to highlight was their dodgy casting after Lincoln and Leo. It's not like they weren't addressed though, and in any case, Becca's whole season has been overshadowed by Garrett's SM behaviour and they had to answer questions about it in every interview, so it's not like she's had the perfect ride either. Nevermind what she had to deal with on Arie's season. You win some, you lose some. At the end of the day, Rachel is a winner because she found her future husband. Trying to cling onto this franchise despite them apparently being so terrible to her is just silly to me. Do a Des and move on with your life. JMOAA.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:25 am

If anyone is interested, this discussion kind of goes into more detail about how Rachel felt about her finale last year as well as Becca's season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TldVOQA_Dw

I'm not surprised Rachel wrote this article, IMO she doesn't hold back when she has an opinion and this woman is quite opinionated all the time laugh out loud. She mentions in the interview that she would like to be married by next summer with or without a televised wedding so maybe she's not clinging onto ABC as much as it seems
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:27 am

She went on Morning Toast after finding out about those women and their beliefs? Gross.

JMO

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 87b72b10 Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 86669110 Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 pm

umngirl wrote:She went on Morning Toast after finding out about those women and their beliefs? Gross.

JMO

Finding out about these women and their beliefs? Not sure what you mean. What are their beliefs?

ETA: Never mind, did some digging on Google and found out about it for myself. Disgusting tweets for sure but who knows if Rachel even knew this about them? I had no clue no idea
bachfan218
bachfan218

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:20 pm

bleuberry wrote:Rachel ripping TPTB a good one. Something tells me this doesn't bode well for that TV wedding she was hoping to have though. laugh out loud

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rachel-lindsays-the-bachelorette-recap-becca-got-her-happy-ending/

OK I just finally got an opportunity to read this and all I can say is WTH? Wow. Someone is just so full of herself. She is just further reinforcing my opinion.

Guess what Rachel? You are not the first … nor will you be the last … lead who did not get their love story shown as they would wish on the show. That is the way it pretty much happens for all of them. I am shocked that it happened for Becca, but that is not a reason to throw a hissy fit.

Yes, you had to sit on that stage for 3 hours, but so did Becca have her break up with Arie filmed and then discuss it all. Every lead had something.

If you are so happy, then enjoy that happiness because you got it due to being on the show. And if you are so pissed with the producers on the one hand, WTH are you begging for a TV wedding on the other? And guess what Rachel? NO, they do not owe you a televised wedding. In fact, they owe you nothing. You are not a special snowflake, in fact you are starting to sound like Kaitlyn who has been whining and complaining about her lack of wedding for more years than you. Have you seen her get one? At least you got a trip to Spain and Brian out of the experience and both of you have gotten a ton of opportunities because of the show. Go make the most of them and enjoy your happily ever after and stop bitching!

Last edited by Sprite on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:49 pm

bachfan218 wrote:
umngirl wrote:She went on Morning Toast after finding out about those women and their beliefs? Gross.

JMO

Finding out about these women and their beliefs? Not sure what you mean. What are their beliefs?

ETA: Never mind, did some digging on Google and found out about it for myself. Disgusting tweets for sure but who knows if Rachel even knew this about them? I had no clue no idea

She definitely knows IMO. The last time she appeared they were called The Morning Breath. They famously got that show dropped very publicly due to their tweets. Rachel joined them on their new rebranded show The Morning Toast.

I think Rachel is overall regarded as someone who is outspoken and no BS, but she still clearly wants to take every opportunity to extend her 15 min and parlay that into a career, which  is why I think she's overlooking their bigotry IMO. She probably also considers them friends at this point, and I think she gives her friends a pass for things she otherwise would be very outspoken about. JMO.

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 32 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Rachel - don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:59 pm

@TheKimist As much as most of want to be open-minded to all people, regardless of physical characteristics, I think Rachel's opinion that the race card was played may be true. Like all black women who have borne injustices, she could either choose to ignore it or call it out. It is her choice but there will be consequences for it. Namely, that TV wedding is gone and public opinion may be tinted. I also wonder if she loved Bryan so openly, maybe producers playing the Peter card was the best option to get viewers to watch the finale. Viewership was down during her season.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by bachfan218 Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:04 pm

bleuberry wrote:
bachfan218 wrote:

JMO

She definitely knows IMO. The last time she appeared they were called The Morning Breath. They famously got that show dropped very publicly due to their tweets. Rachel joined them on their new rebranded show The Morning Toast.

I think Rachel is overall regarded as someone who is outspoken and no BS, but she still clearly wants to take every opportunity to extend her 15 min and parlay that into a career, which  is why I think she's overlooking their bigotry IMO. She probably also considers them friends at this point, and I think she gives her friends a pass for things she otherwise would be very outspoken about. JMO.

Welp, I missed that major controversy. I agree with some of the points you make. I realized they changed the name but thought it was a spin-off or something. I never followed Morning Breath unless they had someone of interest on.

I won't speak on what Rachel knows or doesn't know  or who she considers a  real friend, but based on social media IMO she probably thought it was a good business opportunity. Not the best decision she's made considering what those girls have said in the past despite their apologies.

I will say though that I can't necessarily blame her for feeling  salty for not having the same support and following as the two previous Bachelorettes before her. She's probably irked IMO that she hasn't reached 1M IG followers. I'm a fan of Rachel's although she does some cringeworthy things here and there, but I wish she would understand that she's an attorney first, doesn't need Bachelor Nation's support or whatever, and can live happily with Bryan and have her wedding featured in some major publication that would probably compensate them well. Us Weekly seems to be in her corner. If I were her, I would go with that! She doesn't need a televised wedding. The sooner she separates herself from this franchise, the better IMO.
bachfan218
bachfan218

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 65 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

+87
Fleurdesel
provenceguy
mbl
chasus71
gurlbrit