SELECT CONTENT

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Page 53 of 65 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 59 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by mysthelma Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:46 am

She never said that, I listened to all her podcast. He co- host Van on higher learning couldn’t pronounce Rachel K’s surname, so she was only trying to help him pronounce it. It interesting how things get lost in translation.

Plus she was very disappointed in Taylor Nolan as well. IMO

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 1f49b  Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:49 am

mysthelma wrote:She never said that, I listened to all her podcast. He co- host  Van on higher learning couldn’t pronounce Rachel K’s surname, so she was only trying to help him pronounce it. It interesting how things get lost in translation.

Plus she was very disappointed in Taylor Nolan as well. IMO

I added to my previous post including quotes. Rachel may have been "very disappointed" in Taylor Nolan, but she didn't go after her even a fraction as hard as she did Rachael K. And Rachel is still following and liking TN.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:51 am

And I remember her saying if she was Rachel K, she will be very outraged that people were calling her all kinds of names including Rachel KKK, and not come out and defend herself instead of keeping quiet for things to fester.

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 1f49b  Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3 - Page 53 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:21 am

mysthelma wrote:And I remember her saying if she was Rachel K, she will be very outraged that people were calling her all kinds of names including Rachel KKK, and not come out and defend herself instead of keeping quiet for things to fester.

Again, I included her quotes on the previous page, so you can be the judge. It would have been nice if Rachel were merely "very disappointed" in Rachael K. as well. My objection is to the lack of equal treatment, especially IMO because Rachael K.'s offenses were not even remotely close to what Taylor N. said. But Taylor is Rachel's friend, so it would be nearly impossible for her to treat Taylor as derisively as she did Rachael. That carries no consequence for Rachel L., it just makes her lose credibility in my eyes. I just can't take her seriously anymore.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:33 pm

It's kind of interesting that in the same podcast @Amethyst was talking about where Rachel Lindsay is discussing RK's racist behavior, Rachel Lindsay happens to call Native Americans "Indians".  She corrects herself but since everyone is getting called out, maybe RL needs to held accountable for that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln36XeP7qaQ&t=1338s
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:23 pm

@alwayscooking What does RL need to be held accountable for? As stated and in the video provided RL corrected and apologized for the term “Indian” to describe Native Americans. Rachael K did not realize there was anything wrong with attending an “old south” party, dressing up as an Indigenous/Native American etc.  and that is why she never deleted said pics from her SM accounts and exactly why she was called out and held accountable for her ignorance.

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:33 pm

Topazgold wrote:@alwayscooking What does RL need to be held accountable for? As stated and in the video provided RL corrected and apologized for the term “Indian” to describe Native Americans. Rachael K did not realize there was anything wrong with attending an “old south” party, dressing up as an Indigenous/Native American etc.  and that is why she never deleted said pics from her SM accounts and exactly why she was called out and held accountable for her ignorance.

I was being a tad sarcastic in my post. My point is, everyone makes mistakes. Even Rachel Lindsay, who has been calling everyone out, made a mistake. Yes, she corrected herself, and apologized. Good for her. But so have others. My wish is that people are given a little more grace in this world. People make mistakes, they apologize and hopefully move on.
alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:00 pm

alwayscooking wrote:
Topazgold wrote:@alwayscooking What does RL need to be held accountable for? As stated and in the video provided RL corrected and apologized for the term “Indian” to describe Native Americans. Rachael K did not realize there was anything wrong with attending an “old south” party, dressing up as an Indigenous/Native American etc.  and that is why she never deleted said pics from her SM accounts and exactly why she was called out and held accountable for her ignorance.

I was being a tad sarcastic in my post.  My point is, everyone makes mistakes.  Even Rachel Lindsay, who has been calling everyone out, made a mistake.  Yes, she corrected herself, and apologized.  Good for her.  But so have others.  My wish is that people are given a little more grace in this world.  People make mistakes, they apologize and hopefully move on.

Alwayscooking, I completely agree with you.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:53 pm

I’ve been reading this forum today after taking a break and am getting more and more disturbed by the microaggressions I see here.

It would be great if grace were applied to the contestants who are POC as well.

Instead, what I have seen is some here reserve primarily all of their criticism for the POC on the show (Rachel, Matt, Taylor) and primarily all of their grace for the white people on this show (Rachael, CH, HB). And, that is unconscious bias aka covert racism at play.

And with that I’ve had enough.

jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:45 pm

gabriele wrote:I’ve been reading this forum today after taking a break and am getting more and more disturbed by the microaggressions I see here.

Instead, what I have seen is some here reserve primarily all of their criticism for the POC on the show (Rachel, Matt, Taylor) and primarily all of their grace for the white people on this show (Rachael, CH, HB). And, that is unconscious bias aka covert racism at play.

jmo
I agree with you. Well said! :yes:

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:10 am

gabriele wrote:I’ve been reading this forum today after taking a break and am getting more and more disturbed by the microaggressions I see here.

jmo

If you are directing that at me, I've said consistently nice things about Matt. The only mildly negative things I've said are that I don't think he's ready for marriage, and (as of right now,) that I think it's time he moved on and left Rachael alone. Oh, and that given his dad's abandonment of him as a child, that I think therapy would be useful (I don't consider that a criticism, just an observation based on personal experience.) I wish him well.

As for Rachel L., all I ask that she treat people equally. IMO she hasn't, by a long shot. If asking for someone to treat people equally is a "microagression," so be it. As far as I'm concerned she is welcome to whatever success she finds in life. I just don't care to be a part of it.

Taylor's vile tweets speak for themselves.

And as for Rachael K., I've been onboard from the beginning for finding her actions racially insensitive. AFAIK I was the first one on this board to bring the plantation/southern belle photos over here for discussion. However I think what happened to her over time became a vicious pile-on that was out of proportion to her offenses (especially when you compare her treatment to Taylor's treatment, which had largely blown over in less than a week.) YMMV
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:53 am

IMO what happened while Matt's season was airing is that BIPOC allies emerged and made their ability to speak on racism within the BN known. Obvious things like the statements posted by Matt & Clare/Tayshia’s cast members have been followed by some of the same people continuing to speak up as podcast guests and in interviews. This increase in voices volunteering to speak up means Rachel’s future load is lightened when it comes to addressing bad practice within the franchise and hopefully will shine a greater spotlight on the message instead of the messenger.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 65 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 59 ... 65  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Rachel & Bryan Abasolo - Bachelorette 13 - Discussion - #3

+87
Fleurdesel
provenceguy
mbl
chasus71
gurlbrit