SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 10 of 48 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 29 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by notarose Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 pm

happygolucky wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:*snipped*  And I don’t think any woman is Arie’s soulmate. Maybe he and Lauren will work out, but reading everything here it seems like he spent the whole process changing who he was into.  IMO.
Now, this is the part that is very interesting and what I couldn't put my finger on, but what ultimately surprised me ...
I was expecting a player ... and I got the player ... but while I was expecting to see the player who would make his suave moves with every girl and be real with only the girl he would be falling for ... I see him like a chameleon who adapts its colors each time, depending who he is interacting with ... and I'm not sure we're seeing "the real Arie" with Lauren either ... I do like his efforts and him trying to impress her, but wonder how long that will last ... and I'm curious who would all of you pick when Arie has been the most "himself" with?
I would pick Bekah.
I just saw him as more relaxed, enjoying himself in her company, playful banter mixed with serious talk, he didn’t doubt mutual attraction - just doubted the wisdom of the age difference. Even at Moulin Rouge IMO he chose her to be on stage with because he didn’t mind being silly with her (brought out that goofy dude from his home videos). She calms and excites him at the same time. 
He just appears more comfortable around her. A nice mix of friend qualities with mutual sexual attraction. 
JMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:45 pm

I'm curious who would all of you pick when Arie has been the most "himself" with?

Imo, Arie has been most himself with Baby Beks.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:53 pm

happygolucky wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:*snipped*  And I don’t think any woman is Arie’s soulmate. Maybe he and Lauren will work out, but reading everything here it seems like he spent the whole process changing who he was into.  IMO.
Now, this is the part that is very interesting and what I couldn't put my finger on, but what ultimately surprised me ...
I was expecting a player ... and I got the player ... but while I was expecting to see the player who would make his suave moves with every girl and be real with only the girl he would be falling for ... I see him like a chameleon who adapts its colors each time, depending who he is interacting with ... and I'm not sure we're seeing "the real Arie" with Lauren either ... I do like his efforts and him trying to impress her, but wonder how long that will last ... and I'm curious who would all of you pick when Arie has been the most "himself" with?

Baby Becca.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mprssdbyu Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 pm

happygolucky wrote:
Now, this is the part that is very interesting and what I couldn't put my finger to it, but what ultimately surprised me ...

Maybe I'm guilty of watching with rose colored glasses because I loved "Arie" after I was introduced to him on Emily's season. I don't see him as a chameleon at all. I see him relating to each girl's personality. Each girl represents a different relationship. Being in real estate for so long, I can attribute my successful transactions to the fact that I related to their wants and needs. I enjoyed getting to know them all. Arie had a short time to get to know them and he dug in. What is the right approach? I saw very different sides to Arie on 1/1 esp with Jacqueline and Bekah. He was honest and open and sincere.

Bekah really peaked his interest from the moment he sat on the back of that mustang with her. The man couldn't put two thoughts together she had him so out of sorts. Going forward, they were bonding leaps and bounds above the rest until.............she muttered "22". His reaction said it all to me. I saw such sadness in his eyes. He was sooooo disappointed. You would have thought he had seen a ghost. His response to her was one of the most real conversations (moments) I've ever seen on TB. I do admire him for trying to put it in perspective and keeping his head in the journey.

All this to say, he spent the rest of the journey trying to replace the emotions he felt towards her. He put his big boy pants on and moved forward keeping himself open to finding what he came looking for. Did it work? Time will tell. JMO

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass
It's about learning to dance in the rain
mprssdbyu
mprssdbyu

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:06 pm

@mprssdbyu interesting enough, I find him honest with all the girls (minus Krystal, but because he was aware she was playing him, so he played her) IMO and it's why I actually do like his colors ... but honest/open and being himself is different to me.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:37 pm

Agree with the others that "Baby Bekha" is who he is the most himself with but I think he is still holding something back even with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:15 am

@mprssdbyu You nailed it, imo. And I agree it was baby Beks.

btw, I haven't disliked him as lead, but I am disappointed that they didn't show his personality as we saw him on Em's season. Disappointed, but not at all surprised since the show is never about the lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 am

I used to think Arie was talking about Becca when he basically said in interviews earlier in the season that he didn't go with just chemistry like he usually has done in the past. But now I believe that he was talking about Baby Beks. 

I think Arie was too aware of his reputation and given Baby Beks' age I have no doubt there's no way Arie would have been convincing with his "I am ready for marriage" by choosing Baby Beks regardless of how mature she may be. 

If Baby Beks was older I think he would have chosen her as his F1. That said, I still don't think it would have lasted and Arie would eventually have gotten bored and moved on to someone else, just like I think he has done anyway with the switcheroo. Imo it's just Arie being Arie.

JMO
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:29 am

AllAboutLove wrote:I used to think Arie was talking about Becca when he basically said in interviews earlier in the season that he didn't go with just chemistry like he usually has done in the past. But now I believe that he was talking about Baby Beks. 

I think Arie was too aware of his reputation ***snipped*** JMO
IA ... exactly ... which is why I believe him picking BeccaK was his way of mending the said reputation, only to then realizing that he can't fake it with her ... so maybe that could be his "wake-up call" to change, tho' I'm not putting my money on it.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:36 am

@happygolucky HGL, please don't hold your breathe waiting for him to change or realize he needs to, I'd miss you around here.  Hugesmile

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 am

All I know is if any other lead had pulled this crap, liking SM pics of the runner-up etc or doing what definitely seems like a switcheroo while the show is still airing they'd be raked over the coals imo so I don't see why Arie should be exempt. Not to go off topic but if Peter had been the lead and pulled this crap, I'd be all over him for sure. So I'm not giving Arie a pass or excuse his behavior. If I'm going to wait and see when it comes to Arie it's not because I am holding out for some positive outcome, it's because I am waiting to see what other crap he will pull. Because so far, his pattern of behavior has proven the rumors about him to be true imo. That's enough for me to not need to defend him. He needs to prove himself. I don't have to prove anything for him. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:42 am

havadrpepper wrote:Agree with the others that "Baby Bekha" is who he is the most himself with but I think he is still holding something back even with her.
His heart (he said it) Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 10 2498057887  
ETA: On that note ... their conversation at the reveal of her age probably is the realest of the talks he had on the show ...
And what makes me think there lies the problem of him not "falling for anyone really" ... he keeps the control ... and I see him being in control with Lauren too ... he was in control the whole time and continues to be because there is no "heart" involved - IMHO.
@Ladybug82 Hugesmile noted, thanks blowkiss

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 48 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 29 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+53
timfan
Newto
LeapofFaith
Luvstruck
justcallmegranny