SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 11 of 48 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:53 am

happygolucky wrote:... and I'm curious who would all of you pick when Arie has been the most "himself" with?

IMO that would probably be Bekah M ... BUT ... I don't really know Arie outside of seeing him on one or another Reality TV show which is a hard way to know with any confidence what "being himself" would really look like. He did seem to enjoy being with her, their repartee, and making out. It seemed fun and comfortable so maybe that was "being himself".

mprssdbyu wrote:
snip
Bekah really peaked his interest from the moment he sat on the back of that mustang with her. The man couldn't put two thoughts together she had him so out of sorts. Going forward,  they were bonding leaps and bounds above the rest until.............she muttered "22". His reaction said it all to me. I saw such sadness in his eyes. He was sooooo disappointed. You would have thought he had seen a ghost. His response to her was one of the most real conversations (moments) I've ever seen on TB. I do admire him for trying to put it in perspective and keeping his head in the journey.
snip

Yes - that's exactly how it struck me when I watched that scene. IMO the whole situation with Bekah's age seemed very "produced". That admission was held back for a while - as though production was waiting for just the right moment - and then sprung on Arie. I felt like production might have been told by Arie "Don't give me any early 20 year olds who are just looking for a summer fling - give me girls who are ready for marriage and a commitment" and they told Bekah "Arie likes young girls so your age is a real advantage - now's the time to tell him" so she almost proudly spouts it out and he is devastated by it. IMO that would be typical producer manipulation. After that I felt I could see a change in how Arie dealt with her and some of the things he said to her were a little bit "edgy". IMO after he learned her age it was never the same - he pulled back and it was just a matter of time before he would send her home.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sanlee088 Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:47 am

Lucas15 wrote:
happygolucky wrote:... and I'm curious who would all of you pick when Arie has been the most "himself" with?

IMO that would probably be Bekah M ... BUT ... I don't really know Arie outside of seeing him on one or another Reality TV show which is a hard way to know with any confidence what "being himself" would really look like.  He did seem to enjoy being with her, their repartee, and making out. It seemed fun and comfortable so maybe that was "being himself".

You took the words right out of my mouth with the bolded! :yes: I don’t know him enough to know what being himself looks like.
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:38 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:All I know is if any other lead had pulled this crap, liking SM pics of the runner-up etc or doing what definitely seems like a switcheroo while the show is still airing they'd be raked over the coals imo so I don't see why Arie should be exempt. Not to go off topic but if Peter had been the lead and pulled this crap, I'd be all over him for sure. So I'm not giving Arie a pass or excuse his behavior. If I'm going to wait and see when it comes to Arie it's not because I am holding out for some positive outcome, it's because I am waiting to see what other crap he will pull. Because so far, his pattern of behavior has proven the rumors about him to be true imo. That's enough for me to not need to defend him. He needs to prove himself. I don't have to prove anything for him. jmo

Funny I was just thinking this myself. Last season Peter was crucified for his wishy washy behaviour and yet here is Arie mostly being given a pass for his whorish ways...and yet IMO he has a much longer track record for his behaviour.  no idea

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Sprite wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:All I know is if any other lead had pulled this crap, liking SM pics of the runner-up etc or doing what definitely seems like a switcheroo while the show is still airing they'd be raked over the coals imo so I don't see why Arie should be exempt. Not to go off topic but if Peter had been the lead and pulled this crap, I'd be all over him for sure. So I'm not giving Arie a pass or excuse his behavior. If I'm going to wait and see when it comes to Arie it's not because I am holding out for some positive outcome, it's because I am waiting to see what other crap he will pull. Because so far, his pattern of behavior has proven the rumors about him to be true imo. That's enough for me to not need to defend him. He needs to prove himself. I don't have to prove anything for him. jmo

Funny I was just thinking this myself. Last season Peter was crucified for his wishy washy behaviour and yet here is Arie mostly being given a pass for his whorish ways...and yet IMO he has a much longer track record for his behaviour.  no idea

I hate to bring Peter to this season’s discussion, but I have to clarify why I am not a fan of him. The main reason is him promoting love and kindness on sm, but then turning around and liking comments that shade the f1. Then he writes lengthy post to defend himself. To me, that’s hypocritical. I also don’t like him giving false clues to give hope to his die hard fans, I feel that’s being manipulative. All Jmo, because I can’t speak for others. But he seems to do great now, so it’s all in the past.
I am still waiting for more facts to form my opinion on Arie but I admit, I am not invested this season so this is all very entertaining to me. Too bad people’s feeling were hurt, especially Becca. Wish the best for her.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Arie is growing on me, mainly from his post-show interviews. He is very articulate and personable. There, I said it. laugh out loud

His style of kissing drives me crazy though. It looks like it's in slow mo. Jmho.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by sanlee088 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 pm

It makes you wonder how people would react if Arie chose Lauren at the FRC and switched to Becca afterwards. I know a lot of people think that their chemistry and compatibility is off the charts, and I’m wondering if people would think his change of heart from Lauren to Becca made the most sense question especially since a lot of people don’t see anything there with Lauren and perhaps they would think he just made a mistake.

I have no idea who is better for him as I don’t know him and what he really wants in a wife/girlfriend/mate/whateveritishewants.

Last edited by sanlee088 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
sanlee088
sanlee088

Female Posts : 1754

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:24 pm

sdmom wrote:
Sprite wrote:

I hate to bring Peter to this season’s discussion,  but I have to clarify why I am not a fan of him. The main reason is him promoting love and kindness on sm, but then turning around and liking comments that shade the f1. Then he writes lengthy post to defend himself. To me, that’s hypocritical.  I also don’t like him giving false clues to give hope to his die hard fans, I feel that’s being manipulative. All Jmo, because I can’t speak for others. But he seems to do great now, so it’s all in the past.
I am still waiting for more facts to form my opinion on Arie but I admit, I am not invested this season so this is all very entertaining to me. Too bad people’s feeling were hurt, especially Becca. Wish the best for her.

Oh I wasn't defending Peter. He has his own issues. I was just wondering why he was so quickly crucified last season with much less long term evidence against him and yet Arie has mostly been given a free pass....with many years worth of evidence behind him. It was there before he came on Emily's season and the pattern of behaviour has continued since.

I very rarely get invested in any season anymore and I have to admit even less with this one. I was hoping I would be able to get into it more because I actually enjoyed Arie during Emily's season, but I think he made for a better contestant than a lead. I was expecting a suave playboy and instead I got Mr. Rogers who likes to stick his tongue down everyone's throat. Oh well, it will be fun watching him twist himself into a pretzel trying to explain this one away.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm

If Arie has picked Lauren but pulled the same stunts with spoiling the show via social media, liking Becca’s pics, reportedly calling her while still engaged, and then dumping Lauren on camera to then reunite with Becca I’d still think the same. His actions are shady who matter who the women involved are. JMO

Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 87b72b10 Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 86669110 Bachelorette - Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by littlereddress Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:31 pm

sanlee088 wrote:It makes you wonder how people would react if Arie chose Lauren at the FRC and switched to Becca afterwards. I know a lot of people think that their chemistry and compatibility is off the charts, and I’m wondering if people would think his change of heart from Lauren to Becca made the most sense question especially since a lot of people don’t see anything there with Lauren and perhaps they would think he just made a mistake.

I have no idea who is better for him as I don’t know him and what he really wants in a wife/girlfriend/mate/whateveritishewants.

I think Arie would be celebrated if the switch was from Lauren to Becca. Becca is so popular and well loved I feel like we would be reading posts he came to his senses and picked the "right" girl in the end. JMO.

littlereddress

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 pm

It doesn't look to me as though Arie has gotten a pass - from the majority of posts he is getting a good lashing. I don't know him or what really happened in his past or up to the switch, so my only reason for putting up a defense for him is to bring balance to all the hate he is getting. I'm not a big fan of his or any of the contestants though. Just here for the intrigue.

eta: I wonder if Lauren would be the fan favorite though if she had been the spoiled F1...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

sanlee088 wrote:It makes you wonder how people would react if Arie chose Lauren at the FRC and switched to Becca afterwards. I know a lot of people think that their chemistry and compatibility is off the charts, and I’m wondering if people would think his change of heart from Lauren to Becca made the most sense question especially since a lot of people don’t see anything there with Lauren and perhaps they would think he just made a mistake.

In some cases, this is what happens when the fan favorite isn't chosen in the end. Also, some think Arie is just a womanizer period and isn't ready to commit to just one woman. If that is indeed the case (I don't really know if it is or not), he better get his act together as he is not getting any younger. If he was 26, he could keep playing the field, but at 36, he should start thinking long-term...and maybe, just maybe he is. Time will tell, as with any couple from this show.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:41 pm

sanlee088 wrote:It makes you wonder how people would react if Arie chose Lauren at the FRC and switched to Becca afterwards. I know a lot of people think that their chemistry and compatibility is off the charts, and I’m wondering if people would think his change of heart from Lauren to Becca was okay. question especially since a lot of people don’t see anything there with Lauren and perhaps they would think he just made a mistake.

I would be having the same reaction no matter who was picked first and then dumped for whoever else. I don't really see him into Becca and never have from the start. Oh, he likes her and finds her attractive, but I don't see the "it" between them that I have with other leads...even when they didn't work out with their chosen one. I think he picks her because she looks good on paper for that wife material he says he is looking for and maybe because of the boyfriend coming back. You know...wanting what you can't have. TPTB certainly know how to do their jobs.

While I actually think Arie has shown more interest in Lauren and there is more natural chemistry, I don't see that lasting either. I don't know that one is better than the other as a long term partner for Arie since I don't think that is what he wants no matter what drivel he is spouting for the show. Watching him I am put to mind of an episode from Love American Style that I remember watching back in the early 70's. It's about a couple who have been together for 50 years. When they got together the woman drew up a contract that every year they would have the option of renewing the contract about staying together because the guy liked lots of women. That way they could both back out and go with other people without recriminations. On their 50th anniversary the woman thinks they have been together long enough that he has proved his loyalty and gives him a permanent contract...and once he realises he has her....he dumps her.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 48 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+53
timfan
Newto
LeapofFaith
Luvstruck
justcallmegranny