Welcome!!

Become a Member of our site to be able to post and join in on the conversations! Guests are welcomed, our threads are not locked.

A site for fans of The Bachelor & The Bachelorette who enjoy
sleuthing and discussing Spoilers and Non Spoilers!

Discuss a variety of other shows, as well as International Bachelor and Bachelorette!

Please read the Rules!

bbspoilerfans@outlook.com

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/f1-about-our-site-rules-guidelines

Enjoy!

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by sdmom on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

@umngirl wrote:
@sdmom wrote:@GuardianAngel I wonder if Homa Grace is Lauren’s handler?
Do multiple girls share one handler in the beginning?

Yes, they do. When there are less girls left they each have their own.

Thanks! I know GA was wondering if Megan Firestone is Lauren’s handler, so I am trying to figure that out.


"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
avatar
sdmom

Posts : 6233
Join date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by 2ndcampbell on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:12 am

@albean99 wrote:Since we're seeing what they want us to see of each date, it's really hard to come to a conclusion on what Arie wanted at this point. It certainly looks like he wanted Lauren but I doubt he was totally in at that point. The edit is certainly pushing Lauren on us right now and maybe downplaying Becca. The question is really what do they want us to believe. It will be interesting to see how the HTDs go and if Lauren will still be a frontrunner.

They should show the emotional tug Arie was in. It would have to be an even keel kinda of situation where Becca slightly edged out Lauren. The viewers who think he's a dufus for hurting Becca might have a better understanding of the dilemma. Because if they choose to show his undying love for Lauren all along, we'll continue to scratch our heads and crucify him.


Disclaimer: Anything I post is solely in my humble opinion and doesn't represent anyone else's. :soapbox
avatar
2ndcampbell

Posts : 432
Join date : 2013-03-01
Location : Would rather be in Costa Rica

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by justcallmegranny on Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:43 am

Perhaps he was unsure of Lauren's answer if he did propose and he didn't want another situation like with Emily where he was dumped at the FRC so he chose the one he *knew* would accept even though his heart was telling him to choose Lauren?

justcallmegranny

Posts : 60
Join date : 2016-09-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by docnash14 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:02 pm

@justcallmegranny wrote:Perhaps he was unsure of Lauren's answer if he did propose and he didn't want another situation like with Emily where he was dumped at the FRC so he chose the one he *knew* would accept even though his heart was telling him to choose Lauren?

I also wonder how much family factored in his initial decision. If we are getting an accurate portrayal (what a juxtaposition in Bachelor world) of Arie's visit to Lauren's family that may have given him pause as it's clear family is important to him ("her family might become my family"). I have always believed that Brad 1.0 would have chosen Bettina if it weren't for the poor reception he got from her dad.

docnash14

Posts : 3499
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by pbmax on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

@2ndcampbell wrote:
@albean99 wrote:Since we're seeing what they want us to see of each date, it's really hard to come to a conclusion on what Arie wanted at this point. It certainly looks like he wanted Lauren but I doubt he was totally in at that point. The edit is certainly pushing Lauren on us right now and maybe downplaying Becca. The question is really what do they want us to believe. It will be interesting to see how the HTDs go and if Lauren will still be a frontrunner.

They should show the emotional tug Arie was in. It would have to be an even keel kinda of situation where Becca slightly edged out Lauren. The viewers who think he's a dufus for hurting Becca might have a better understanding of the dilemma. Because if they choose to show his undying love for Lauren all along, we'll continue to scratch our heads and crucify him.

They are clearly laying it out, the things he's saying, "he doesn't want to make a mistake by picking the wrong person(several times), his concern about Lauren not opening up, Jacqueline leaving and his ILY to Lauren.
avatar
pbmax

Posts : 1525
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Lucas15 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:03 pm

@docnash14 wrote:I also wonder how much family factored in his initial decision.  If we are getting an accurate portrayal (what a juxtaposition in Bachelor world) of Arie's visit to Lauren's family that may have given him pause as it's clear family is important to him ("her family might become my family").  I have always believed that Brad 1.0 would have chosen Bettina if it weren't for the poor reception he got from her dad.

I also felt that way - especially since she sided with her parents on that date.

IMO, HTD are perhaps the most critical / potential pivotal dates of the season. You never know what's going to happen and a bad experience on a HTD can crush a new relationship. Likewise a great experience can vault a relationship that was previously "meh". I can understand why Arie could have wanted 5 HTD instead of 4 - he wanted time and he wanted options, IMO. While the episode preview seems to paint a picture that he got grilled pretty well on several HTDs.

I really wonder if the HTD with Lauren didn't go well and that could have been a driving force behind his decision to pick Becca. That would provide a reason for filming what appears to be a reunion between them at her parents house - whatever might have gone wrong had to be made right.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2356
Join date : 2011-06-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Mommyof2 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:32 pm

@Lucas15 wrote:
@docnash14 wrote:I also wonder how much family factored in his initial decision.  If we are getting an accurate portrayal (what a juxtaposition in Bachelor world) of Arie's visit to Lauren's family that may have given him pause as it's clear family is important to him ("her family might become my family").  I have always believed that Brad 1.0 would have chosen Bettina if it weren't for the poor reception he got from her dad.

I also felt that way - especially since she sided with her parents on that date.

IMO, HTD are perhaps the most critical / potential pivotal dates of the season. You never know what's going to happen and a bad experience on a HTD can crush a new relationship. Likewise a great experience can vault a relationship that was previously "meh". I can understand why Arie could have wanted 5 HTD instead of 4 - he wanted time and he wanted options, IMO. While the episode preview seems to paint a picture that he got grilled pretty well on several HTDs.

I really wonder if the HTD with Lauren didn't go well and that could have been a driving force behind his decision to pick Becca. That would provide a reason for filming what appears to be a reunion between them at her parents house - whatever might have gone wrong had to be made right.

This actually makes sense to me. With Lauren's Dad saying he will kill Arie makes me think her Dad was more than skeptical about Arie/the process. Something has to go terribly wrong between now and the FRC. no idea
avatar
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 7852
Join date : 2011-04-07
Location : Wisconsin

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

@Mommyof2 wrote:
@Lucas15 wrote:
@docnash14 wrote:I also wonder how much family factored in his initial decision.  If we are getting an accurate portrayal (what a juxtaposition in Bachelor world) of Arie's visit to Lauren's family that may have given him pause as it's clear family is important to him ("her family might become my family").  I have always believed that Brad 1.0 would have chosen Bettina if it weren't for the poor reception he got from her dad.

I also felt that way - especially since she sided with her parents on that date.

IMO, HTD are perhaps the most critical / potential pivotal dates of the season. You never know what's going to happen and a bad experience on a HTD can crush a new relationship. Likewise a great experience can vault a relationship that was previously "meh". I can understand why Arie could have wanted 5 HTD instead of 4 - he wanted time and he wanted options, IMO. While the episode preview seems to paint a picture that he got grilled pretty well on several HTDs.

I really wonder if the HTD with Lauren didn't go well and that could have been a driving force behind his decision to pick Becca. That would provide a reason for filming what appears to be a reunion between them at her parents house - whatever might have gone wrong had to be made right.

This actually makes sense to me.  With Lauren's Dad saying he will kill Arie makes me think her Dad was more than skeptical about Arie/the process.  Something has to go terribly wrong between now and the FRC.  no idea

None of this excuses Arie. Again Brad 1.0 refused to use Jenni or DeAnna to give the fake happy ending.

Arie still decided to commit to dating Becca exclusively while thinking more about Lauren. Arie should have been man enough to ask for more time, take a chance on the one he really wanted or not chosen at all.

All of these excuses make me like Arie even less. JMO.
avatar
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10805
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 47
Location : Tennessee Baby!

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by docnash14 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:03 am

@stuckinsc wrote:
@Mommyof2 wrote:
@Lucas15 wrote:

I also felt that way - especially since she sided with her parents on that date.

IMO, HTD are perhaps the most critical / potential pivotal dates of the season. You never know what's going to happen and a bad experience on a HTD can crush a new relationship. Likewise a great experience can vault a relationship that was previously "meh". I can understand why Arie could have wanted 5 HTD instead of 4 - he wanted time and he wanted options, IMO. While the episode preview seems to paint a picture that he got grilled pretty well on several HTDs.

I really wonder if the HTD with Lauren didn't go well and that could have been a driving force behind his decision to pick Becca. That would provide a reason for filming what appears to be a reunion between them at her parents house - whatever might have gone wrong had to be made right.

This actually makes sense to me.  With Lauren's Dad saying he will kill Arie makes me think her Dad was more than skeptical about Arie/the process.  Something has to go terribly wrong between now and the FRC.  no idea

None of this excuses Arie. Again Brad 1.0 refused to use Jenni or DeAnna to give the fake happy ending.

Arie still decided to commit to dating Becca exclusively while thinking more about Lauren. Arie should have been man enough to ask for more time, take a chance on the one he really wanted or not chosen at all.

All of these excuses make me like Arie even less. JMO.

I agree that ultimately only Arie is responsible for his actions/decisions. However, I don't think we have enough information to know unequivocally what he did or did not do and, hence, I am going to reserve judgment. Further, I think it's difficult to understand the decision making process in this type of environment - the producer manipulation, the sleep deprivation described by the majority of leads, the strategy that many of the leads adopt in compartmentalizing the different relationships - all increase the likelihood of decision making impairment. But that said and back to your point, as I say to my clients, I think it's important to understand the reason for our and others behavior as long as we don't use it as an excuse which can only lead to disempowerment. Conversely, understanding the reason can foster compassion and forgiveness.

docnash14

Posts : 3499
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:13 am

@docnash14  Nicely put. yes I love this statement, just love it and believe it:
it's important to understand the reason for our and others behavior as long as we don't use it as an excuse which can only lead to disempowerment. Conversely, understanding the reason can foster compassion and forgiveness.


My doctor asked me: "Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness?" My answer:"No they all enjoy it immensely."

" Let's all take a moment and put our petty Team This and Team That aside and remember when all is said and done we should be Team BBF first.   group hug 
Life really is too short. This is a show. " - Kasha 
 sweet kiss
RIP my little one. I will miss you. 
avatar
Kashathediva
Moderator
Moderator

Female Posts : 33257
Join date : 2011-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am

@docnash14 Good Post I totally agree. I find myself more interested in why some of these contestants behave the way they do. In this case I don't know all the details, but it is interesting to speculate.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________
RIP Sophie Little Girl  



All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  
avatar
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 51690
Join date : 2011-04-04

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:55 pm

Episode 6 but these guys are proud members of BN

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 48 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 12th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum