SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 48 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teamnick - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 48 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Lucas15 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Hawaii Girl wrote:in fact, she remained composed and simply begged for him to leave so she could cry in private, but he couldn't even give her that and instead followed her around the house until she finally cried in front of him.

IMO if anyone actually watched that breakup scene closely they might see something different; I did just that earlier today and while they say this was unedited, there was at least one significant edit in it and it was heavily produced. That edit was when Arie left initially. The camera followed him down the front walk and then went black. Some seconds later the camera turned back on and he was already halfway back to the front door which was now open (he had closed it when he left seconds before). When he left the second time he did the same thing and the same camera followed him but this time you could see a black SUV parked in the street which was not there the previous time he left. The same camera followed him as he got into the SUV and was driven away. IMO the most likely explanation here is that he wasn't supposed to leave as soon as he did and they turned his camera off so they could tell him what to do and get him turned around and headed back off camera. Certainly the SUV wasn't there initially so he couldn't have left then no matter what - unless he was going to walk home.

IMO production sent Arie back in after he left the first time because they didn't have as much footage as they wanted (they likely wanted to film Becca crying). Arie blatantly looked over his shoulder on more than one occasion at "something / someone" that we couldn't see - IMO he was looking at a producer giving him signals about what he was supposed to do as most of the time he just looked uncertain of what he was supposed to do. Becca's crying in the bathroom was heard but never seen; she came out of the bathroom with nary a tear on her face nor a run in her mascara. It's possible we might have heard her crying but IMO it's also possible that was an edited in sound effect and not her at all. Since we didn't see it we can't be certain either way.
JMHO - at least in terms of my speculations. As to what I've described - less opinion and more just reporting what I actually saw.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

teamnick - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 48 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by mindless Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

It's clear they told him to get back in and get a bigger reaction out of her. The spineless wimp (IMO) could have easily said no though IMO. There's being a puppet and then there's being Arie. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:38 pm

rosefever wrote:IMO Becca could have handled it better. She also displayed (IMO) immaturity when she said Arie destroyed the magic of an unbroken first engagement, the Bachelor has like a 5% success rate? It wasn't a heat of the moment statement either, it was a very calculated attack on Arie. Meanwhile I don't think Arie has ever said anything bad about anyone.

I think that is a recycled line. IIRC Melissa said a very similar thing at the filmed breakup between her and Jason (maybe in the limo?). And if I remember the story correctly, shortly thereafter she was photographed at a birthday party with Tye Strickland whom she would later marry.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by XQZME Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Hawaii Girl wrote:
rosefever wrote:It's my understanding that Arie told her he was going to call Lauren to sort out his feelings. I didn't save the source for what was said exactly. At that point Becca knew that Arie hadn't made up his mind yet. So I don't think it was a complete blindside.

IMO Becca could have handled it better. She also displayed (IMO) immaturity when she said Arie destroyed the magic of an unbroken first engagement, the Bachelor has like a 5% success rate? It wasn't a heat of the moment statement either, it was a very calculated attack on Arie. Meanwhile I don't think Arie has ever said anything bad about anyone.
He told Becca his unresolved feelings stemmed from the fact that he'd have to relive it while the show was airing, and that he was waiting for it to be over so he and Becca could move on with their lives, and that he wanted to call Lauren because he felt bad and to apologise. So he was not truthful with Becca about the real reason he wanted to speak to Lauren. 

IMO, Becca handled that breakup about as well as she could've. She did not have a "mental breakdown" - in fact, she remained composed and simply begged for him to leave so she could cry in private, but he couldn't even give her that and instead followed her around the house until she finally cried in front of him. And she wasn't "attacking" Arie about him ruining her first proposal. After how graciously she's handled this whole situation and the fact that she's essentially let him off the hook, to the point where many viewers on Twitter and other forums said that they wished she gave him a piece of her mind and was harsher on him, I think she's allowed to call him out on ruining her first proposal when he was never invested in it and was regretting since before it even happened (since he said he regretted his choice as soon as Lauren walked up to him at the FRC) IMO. It's not immature of her to point out one of the many ways Arie handled this thing poorly (to put it lightly). Arie deserved to be called out way, way more than she did.

@Hawaii Girl...a million likes for your post!!!! :claphands
XQZME
XQZME

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:47 pm

offtopic offtopic offtopic

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 pm

sanlee088 wrote:
whit90 wrote:
SarahD wrote:I hope by now Arie's and Lauren's conversations are more than wow and I love that. When the notoriety about them dies down and it's 3 months in, I wonder what theire relationship will be like.

Also, question to those who are married, if a woman is interested in your husband and says IF his feelings for her are strong enough, your husband should take the risk and leave you, that's okay and acceptable?
Yes I am married but IMO it is way different than what Arie did . He was only engaged to her for 6 week barely saw each other and told her he was struggling. There is a huge difference in being married and going on a show that wants a proposal. It all worked out in the long run for all three . JMO

I agree totally!

BTW, they made it to Iceland finally!
Thanks @sanlee088 for the update. AND, thanks to who ever posted this up thread.....something so positive. They look great and seems that they had a great time too.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgMeqwdDzq3/

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:05 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:offtopic offtopic offtopic

Just wondering, where can we discuss the finale? The threads for Arie's season are long gone and we can't mention Arie in Becca's threads or Becca in this thread. It's only been a week, so people might still have things to say.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:14 pm

grace8136 wrote:
Really it still makes no sense to me why he went with Becca. He had a great LCD with Lauren and she seemed to calm any fears/reservations he had.
Becca made it very clear she was ready to have children, something Arie wanted super bad himself. This may have clouded his judgement.

Lauren in turn wanted confirmation, and at one point told Arie she had thought about leaving, maybe hoping that would scare him into committing. Maybe it made him question whether she was fully invested in him. Had she paid attention to previous seasons she'd have known that's the worst thing you can do.

mindless wrote:Just wondering, where can we discuss the finale? The threads for Arie's season are long gone and we can't mention Arie in Becca's threads or Becca in this thread. It's only been a week, so people might still have things to say.
We're still finding out new information as well. And it's so much fun to.. deadhorse Praying

Last edited by rosefever on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:20 pm

Chancy wrote:Forgive me if this has already been discussed, I've just now got power back after 4 days, so haven't been able to keep up with the board. I read an interview with Arie and Lauren where they were asked about their wedding plans. They said they wanted a sunset wedding, with good lighting and lots of white flowers. When asked if any Bachelor Nation people will be attending, Lauren said yes and that Arie probably wanted to invite Bachelor people too.

Arie agreed and then said, "Tell Becca she's not invited" and they both laughed. I was finally coming around to warming up to them as a couple but thought it was just a mean comment. I'm sure she wouldn't even want to attend and it was just an uncalled for dig, to use her as the butt of his joke. And Lauren just laughed along with him. Tasteless and tone deaf IMO.

I think he meant Bekah but either way, it’s a mean thing to say and a mean couple to laugh at that comment. It’s probably Arie trying to appease Lauren. She must have seen the episode when he was more broken up when Bekah left. He sent her home because he would have been skewered as not serious if he would consider someone as young as Bekah for HTD. Didn’t we hear he wanted to have 5 hometowns?

It just goes to show Arie can’t handle it when he gets called out. IMO

Lucas15 wrote:
Hawaii Girl wrote:in fact, she remained composed and simply begged for him to leave so she could cry in private, but he couldn't even give her that and instead followed her around the house until she finally cried in front of him.

IMO if anyone actually watched that breakup scene closely they might see something different; I did just that earlier today and while they say this was unedited, there was at least one significant edit in it and it was heavily produced. That edit was when Arie left initially. The camera followed him down the front walk and then went black. Some seconds later the camera turned back on and he was already halfway back to the front door which was now open (he had closed it when he left seconds before). When he left the second time he did the same thing and the same camera followed him but this time you could see a black SUV parked in the street which was not there the previous time he left. The same camera followed him as he got into the SUV and was driven away. IMO the most likely explanation here is that he wasn't supposed to leave as soon as he did and they turned his camera off so they could tell him what to do and get him turned around and headed back off camera. Certainly the SUV wasn't there initially so he couldn't have left then no matter what - unless he was going to walk home.

IMO production sent Arie back in after he left the first time because they didn't have as much footage as they wanted (they likely wanted to film Becca crying). Arie blatantly looked over his shoulder on more than one occasion at "something / someone" that we couldn't see - IMO he was looking at a producer giving him signals about what he was supposed to do as most of the time he just looked uncertain of what he was supposed to do. Becca's crying in the bathroom was heard but never seen; she came out of the bathroom with nary a tear on her face nor a run in her mascara. It's possible we might have heard her crying but IMO it's also possible that was an edited in sound effect and not her at all. Since we didn't see it we can't be certain either way.
JMHO - at least in terms of my speculations. As to what I've described - less opinion and more just reporting what I actually saw.

Even if heavilyproduced, he’s a grown azz 36-year old man and most leads on the show said you can say NO. He could have stayed outside or walked home for all I care. He kept going back in there even if Becca had asked him to leave so many times. Arie is not the victim in this whole thing. IMO

Last edited by SarahD on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Arie trying to blame production for the chitty way he treated Becca was pathetic to me. Dude is pushing 40 and acts like a child. JMHO
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:35 pm

SarahD wrote:I think he meant Bekah but either way, it’s a mean thing to say and a mean couple to laugh at that comment.
Bekah took being nasty to a whole different level. **IMO**The Bachelor has a bullying problem, and I think TPTB encourage it, because a woman just cowers and takes the abuse (which can be edited out) or becomes a villain and lashes back (while editing out the nastiest comments from the bullies). And it's worth it because it gets the ratings up. **IMO**

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
rosefever wrote:IMO Becca could have handled it better. She also displayed (IMO) immaturity when she said Arie destroyed the magic of an unbroken first engagement, the Bachelor has like a 5% success rate? It wasn't a heat of the moment statement either, it was a very calculated attack on Arie. Meanwhile I don't think Arie has ever said anything bad about anyone.

I think that is a recycled line. IIRC Melissa said a very similar thing at the filmed breakup between her and Jason (maybe in the limo?). And if I remember the story correctly, shortly thereafter she was photographed at a birthday party with Tye Strickland whom she would later marry.
Actually I think it came up at the breakup itself where Melissa said to Jason about him taking from her the chance for a perfect first engagement. I think through the season 22, there were almost identical words used and so many similarities between S13 and S22. It's one of the several reasons I think that this was a planned replay of Jason's season. FWIW, Melissa was with Tye from teh time she got to Dallas onwards. He literally picked her up at the airport for pete's sake. all IMO

My appologies for getting off topic in a Lauren/Arie thread.......

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass