SELECT CONTENT

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

4 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 65 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 am

Lucas15 wrote:
littlereddress wrote:I saw this tweet from Catherine Lowe.  I wonder if her friendship with Arie is over or if she feels the show pushed in a way they shouldn't have.  She has to know a little more than the average public what went on with Arie.  

I think the latter;  I think Catherine is so done with reality TV.

After reading Amy Kaufman's book, DWTS, Celebrity Wife Swap and Marriage Boot Camp seem to have had nothing but a negative impact on their relationship. IMO Arie and Lauren would be well advised to skip any more reality TV appearances and opportunities and IMO a TV wedding is very questionable also.
I agree.   @Lucas15   
I think Catherine was referencing the show and her know of reality tv.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

4 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion  - Page 65 Empty Re: Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:00 am

proudmommy50810 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
sosleepy wrote:I think bottom line, Emily had some atrocious guys all around. I agree Jef is also off... but then I don’t personally think Arie is anything to write home about either. I think they are basically two peas in a pod. Add in Emily’s #4 Chris “retired” Bukowski, and only cheeseball Sean is really worth anything from that sad little lot. All my opinion of course. 

Ok, sorry... I fully realize this isn’t Emily’s thread and I’m off topic. I did love her season though and enjoyed both Jef and Arie at the time. You live and learn though. laugh out loud
IDK to me there is a huge difference about representing a business as being charitable and taking money from people(including members of this forum) under the ruse you are providing fresh water for those who don't have in 3rd world countries when in reality the only place that money is going is your own pockets. 
Just me of course.
Yes, the thread has been derailed, but in my eye there is absolutely no comparison. Lots of innocent people were bilked, including those needing water.

This is fact?
Do your own research and you can draw your own opinion. 
Yes, fans and members here donated money to people water. 
Yes, 1F and People Water represented themselves as providing wells for third world countries. Compare the monies collected etc with how many wells provided( I think it was 3 at the time).  
If you have other information or updates, I would love to be further educated. Maybe something good is being done for a good cause now that F is no longer associated with the cause.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:49 am

Am I in the wrong place again? I thought this was the Arie and Lauren thread, yet I keep seeing Becca's name. scratch
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:04 am

What do you mean? The question was if Arie was with fiancée #1, would opinion be as harsh as it is with fiancée #2, Lauren. I don’t think we can talk about Lauren and Arie without answering that piece of the question? Imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:27 am

Mommyof2 wrote:Am I in the wrong place again?  I thought this was the Arie and Lauren thread, yet I keep seeing Becca's name.  scratch

Because Arie keeps changing his story of how and he dumped Becca and when and how stuff happened with Lauren. IMO.

Becca is still part of Arie and Lauren’s story because Arie can’t seem to just tell the truth about everything. IMO.

IMO Arie could have avoided all of this by breaking up with Becca, then contacting Lauren. There would not be a need for a changing narrative. This is IMO Arie’s fault, not ours.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by North Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:28 am

With this season's dramatic ending, it is really difficult NOT to examine and reference Arie's relations w/ "original F1" as well as Lauren. It provides context and behavioral patterns - IMO. Are we allowed to talk abut Arie's FRC break-up w/Lauren or does that reference the "original F1" too?

TPTB sure did leave folks with lots to talk about! Bet they rubbing their hands in glee.

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 am

littlereddress wrote:I saw this tweet from Catherine Lowe.  I wonder if her friendship with Arie is over or if she feels the show pushed in a way they shouldn't have.  She has to know a little more than the average public what went on with Arie.  

I believe she was surprised at how low the show would go for ratings. Jmo.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:37 am

I can't post links yet, but Arie and Lauren are off to Barcelona.

instagram.com/p/BgVo_m2l0n4/

I think Arie is one of the funniest Bachelors, he definitely made me laugh joking around with Sean in the video that was posted in this topic earlier. Lauren appears to have gained quite a few Instagram followers, she passed 500K.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:39 am

rosefever wrote:I can't post links yet, but Arie and Lauren are off to Barcelona.

instagram.com/p/BgVo_m2l0n4/

I think Arie is one of the funniest Bachelors, he definitely made me laugh joking around with Sean in the video that was posted in this topic earlier. Lauren appears to have gained quite a few Instagram followers, she passed 500K.

Thanks for pointing that out, @rosefever. Lauren has more followers than Arie does right now. They are pretty close, but she is in the lead. laugh out loud. #ilovethat
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 am

North wrote:TPTB sure did leave folks with lots to talk about! Bet they rubbing their hands in glee.

Indeed, IMO, they are - and I think they were unusually clever in how they did it. I used to work for Proctor & Gamble and at first glance, people would look at "competing brands" (like Tide and Ivory) and say that it was dumb to compete with yourself. What those people never understood was "market segmentation" - P&G knew that some of the market only wanted a "natural" soap based product - like Ivory, and others only wanted a detergent based product - like Tide. And in between was a small segment that didn't care - they bought only on the basis of price. P&G catered to all segments by making both products and running price promotions on one or the other - but never both at the same time.

This season they similarly covered multiple bases. IMO viewers who always dreamed of the romance of having a lost love come back for them and sweep them off their feet got to see that happen on this past season. IMO those viewers who got cheated on and dumped and wanted the cad who dumped them to get his comeuppance also got what they were hoping to see. Those in between who just wanted drama - a train wreck worse than their own train wrecked relationships - got what they wanted. Very well played IMO - very well played.

JMHO

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by crunchette Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:13 pm

umngirl wrote:
Iluvbachette wrote:Why give someone a bad time about making money off the show. Who in the history of the Bachelor or Bachlorette hasn't. I say go for it. If some one wants to pay them so be it. Look at how many wrote books etc.. They have to make a living as well. To Arie and Lauren go have a blast enjoy your life.

The problem is Arie has said multiple times he’s above shilling and made fun of people who do it. Maybe he shouldn’t talk crap if he’s gonna take the same opportunities. JMO

Shaming contestants who shill after the show reminded me of this ET Online interview.  My interpretation was that Arie shamed Nick for having a failed engagement because Nick wasn't as open to the process as he was, and Arie's proof of his openness was telling two women that he loved them.  I don't follow that logic at all.  Was his heart more open or was he simply more willing to hurt two women?  Anyway, I kept reading and this part about Emily jumped out at me (bolding is mine):

"After going through this whole thing, I had a lot of respect for her, because I just understood how hard it was, and I could kind of see her side of things,"  he expressed, adding that she might have inspired him to break some rules during his season. "Ultimately, it's my life and my decision at the end, so there are some things that I had to bend the rules a little bit, to be able to get that clarity."

"[I have] no regrets," he continued. Luyendyk wouldn't reveal if he's engaged, saying, "It was difficult at times, but I think it is difficult for any Bachelor... [and] I think that things really played out wonderfully for me."

This interview was posted on Dec 18, two weeks before Arie supposedly contacted Lauren for the first time on New Year's Day.  So what was he referring to when he talked about bending some rules?  Was he only talking about telling two women he loved them?  If so, it would seem to me that he was lying when he said things "played out wonderfully" for him because at that point he already knew he was doubting his relationship with Becca due to lingering feelings for Lauren.

Or...was his "bending the rules" comment referring to breaking up with his F1 to be with his F2?  If this in the case, IMO, it hints that he was already in contact with Lauren in mid-Dec.  And since he felt things turned out wonderfully for him, he must have already known that Lauren was a sure bet in mid-Dec.

Sigh.  Why am I spending time on this guy?  duh

crunchette

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:03 pm

crunchette wrote:
umngirl wrote:
Iluvbachette wrote:Why give someone a bad time about making money off the show. Who in the history of the Bachelor or Bachlorette hasn't. I say go for it. If some one wants to pay them so be it. Look at how many wrote books etc.. They have to make a living as well. To Arie and Lauren go have a blast enjoy your life.

The problem is Arie has said multiple times he’s above shilling and made fun of people who do it. Maybe he shouldn’t talk crap if he’s gonna take the same opportunities. JMO

Shaming contestants who shill after the show reminded me of this ET Online interview.  My interpretation was that Arie shamed Nick for having a failed engagement because Nick wasn't as open to the process as he was, and Arie's proof of his openness was telling two women that he loved them.  I don't follow that logic at all.  Was his heart more open or was he simply more willing to hurt two women?  Anyway, I kept reading and this part about Emily jumped out at me (bolding is mine):

"After going through this whole thing, I had a lot of respect for her, because I just understood how hard it was, and I could kind of see her side of things,"  he expressed, adding that she might have inspired him to break some rules during his season. "Ultimately, it's my life and my decision at the end, so there are some things that I had to bend the rules a little bit, to be able to get that clarity."

"[I have] no regrets," he continued. Luyendyk wouldn't reveal if he's engaged, saying, "It was difficult at times, but I think it is difficult for any Bachelor... [and] I think that things really played out wonderfully for me."

This interview was posted on Dec 18, two weeks before Arie supposedly contacted Lauren for the first time on New Year's Day.  So what was he referring to when he talked about bending some rules?  Was he only talking about telling two women he loved them?  If so, it would seem to me that he was lying when he said things "played out wonderfully" for him because at that point he already knew he was doubting his relationship with Becca due to lingering feelings for Lauren.

Or...was his "bending the rules" comment referring to breaking up with his F1 to be with his F2?  If this in the case, IMO, it hints that he was already in contact with Lauren in mid-Dec.  And since he felt things turned out wonderfully for him, he must have already known that Lauren was a sure bet in mid-Dec.

Sigh.  Why am I spending time on this guy?  duh

Because all his lies are frustrating. IMO, Lauren and Arie were in contact after he first liked her picture on IG in December. But they would both show what sneaky liars they are if they admit it, so the faked NYE text crap. Conveniently done when they both knew she would be with bachelor nation witnesses. This is all my supposition, NOT Fact. It is also why I don’t see myself ever earning to them. I feel like they are build on a pile of lies. All JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 65 of 81 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 73 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Arie Luyendyk Jr - Lauren Burnham - Bachelor 22 - Discussion

+86
crunchette
proudmommy50810
LiboLRC
everglow
nikikass