SELECT CONTENT

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

8 - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Tue May 29, 2018 1:24 pm

I doubt G and B will ever say anything publicly. He probably doesn’t even strongly agree with those likes and memes, especially to defend it all in the media’s eye, just is callous and finds that type of stuff funny and “reasonable.”

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

8 - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Aria Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 pm

I didn't originally think they would comment, but the story is blowing up much more than I expected, with HuffPo, JustJared, MSN, and RS covering it and alum tweeting about it. Seems like it's going exactly the way Lee's tweets did (and for a lighter comparison, the way Peter's yearbook quote or Bryan's Player appearance)  exploded after originally being discovered. At this point, I think they will be asked by an interviewer at some point since Rachel was asked about all three of those things. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 29, 2018 2:24 pm

An 800 lb elephant in the room cant be ignored, imo. We have a whole season ahead of us to rehash this cluster fork, day in and day out for months. Past leads were raked over the coals for choices and behavior. I don’t see a superficial pass this season and imo this is a conflagration compared to past seasons.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mslat92 Tue May 29, 2018 2:36 pm

I think bigger outlets may pick up on it the closer we get to the finale. Becca and Garrett should address it now as to nip it in the bud, if she is serious about standing by him.
mslat92
mslat92

Female Posts : 526

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 29, 2018 2:46 pm

IMO there's nothing to address. Those are his likes, which IMO he must agree with them otherwise if he found them disgusting he wouldn't like nor follow the accounts.

I'm not sure what he's suppose to say at this point. Sorry I didn't mean to like all those posts so lets just carry on and pretend it didn't happen.

Reporters will ask the questions during interviews based on what viewers want to hear. IMO they will definitely get asked the tough questions, CH will be the first one during the ATFR IMHO.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Tue May 29, 2018 3:00 pm

IMO it's how he responds to those questions that will be most telling. Will he stand up and maturely take responsibility, or whine about questions being unfair, or push the blame elsewhere? His next step is extremely important on how all of this will shake out for himself and them as a couple.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue May 29, 2018 3:17 pm

I don’t think he will be asked until ATFR. Right now per most media outlets/interviews he is just one of 20 some odd men left. They don’t touch the spoilers. If there are questions it will be later in the season but even then I think it will vary by outlet if they ask. IMO some outlets due to their demographics wont want to touch this as they don’t want to alienate their viewers. All imo

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue May 29, 2018 3:23 pm

@Tiggerlgh Instyle just picked up the story and they actually did spoil that he won.

http://www.instyle.com/news/bachelorette-becca-front-runner-garrett-likes-sexist-racist-instagram-posts

I think he'll give a comment through US like Jordan did about Raya back in the day. I don't think he'll be able to wait 2.5 months, since more and more publications are running with it. I think we'll get "I apologize for my social media behavior which has rightfully offended and hurt many people. Although I had only seen them as humorous, political satire when I liked them, I can see that these were no laughing matter and these issues should not be taken lightly. I hope you'll all support me as I continue to grow and learn from my mistakes". IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue May 29, 2018 3:26 pm

Aria wrote:@Tiggerlgh Instyle just picked up the story and they actually did spoil that he won.

http://www.instyle.com/news/bachelorette-becca-front-runner-garrett-likes-sexist-racist-instagram-posts

I think he'll give a comment through US like Jordan did about Raya back in the day. I don't think he'll be able to wait 2.5 months, since more and more publications are running with it. I think we'll get "I apologize for my social media behavior which has rightfully offended and hurt many people. Although I had only seen them as humorous, political satire when I liked them, I can see that these were no laughing matter and these issues should not be taken lightly. I hope you'll all support me as I continue to grow and learn from my mistakes". IMO.

Those mags will spoil the winner I don’t see her in person interviews doing that at this point. I could be wrong

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue May 29, 2018 3:29 pm

@Tiggerlgh I don't know. I could see it going either way. Kaitlyn was asked "hey you have a SC that shows you picked Shawn!" and Rachel was asked "hey, so how's Bryan doing?" in interviews. Even if they don't specifically say that Garrett won, they can say "so, there's been some news about your first impression rose guy!". It's the same way they asked Rachel about Peter's yearbook quote and Bryan's Player appearance. I would be surprised if she's not asked anything at this point, just because the story is blowing up more than any of those two things did. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by teambigrach Tue May 29, 2018 3:35 pm

Since his mess is finally being spread by mainstream media, do we think that ABC/Garrett is going to make a statement soon? Past seasons show that we're gonna have to wait till the end.
But I really hope that they release a statement sooner rather then later. Because the posts he liked were just way too f*ed up.

teambigrach

Female Posts : 264

Back to top Go down

Post by North Tue May 29, 2018 4:05 pm

Aria wrote:@Tiggerlgh Instyle just picked up the story and they actually did spoil that he won.

This is exactly what I would expect him to say (or "coached" to say) but I really want someone to put Garrett on the spot and have him explain how any and all of his likes regarding children (ie: soldier throwing a child, the crisis actor conspiracy, mocking LGTBQ youth, etc...) are satire? Explain the humor. Explain how these images are representative of his belief system.

His defenders are saying that Garrett has a right to his beliefs (he does) and a right to free speech (he does) -- all I'm asking for is an explanation of his beliefs and how liking these images ties into that. I want conversation instead of immediate condemnation -- we aren't getting anywhere with labeling others and yelling and closing our minds. Both sides need to be receptive to differences and new ideas.

Can I just say AGAIN, how tired I am of hate masquerading as humor? But there is always hope... I mean who would've thought The Bachelor --- The Bachelor of all things!! --- might actually force this much-needed conversation?!

North

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 79 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 70 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+93
Imp
ishkabaha
Maya
Ayana
Cecilia