SELECT CONTENT

John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:39 pm

@sdmom you and me both. To me the show is getting worse and worse in cast treatment. I don't even care anymore "if they signed" up for it. 
It's like ok. I'm going on a diet and I know I might have to suffer a bit, but in reality I didn't realize you were going to dangle food in front of my face and then tape my mouth shut for a month.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:42 pm

sdmom wrote:Glad I am not the only one who hopes  him to be the next lead if things don’t work out with Becca.

But then, I always wonder why someone with good looks, good education and good personality would want to go on a show like this to get publicly scrutinized and humiliated?

Two things.

One...Many just want the adventure.

Two...Precisely because they are so smart they think that they can deal with it and can outsmart the producers....if they even think they need to. Foolish, foolish people.

Sometimes it is fun seeing some of them make idiots out of themselves, but generally, I find that if they are genuinely nice, descent people with a sense of humour about themselves, they come out OK and even do well from the show. Some of my favourites fall into that group....Chris L, Ashley, JP, Sean, Des, Jilly. Besides, just imagine this show with nothing but fame hos on it. I wouldn't be able to stomach it. It needs a balance.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:48 pm

Kashathediva wrote:@sdmom you and me both. To me the show is getting worse and worse in cast treatment. I don't even care anymore "if they signed" up for it. 
It's like ok. I'm going on a diet and I know I might have to suffer a bit, but in reality I didn't realize you were going to dangle food in front of my face and then tape my mouth shut for a month.

Sprite wrote:
sdmom wrote:Glad I am not the only one who hopes  him to be the next lead if things don’t work out with Becca.

But then, I always wonder why someone with good looks, good education and good personality would want to go on a show like this to get publicly scrutinized and humiliated?

Two things.

One...Many just want the adventure.

Two...Precisely because they are so smart they think that they can deal with it and can outsmart the producers....if they even think they need to. Foolish, foolish people.

Sometimes it is fun seeing some of them make idiots out of themselves, but generally, I find that if they are genuinely nice, descent people with a sense of humour about themselves, they come out OK and even do well from the show. Some of my favourites fall into that group....Chris L, Ashley, JP, Sean, Des, Jilly. Besides, just imagine this show with nothing but fame hos on it. I wouldn't be able to stomach it. It needs a balance.

I think they got lucky Rachel was on Nick’s season. IMO, she’s pretty, smart, has a career and a WOC! I know she’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but she does have a great resume. But the rating for her season wasn’t great.
Now we have John, he seems a great candidate for next lead on paper, a first (partially) Asian American! I wonder if he’s on TPTB’s radar and makes Becca takes him to at least f4?

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:17 pm

if it wasn't for that tweet, i would have never found him haha. imo, i think he is a cutie. hope he will make to HTD!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Well, you done good! John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 8 1176891977

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:06 pm

From what I know of so far, IMO he would make an awesome on-paper first visible minority Bachelor :yes: Cute, funny, Ivy League education - and he seems pretty charismatic on camera from the Kitchen Talk clips I’ve seen.

Honestly, I’m just glad an Asian guy has finally made it past Night One ... it’s a good first step!

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:50 am

I thought this bit about him was pretty cool. He volunteers for this program called "Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly" which helps relieve isolation and loneliness among the elderly. According to this public facebook post, he's been paired up with Leia and he has been teaching her how to use an iPad. She then surprised him with creating her own blog chronicling her journey. John also co-hosts in Leia's podcast, which I found pretty cute Smiley

I hope it's ok to post a picture that includes the lady as well. Both John's post and her blog is public.

John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion - Page 8 27748138_10200494908232634_7105993287245759785_o

So proud of Leia! Through Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly, I got paired with her last year to teach her iPad 101 on weekends. Yesterday, she surprised me & debuted her own blog, The Milkbean Chronicles, named after our fav cafe. Check it out! http://milkbeanblog.blogspot.com/2018/02/milkbean-chronicles-chapter-one.html

source: FB and Leia's blog
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kels0012 Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:06 am

Wow, his feed filled up fast. What did I miss? Is he still "in" according to sleuths? And the right guy? Go John! Normal and attractive. My two favorite qualities for the "ette."
Kels0012
Kels0012

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:06 am

I doubt that most cast going in knows what to expect, especially if they don't watch the show which seems to be a lot of them.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:54 am

@dee I thought the Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly thing was pretty cool, too! It does IMO show a caring side, which is always nice to see.

Actually, if Caila wasn’t happily in a relationship, I would kind of see her and John being a great match on paper laugh out loud IDK who else he might be good with in the franchise if it doesn’t work out with Becca ... maybe Jacqueline?

Last edited by TheWrongReasons on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:07 am

@TheWrongReasons laugh out loud laugh out loud My mind immediately went to Caila as well. Like Caila, I don't think I see him with any one in the franchise. I am selfishly hoping he doesn't "win", so we'll get the chance to see him more if he's the next bachelor. TPTB probably won't go in this direction as he seems fairly normal. But I think he's a breath of fresh air.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:22 am

@dee I’m kind of selfishly hoping the same laugh out loud Like I like Becca and it would be great if they connect, but NGL I would be even more excited to watch him as Bachelor or even in Paradise.

He’s just such a unicorn because literally no other Asian guy has gotten past Night One (and I’m hoping he’s still there as we speak just for my enjoyment as a viewer, whether it be production or Becca’s doing).

I agree he does seem like such a breath of fresh air :yes:
I may be biased but he’s definitely the contestant I’m most interested in right now Smiley

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

John Graham - Bachelorette 14 - Discussion

+37
sbolduc
stuckinsc
Norcalgal
cookielover12
Imp