SELECT CONTENT

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

teambecca - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by Minney Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 pm

It's also very common for baseball athletes to play juniors for 2 years which means two years of community college for whatever team they play for and then onto a 4 year college to complete the education. It's really not a conspiracy! deadhorse
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

teambecca - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 21 Empty Re: Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

Post by SFoster Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:37 pm

mjason wrote:Going to school for 5 years is pretty common for a variety of reasons. I'm guessing that he went to school for 5 years because he only played baseball 1 year at the community college, then 3 at UNR. Most athletes I went to college with were red shirted their freshman year and then stayed in school for 5 years to finish their degree and so they could play for all 4 years.

General studies degrees are rather common. Most people that have a general studies degree aren't just taking basic freshman level classes, rather, they are taking classes that fit a specific area of study that the college may not have a particular degree in. Where I went to school it can either be a BS or BA, with a few varying requirements.

Also, the site you linked for his academic history/baseball stats states that he was a community health sciences major, not general studies. Personally, I'm going to go by what his school states as his major, rather than "Reality TV World."

True, but keep in mind, UN posted this during his senior year, not after he graduated. Perhaps he didn't complete the major requirements by the end of the year. Whereas Reality TV World may be posting what he actually acquired. It's hard to say. Maybe we can find the graduation program from 2012, although they usually don't go back that far. Can you check LinkedIn also? That's pretty factual I would think.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:38 pm

As it states, he only played one year of baseball at the community college. Did he attend UN on a baseball scholarship? I couldn't find that info.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Oh, boy, here we go again!

5 years of college! So did my husband! Now he’s VP at his company!

Community college! In California, plenty of people attend community college then transfer to UC, including UCLA,Berkeley. My son’s roommate at UCB is a community college transfer as well. So what’s the deal?

Also, the article mentioned: Garrett graduated from the University of Nevada with a degree in General Studies. He also dual minored in Health Science and Communications.
Read more at https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/garrett-yrigoyen----9-things-know-about-becca-kufrin-the-bachelorette-bachelor--24186.php#7ejWWFKUhB3t4XkC.99

Wow, he has two degrees! How many does Blake have? - sorry, it’s sarcasm. It really doesn’t matter to me who has what degree. from which school. I wish the best for Garrett, Blake, Jason and Colton. They all have their weakness and strengths. I wish the bachelorette experiences will help them become better human beings and find their eternal happiness and blessings (and I am serious here, not snarking or joking).

All Jmo.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Kashathediva wrote:That other thread was locked by me because the simple rules we have on this forum could not be abided.
After editing posts and editing posts quoting posts that had been edited, it seemed best from a moderator’s POV to lock. Smiley

Thanks, Kasha! I thought maybe it was because we are moving into episode 10 tonight.

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by harts05 Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:43 pm

sdmom wrote:Oh, boy, here we go again!

Community college! In California, plenty of people attend community college then transfer to UC, including UCLA,Berkeley. My son’s roommate at UCB is a community college transfer as well. So what’s the deal?

Also, the article mentioned: Garrett graduated from the University of Nevada with a degree in General Studies. He also dual minored in Health Science and Communications.
Read more at https://www.realitytvworld.com/news/garrett-yrigoyen----9-things-know-about-becca-kufrin-the-bachelorette-bachelor--24186.php#7ejWWFKUhB3t4XkC.99

Wow, he has two degrees! How many does Blake have? - sorry, it’s sarcasm. It really doesn’t matter to me who has what degree. from which school. I wish the best for Garrett, Blake, Jason and Colton. They all have their weakness and strengths. I wish the bachelorette experiences will help them become better human beings and find their eternal happiness and blessings (and I am serious here, not snarking or joking).

All Jmo.

clapping! :yes:

harts05

Back to top Go down

Post by SFoster Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:44 pm

sdmom wrote:Oh, boy, here we go again!

All Jmo.

Blake has bachelors in Marketing and Communications. Garrett has two minors, not majors. Wonder what Blake's minor is?

SFoster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:45 pm

SFoster wrote:As it states, he only played one year of baseball at the community college. Did he attend UN on a baseball scholarship? I couldn't find that info.

To play sports in college with or without a scholarship, a certain grade level and a required hours of classes must be maintained.  If you don't take at least the minimum # of required hours, you may not be on the team. And, to stay on the team, you need to maintain a minimum grade level.

All of these guys on this season that played sports in college deserve a lot of credit. It isn't always easy to juggle the school work and the sports.

teambecca - Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2 - Page 21 1646190589

Back to top Go down

Post by mjason Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:49 pm

SFoster wrote:
mjason wrote:Going to school for 5 years is pretty common for a variety of reasons. I'm guessing that he went to school for 5 years because he only played baseball 1 year at the community college, then 3 at UNR. Most athletes I went to college with were red shirted their freshman year and then stayed in school for 5 years to finish their degree and so they could play for all 4 years.

General studies degrees are rather common. Most people that have a general studies degree aren't just taking basic freshman level classes, rather, they are taking classes that fit a specific area of study that the college may not have a particular degree in. Where I went to school it can either be a BS or BA, with a few varying requirements.

Also, the site you linked for his academic history/baseball stats states that he was a community health sciences major, not general studies. Personally, I'm going to go by what his school states as his major, rather than "Reality TV World."

True, but keep in mind, UN posted this during his senior year, not after he graduated. Perhaps he didn't complete the major requirements by the end of the year. Whereas Reality TV World may be posting what he actually acquired.  It's hard to say. Maybe we can find the graduation program from 2012, although they usually don't go back that far. Can you check LinkedIn also?  That's pretty factual I would think.

I'm just going to assume that he didn't just give up and not complete his degree requirements in his final year of school. I don't care enough to dig for that kind of stuff.
mjason
mjason

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:37 pm

SFoster wrote:
sdmom wrote:~snipped

All Jmo.

Blake has bachelors in Marketing and Communications.  Garrett has two minors, not majors. Wonder what Blake's minor is?
It's my hope that ignorant Garrett manages to become a better human being as well. Clearly Yg didn't major in Communications, given his challenges with oral communication as shown on the Bachelorette and in his wedding video, in addition to his struggles with effective SM communication IMO.

Evidently Yg didn't intend to become a part of his family's "agricultural business" - aka farm - and hoped for a pro baseball career IMO. Baseball players attend JUCO when they aren't drafted by an MLB team from high school or don't get the nod from a D1 college program. No shame; Yg just wasn't good enough. 

Yg has seemingly always been the "big fish in a small pond" kind of guy, IMO. He failed to land a MLB job and then he failed at his first marriage, but kudos to him for persevering and landing the Becca's boy role. Just let her continue to do the talking for ya, big guy. (Mostly facts with a few opinions.)

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:44 pm

This isn’t a fan thread .... snarking on him is acceptable ... snarking on posters ...not so much ....

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:54 pm

But disagreeing with a post is acceptable, right?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 29 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Garrett Yrigoyen - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #2

+66
Just Looking
CHO
Minney
XQZME
harts05