SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 63 of 73 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by bachfan218 Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:23 pm

Here's my 2 cents on this entire season.... I had high hopes for Becca at the beginning of all of this although I found her to be a bit boring. However, something changed during the finale. She seemed so cold toward Blake and I couldn't understand why. Then, she seemed overly excited at AFTR, almost like she was overcompensating or trying to cover up her nerves. I can care less for Garrett, apart from the disgusting Instagram posts that he supported, he just seems like an airhead and a bit unstable. I don't like the engagement ring at all, and I don't see this relationship lasting very long but if it does, more power to them! I do hope she doesn't regret her decision.

Also I think Rachel's Us Weekly post was self-serving but I understood 100% where she was coming from because I had the same reaction when I was watching live last night. She by far had the most difficult ATFR IMO and she nor Bryan deserved that. It may not seem like a big deal but IMO she was robbed of walking out on stage with her F1 making their debut as a couple to Bachelor Nation. Not sure if ABC will give her the wedding she wants although they do owe it to her IMHO.
bachfan218
bachfan218

Female Posts : 145

Back to top Go down

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 Empty Re: Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Aria wrote:
Stone_Hedge wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:@bluwavz interesting read. In particular I enjoyed this quote:
Yep, according to ratings about one million viewers less than Rachel’s season. I guess the love story doesn’t matter that much .

Maybe it was the landmark decision to cast Rach as the Bette.   First African American Bachelorette. So those extra viewers could have come out of that community. I didn’t watch her season but as I stated yesterday, I have a lot of African American friends and they did. Whatever though because per Rachel, that extra mil didn’t see her love story and the 1 mil less for Becca did. Jmo

Rachel's season actually dropped quite a bit in ratings. Jojo/Kaitlyn both had a 1.97 demo/~6.8 million viewers. Rachel, in comparison, had a 1.58 demo and ~5.892 million viewers. And demo is way more important than viewers. Becca's is just that following that downward trend, as Rachel, Arie, and now Becca, all had the lowest rated seasons at their times. I don't think it has anything to do with the lead, more so just a new standard for the show.

IMO.

Here are recent stats comparing this summer season to last summer.
Lnk

1.42 or down in the 18-42 demo by 9.99%
5.720 million viewers or down by 2.92%.
This is compared to last season.
IMO fairly significant.
Last night’s three hour show drew in roughly one million less viewers than the FRC a year ago.
Link
The Bachelorette” was, however, down from the 2.1 and 7.57 million viewers that last year’s finale and “After the Final Rose” special had scored.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:54 pm

nannymargie wrote:I wish I knew how to get a message to Becca.  My husband was also a loud snorer.  We got a wedge pillow that elevates his head and he has never snored since.

I pillow placed over the head works good too giggling

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:54 pm

Let me begin by saying that I am not a big fan of Garrett's as his facial expressions/tics would drive me nuts. Also can't condone his likes. However, I look at him as compared to someone who broke the law, went to prison, did his time and apologized/said he was trying to be a better man. Becca "forgave" him and I would hope that others would follow suit or at least not continue to beat, what to my mind, is a dead horse. I hope, with Becca's help, that he will indeed change and work toward improving himself.

I do realize that the above will be a very unpopular viewpoint but I believe in forgiveness and if we don't learn from our mistakes then we are doomed to repeat them. In no way do I support his likes but I do wish both of them the chance to grow in wisdom and happiness with each other.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Aria wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Rachel's recap: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rachel-lindsays-the-bachelorette-recap-becca-got-her-happy-ending/

Never underestimate a Bachelor contestant's ability to make someone else's journey completely about themselves. 

And, I'm sorry...but if the show was so freaking terrible to you, why are you still desperately begging for a TV wedding? Do you really think that the show that made you look like you settled for your second choice on the ' ette or the one that made you look like you were jealous about Dean/Lesley on WG is going to give you a perfect TV wedding? 

And I like Rach! But, this Kaitlyn-like need of hers to simultaneously hate on the show and also desperately want to be a part of it is really frustrating. Either pull a Sean Lowe or pull a Juan Pablo. The in-betweens are the worst. IMO.

(For the record, I don't think Becca got a much better love story, as everyone today is talking about how mean she was to Blake or how Garrett is stupid. The leads always get hate on after their finale. IMO)

Omg. I try to like Rachel, I really do. But I just can’t. Holy entitled, self centered, bat man. Bitter and resentful much? My goodness. Kaitlyn 2.0, for sure. Who cares if you perceive Becca got the happier ending? (Debatable). In real life, and in theory, Rachel has a legitimate life partner from this show, which is more than the vast majority. If the show was that terrible to you, Big Rach, maybe you should plan your own wedding. When golden couple of the century got Consumation Station, after all... they aren’t above throwing anyone under the bus for ratings.

Seriously, Rachel, president of the bitter club needs to take a seat. No one even cares or remembers that much anymore. We’ve all moved on, just like we are already moving on from Becca. And so it goes...
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm

ReneeM wrote:
Aria wrote:
bluwavz wrote:Rachel's recap: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rachel-lindsays-the-bachelorette-recap-becca-got-her-happy-ending/

Never underestimate a Bachelor contestant's ability to make someone else's journey completely about themselves. 

And, I'm sorry...but if the show was so freaking terrible to you, why are you still desperately begging for a TV wedding? Do you really think that the show that made you look like you settled for your second choice on the ' ette or the one that made you look like you were jealous about Dean/Lesley on WG is going to give you a perfect TV wedding? 

And I like Rach! But, this Kaitlyn-like need of hers to simultaneously hate on the show and also desperately want to be a part of it is really frustrating. Either pull a Sean Lowe or pull a Juan Pablo. The in-betweens are the worst. IMO.

(For the record, I don't think Becca got a much better love story, as everyone today is talking about how mean she was to Blake or how Garrett is stupid. The leads always get hate on after their finale. IMO)
K I respect it though. It's whiny and self serving but it's real and it's the truth and it's exactly what went through my mind last night. When I see how the show gave Garrett the most spectacularly flawless edit I've ever seen, and how they made sure he was never painted in a negative light, how smooth her ATFR went, how Becca & Garrett's response to the controversy seem extremely well scripted and coordinated with the show, and just how all out everyone involved went to protect Becca and Garrett both as individuals and a couple. I couldn't help but think back to the position they put Rachel in last season and wonder how she felt watching them treat someone like Garrett, better than they ever treated Bryan. I don't have to be a fan to see how effed up that is.

Hmmm... I do see your point too.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by FMG2015 Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:01 pm

I know the lead would probably never say if they didn't like the ring but Becca has stated today that she loves gold. The bracelet she's been wearing since May is gold... the rings she wears are gold. Pretty sure she atleast loves the metal choice. Garrett has also said that the diamonds are crown cut and he thinks of Becca as his queen.

Hasn't there been speculation before about leads dropping hints on the type of ring they want? JoJo comes to mind with Jordan for some reason.

FMG2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:09 pm

At this point in the lengthy relationship between tptb and Neil Lane, I believe the 'ette probably has an informal sit down with Lane to go over their tastes - maybe even with the top 2 during the bach seasons. Why wouldn't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsySarah Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:24 pm

What I learned this season is no matter what Garrett has done, those who truly know him, like him. That was evident all around and it is good enough for me. CH could’ve had a field day with him, but chose not to. I don’t make derogatory comments on my perceptions of speech patterns, tics, intelligence or someone’s beliefs. I watch the show for the show. As with any couples that come out of this and with my own feelings aside, I wish them the best.
GypsySarah
GypsySarah

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:56 pm

GypsySarah wrote:What I learned this season is no matter what Garrett has done, those who truly know him, like him.  That was evident all around and it is good enough for me. CH could’ve had a field day with him, but chose not to. I don’t make derogatory comments on my perceptions of speech patterns, tics, intelligence or someone’s beliefs. I watch the show for the show.  As with any couples that come out of this and with my own feelings aside, I wish them the best.

IMHO ... CH didn’t have a “field day” with the SM situation ... not because he liked Garrett and /or Becca ...
( They don’t give a flying fig about the lead and their F1) ... but because they want this season to die and don’t want to stir up any more sh!t as they don’t want anything this season’s contestants (Garrett, Lincoln, Leo) to be blamed on them. Thy let Garrett give a statement .. Becca endorsed it ..
And then they were given a ticket to leave the country giggling rofl hehehe

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm

Stone_Hedge wrote:
FLChica wrote:
Stone_Hedge wrote:
Blake chose his ring based on design and G on the meaning. 
Gross Garrett didn't know the meaning of the three stones until Neil Lane told him. cantstopl

Isn’t that how it goes for any designer ? Neil made that ring with Becca in mind regarding everything she went through and wanted something different. How would G know that? Without that ring, he might have gone with traditional. Jmo
Actually, Neil Lane has been making the "three stone ring" for many years and they are sold in most of the shopping mall jewelry stores that carry his rings. This wasn't a stroke of creative genius inspired by the uber original story of GG and Becca. 

Many of the jewelry companies that advertise on TV and/or print ads have explained the meaning of the three stone ring - for years. But it's awesome that GG can regurgitate info on the ring.  🐒

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:17 pm

The thing with Rachel's article is, Becca's season was inherently boring. All the drama took place off the show. Idk how they could show Garrett too negatively if he was seemingly well liked, and everyone counts him as one of the more genuine contestants. Bryan had a completely different edit, even her own family had doubts. And Becca did go through some sh*t, only hers was last season. Imagine compounding an already brutal post finale last season with something dramatic and brutal again? Wasn't gonna happen. Rachel had a flawless transition into Bachelorette, Becca did not. Hard to compare. I agree with having to watch her finale live, though. That was messed up.

thebachelorettefinale - Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 63 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 63 of 73 Previous  1 ... 33 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 68 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 14 - Becca Kufrin - Episode 11 - Aug 6th FRC - ATFR - #2 *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+78
timfan
Amethyst
Relalou
tiger
Lievta
Purplepat
Scooby
GypsySarah
bachfan218
FLChica
bluwavz