SELECT CONTENT

Health - Discussion

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Health - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Health - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:58 pm

GuardianAngel I haven't had it myself but my father and several other people I know have. As you suggest it is often food related. Coffee and alcohol...particularly wine can also bring it on along with stress. Spicy foods, wind, sunlight and extreme temperatures can also be triggers.

Good luck. I hope you can get it under control.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:39 pm

I know people who have it but not any tips, @GuardianAngel. I did see this site which seems to be pretty good 8 tips to prevent Rocaea Flare-ups

My issue right now is plantar fasciitis. It's not horrible but I'm having trouble figuring out what shoes work best for me. I have some great slippers to wear around the house but we have a trip to Disney World with the family in September and I know I'll be on my feet a ton. I find that other people's recommendations aren't all that helpful for me. I don't do well in sneakers in the heat so am bringing some along with sandals to switch to. I've always been lucky with my feet in the past so this is eye opening for me.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:55 pm

@albean99 My friend has that. She had to be off of work for a few weeks since it was so bad. She worked with her doctor and was given several exercises to do to help with recovery.

This article has some shoe suggestions.

https://www.healthline.com/health/best-shoes-for-plantar-fasciitis#sandals

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:52 pm

@albean99 Ugh - I had plantar fasciitis years ago and it seemed like ages before my foot felt like I could walk without pain.

Check out Vionic shoes - they are highly recommended by podiatrists and people with plantar fasciitis.

And GA - sorry to hear about your rosacea.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5309

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:17 pm

@Sprite @albean99 thanks for the links. I never thought of the sun, not that I'm in the sun a lot but you never know.

@albean99 I had trouble a few years ago with the ball of my foot. Horrible experience. Someone told me to try Crocs. Because they're so ugly, Smiley I bought a pair just to wear in the house. It made a world of difference. I bought another pair to go on my walks because at the time I just couldn't wear any shoe or sandal. I've since bought normal looking sandals by Crocs. They really helped me.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Thanks for all the tips! I don't think that Vionics work for me. I bought an expensive pair of slippers that people raved about and they caused extreme pain, even after a while. I do have a pair of the Croc sandals that I like but not sure if they're good for walking around the parks yet.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:45 pm

albean99 wrote:Thanks for all the tips! I don't think that Vionics work for me. I bought an expensive pair of slippers that people raved about and they caused extreme pain, even after a while. I do have a pair of the Croc sandals that I like but not sure if they're good for walking around the parks yet.

I also suffered from plantar's fasciitis a few years ago and underwent physio and exercises (which helped over time). I was recommended sandals from the Healing Sole, which definitely provided relief. I still use them at home and would recommend giving them a try. It did take me a couple of weeks to adapt but they do provide relief.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:23 pm

Update on Rosacea

After trying everything I could think of and eliminating the foods that caused it 10 yrs ago I was still a mess. Some days so worse than others. Red and burning so bad I often had to put a cold cloth on my face. None of the creams I spent a fortune on worked. After googling to death everyday constantly, I came across a site that said for those who find it difficult to figure out the trigger foods (me because it didn't matter what I ate) there are those who are histamine intolerance.

There are a ton of foods with histamine, a lot of which I was eating. I started Monday sticking to only foods with low histamine and foods that do not release histamine, omg so hard because I eat all of it. Most fruits, citrus foods, balsamic vinegar, any vinegar no condiments, and on and on plus the original trigger foods strawberries watermelon cherries tomatoes and grapes.

Today I'm down 5 pounds and almost cleared up. I'm petrified of screwing it up. I will continue for at least 4 weeks, it's called elimination diet. After 4-5 weeks then you can reintroduce foods one at a time.

@albean99 did you find relief for your foot?

@Relalou wow I love that site. Very cool sandals.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:08 pm

That is great news @GuardianAngel. It must be torture cutting out so many of your favourite foods.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:57 am

That's great, @GuardianAngel! I'm sure it's tough but worth doing. I was at happy hour with a friend who has it and she reacted to spicy foods. She wasn't expecting what she ordered to be so spicy. I can't remember if wine is a trigger but she had that also.

My foot is no better but no worse. I got some sandals that seem to help and don't trigger pain when walking. They're Skechers Reggae and I liked them so much I got a navy pair from DSW. Link I just got a pair of flip flops that a friend said her podiatrist recommended and they work great for her. They're very comfortable but just got them yesterday. Link

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:14 pm

I have elevated calcium in blood for years. Most people who have this condition is because of parathyroid dysfunction but mine is normal.

The second most common cause for elevated calcium is cancer, I had chest x Ray (twice within three days! After the first time, they called to say they needed to check again because they were not sure what the shadow was. I was worried because my non-smoking mom has lung cancer. Thank God it’s only a blood vessel.) They checked some kind of hormone/protein level which is also normal. So my primary doctor referred me to an endocrinologist. His next available appointment is end of October! And a video visit! Oh well, at least I don’t have any symptoms so I can wait.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:43 pm

@albean99 Glad you found some sandals. They look super comfy. Hopefully you'll be fine in September for your trip without any discomfort. Yes spicy food is a huge trigger. I cut it out 10 yrs ago when I first had symptoms, but then after awhile I just didn't enjoy spicy anymore. Red wine is defiantly a trigger too.

@sdmom scary stuff. It's best to get checked out but I'm glad there aren't any symptoms. I'm sorry to hear of your Mom's health challenges. Health - Discussion - Page 2 3552228123

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down