SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:09 am

Agent99 wrote:Sleuth away....Matt Agnew

https://au.linkedin.com/in/matthewtagnew

OMG he's a PhD doctor not a med doctor and I'm a massive space science nerd.  I'M DYING.  :girlfan

Copying before it gets made private.  He's a Melbourne boy. Outstanding job, @Agent99!

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 MUVF0LB

Summary

I am a PhD candidate at the Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing at Swinburne University of Technology. The core goal of my astrophysics research is to use numerical techniques to search for dynamically stable planet candidates in the habitable zones of all known multiple planet systems.

I have previously worked as a Mechanical Engineer and have three years experience in the oil and gas industry on various onshore and offshore projects including the WA Oil Barrow Island Asset, the Pluto Liquefied Natural Gas Project and the Bayu-Undan offshore facility. I have worked in both the mechanical and piping disciplines as well as in the field as a construction and facilities engineer.

I am self-motivated, enthusiastic and energetic. I enjoy thinking up creative ideas and solutions to problems and collaborating with others to advance and evolve ideas. I have constantly strived to develop my communication skills. From my superiors and colleagues to vendors, contractors and clients, I have had no difficulty in establishing positive relationships and communicating effectively.

Experience

Image for Research Scientist
Research Scientist
Swinburne University of Technology
September 2015 – Present 3 years 7 months
Melbourne, Australia
• Carried out high resolution, numerical simulations of planetary systems.
• Published research findings in astronomy and astrophysics journals (Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society).
• Developed scripts to manipulate, manage, and interpret large binary data files.
• Developed scripts to visualise data and highlight scientific insights.
• Presented technical presentations at national and international conferences.

Facilities Engineer
Chevron
October 2011 – June 2012 9 months
WA Oil Asset - Barrow Island, Western Australia
• Managed contractors on site by investigating, troubleshooting and addressing on-site technical queries.
• Oversaw the construction of the Water Flood 8 earthworks and civil works.
• Maintained accurate material tracking through liaison with contractors and on-site inspections.
• Led the design, fabrication and testing of a road re-conditioning apparatus.
• Supervised maintenance works and ensured appropriate occupational health and safety procedures were followed.

WorleyParsons
1 year 5 months
Construction Engineer
October 2010 – June 2011 9 months
Pluto Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Project - Karratha, Western Australia
• Managed contractors by responding to Site & Field Engineering Queries, writing Contract Directions and day-to-day correspondence and supervision of activities.
• Inspected mechanical and structural elements on the plant with the client to identify areas requiring modification or repair.
• Regularly inspected the safety of work areas and contractor activities by completing and participating in Stepback 5x5s and HAZOBs.
• Completed documentation to minimise hazards and ensure no incidents on site by participating in Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and becoming familiar with Permit to Work procedures.

Piping Engineer
February 2010 – October 2010 9 months
North Rankin Redevelopment (NR2) - Perth, Western Australia
• Liaised with discipline lead engineers and designers to ensure successful change management.
• Liaised with package engineers and various supply chain personnel to ensure efficient package close out.
• Compiled and maintained Lessons Learnt Register.
• Familiarised with piping standards and fundamentals of the piping discipline.
• Performed bolt and spool stress calculations.
• Assembled and produced datasheets.
Education

Image for Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne University of Technology
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Astrophysics
2015 – 2018
Image for Lund University
Lund University
Master of Science (MS), Astrophysics
2013 – 2015
Image for The University of Western Australia
The University of Western Australia
Bachelor of Engineering (BEng), Mechanical, Honours
2005 – 2009
Image for The University of Western Australia
The University of Western Australia
Bachelor of Science (BS), Applied Mathematics Major, Computer Science Minor
2005 – 2009

Volunteering Experience

Volunteer
TECHO
March 2013 – June 2013 4 months
Children

Skills & Endorsements

Courses
Chifley Business School - Document Writing Essentials
Chifley Business School - Manage Yourself
Chifley Business School - Presenting for Success
WA Skills Training – RIIOHS202A Enter and work in confined spaces
WA Skills Training – RIIOHS204A Work safely at heights
rogenSi - Effective Presentation Skills

Languages
English
Native or bilingual proficiency
Español
Limited working proficiency
German
Elementary proficiency

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LeapofFaith Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:12 am

Damn well done @agent99 !!!! This guy seems to good to be true :fanningfan
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:13 am

@Bobette He is a bit of a departure from last year's bach laugh out loud  I can't claim credit for the discover - he was named in a FB group I am in.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:17 am

I'm still awarding you the credit @Agent99 so just take it.  laugh out loud. More on Matt:

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/staff/magnew.html

He lectures on whether or not Aliens fart.  Seriously think I might be in love

https://www.facebook.com/cityofmelbourne/videos/have-you-ever-wondered-whether-aliens-fart-matt-agnew-may-have-the-answer-get-yo/1581409921882237/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mattyagnew?protected_redirect=true

Ironically, I've got to go help my kid with his science homework.  Someone find his IG please!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:22 am

I am not sure he is the one.

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Emayem Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:38 am

Not sure how to post a picture.. but in the comments on the Bachelor facebook post, someone has posted a screenshot of an article about him being named bachelor with a bit of background info on him. I've searched the heading on google and can't find the news source though.

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:44 am

It looks like him to me @Enough and the Doctor bit checks out, though I have no idea why he'd go with "Stephen" and not Matt.  A nod to Stephen Hawking perhaps???

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 WyYCaOx

Source

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 LGn8IeZ

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Szk1EMY

Source

This is what he sounds like: http://radioadelaide.org.au/2017/09/27/is-australia-ready-for-a-space-agency/

Source

Last edited by Bobette on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Emayem Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 am

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 Fb_img10

Source: Facebook.com/The Bachelor Australia

Emayem

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:52 am

Well done everyone. That's The Bachelor!

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 am

Nice work everyone.  "Stephen" is beyond my wildest hopes.  Never did I think my academic nerdiness and love of trash TV would come together in such a glorious an unexpected way.  TPTB, I tip my hat to you.  Looking forward to this season so much now.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 pm

Oh, I’m in. Love it. Looking forward to it for a change. I hope he has some nice girls
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:10 pm

A hot sexy nerd! I'm SOLD!  Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 15 1f60d I think this is a great choice and can't wait to learn more about him. Hopefully they cast him some high caliber women!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 80 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Matt Agnew - Season 7 - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+32
sprout
SpoilerAlert
notarose
NancyDrew
Mommyof2