SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood - Episode Feb 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

usa - Colton Underwood - Episode Feb 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Feb 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by nd4reality Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 pm

IMO the issue is Colton. I cannot remember a lead encouraging the BTS convos between the girls as much as he does.
@blueblues kudos for coining the phrase informer culture. Totally apt.

IMO this could be his downfall.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

usa - Colton Underwood - Episode Feb 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Colton Underwood - Episode Feb 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by blueblues Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:00 pm

notarose wrote:
blueblues wrote:
timfan wrote:I wonder why she is  calling kirpa a idiot
Well Kirpa found it necessary to tell Colton that Katie told Kirpa that she overheard Cassie and Caelynn talk about becoming bachelorette. dizzy

So “idiot” is a strong word, but Kirpa running her mouth to Colton is not helping him like she claims, only confusing him – since Katie isn’t around to clarify things.

He brought it on himself though, by encouraging this informer culture among the women.
(There is a video in the article.)

All JMO of course.

Katie being gone is a problem. The same thing happened with Nicole after Elyse was gone. 
:yes:  Informer culture is a great term and definitely applies to this season.
Those cases are very similar. Both Elyse and Katie were in a bad place at the time, and inclined to misinterpret what they were hearing. In the first case, Tayshia was able to give a more balanced view.

Sharleen shared some insight on this, based on her own experience.
“The Onyeka versus Nicole fight in particular shines a light on something I remember well during filming: how little trust there is among the women and how quickly something—no matter how innocent—can spread like wildfire.”

“Key words like ‘boyfriend’ or ‘ex-boyfriend’, confessing to not feeling the ‘right’ feelings, and even discussing something as benign and ambiguous as ‘seizing opportunities’ can all be twisted in this game of Wrong Reasons Telephone.”

“Last night really brought back my PTSD in that department. Onyeka told Colton that Elyse told Onyeka that Nicole told Elyse that Nicole saw this show as her way of getting out of Miami.”
https://www.flare.com/bachelor/the-bachelor-season-23-episode-5-review/

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm

nd4reality wrote:IMO the issue is Colton. I cannot remember a lead encouraging the BTS convos between the girls as much as he does.

It could also be producer driven . I know the leads always say " oh it's so real, no-one forces you to say this or that, I did things "my way" . but bottom line is they will tow the line and put out certain aspects of the show the way the producers want the story to be read. jmho
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 pm

Jolena wrote:
nd4reality wrote:IMO the issue is Colton. I cannot remember a lead encouraging the BTS convos between the girls as much as he does.

It could also be producer driven . I know the leads always say " oh it's so real, no-one forces you to say this or that, I did things "my way" . but bottom line is they will tow the line and put out certain aspects of the show the way the producers want the story to be read. jmho

The reason why I don’t feel it is producer driven is because before Colton was Bach he was “reactive” on twitter. That’s a personality trait. I think he continues to be reactive in informer situations so basically he is consistent. It’s typical for people who are emotionally driven to jump to conclusions based on heresay - how quick depends on degree of emotionally driven - vs analytic types who ask questions to dig deeper before forming an opinion. 
JMO

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:34 pm

notarose wrote:
Jolena wrote:

The reason why I don’t feel it is producer driven is because before Colton was Bach he was “reactive” on twitter. That’s a personality trait. I think he continues to be reactive in informer situations so basically he is consistent. It’s typical for people who are emotionally driven to jump to conclusions based on heresay - how quick depends on degree of emotionally driven - vs analytic types who ask questions to dig deeper before forming an opinion. 
JMO
I can see what your saying and maybe this particular incident isn't producer driven. (although alot of what we see usually is) I see a little of both here. I see Colton reacting quick out of fear that what they are saying could be true but also wanting to ask questions and dig deeper to find out if the girls are all being honest with him. jmo
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4296

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Oh thanks, that means a lot since I’m sometimes struggling with my English. Smiley
-------------------
I believe these conflicts are always producer driven to some extent when I comes to the contestants, and if a lead is vulnerable they will surely exploit that too.
notarose wrote:The reason why I don’t feel it is producer driven is because before Colton was Bach he was “reactive” on twitter. That’s a personality trait. I think he continues to be reactive in informer situations so basically he is consistent. It’s typical for people who are emotionally driven to jump to conclusions based on heresay - how quick depends on degree of emotionally driven - vs analytic types who ask questions to dig deeper before forming an opinion. JMO
That’s an interesting observation. He is emotional for sure, but also just young.
In general, I think the more experienced leads like Nick, Arie or even JPG were less inclined to let the contestants’ conflicts affect them, while Ben at one time allowed a secondary contestant to get between him and his frontrunner, just like Colton is might be doing now.
JMO

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 pm

I think my issue with Colton is that this not just a one off but a very strong trend and it appears that he just "may" end up in a pickle at the end because he is buying into the whispers instead of allowing the relationships & motives to unfold for himself.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie2 Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:03 pm

This lead are cast just like the contestants. They know Colton’s insecurities and issues. TPTB use all of this to weave their story .
Colton’s story is about him being a virgin, but it’s also about his fear of being left by the woman he loves.This has been the theme all season and it will end with Cassie leaving because he thinks she is not ready to be engaged.His worst fear will be realized.
Every season the leads “worst fears” are realized to some conclusion. This is no different.
And Most of the awkward moments are producer driven to move their story along.
It’s mind games to create fake drama.
Would Colton have really approached the two girls arguing and listened without the encouragement of a producer.
Nah.

Last edited by Goldie2 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:39 pm

Goldie2 wrote:This lead are cast just like the contestants. They know Colton’s insecurities and issues. TPTB use all of this to weave their story .
Colton’s story is about him being a virgin, but it’s also about his fear
of being left by the woman he loves. This has been a theme all season and it will end with Cassie leaving. His worst fear realized.
Most of the awkward moments are producer/ story driven.
It’s mind games to create drama which is the shoes bread and butter.
Would Colton have really approached the two girls arguing and listened without the encouragement of a producer.
Probably not.
yes right if it was up to him he would have sent both home right then.

"Ain't nobody got time for that"
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:47 pm

https://www.accessonline.com/articles/tayshia-tells-colton-underwood-which-women-are-on-the-bachelor-for-the-wrong-reasons-exclusive
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldie2 Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:57 pm

pbmax wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:This lead are cast just like the contestants. They know Colton’s insecurities and issues. TPTB use all of this to weave their story .
Colton’s story is about him being a virgin, but it’s also about his fear of being left by the woman he loves. This has been a theme all season and it will end with Cassie leaving. His worst fear realized.
Most of the awkward moments are producer/ story driven.
It’s mind games to create drama which is the shows bread and butter.
Probably not.
yes  right if it was up to him he would have sent both home right then.

"Ain't nobody got time for that"

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood - Episode Feb 18th - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+34
Kels0012
Rolly
sparkler
LoveDovez
Julie81