SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum

Page 19 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum - Page 19 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum

Post by Jina Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:36 am

Last edited by Jina on Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jina
Jina

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum - Page 19 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum

Post by avacaroline Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:42 am

Lucas15 wrote:
LeapofFaith wrote:IMO TPTB probably wanted her as bachette but i do not see Cassie wanting it especially after how serious she takes engagement and not having enough time to fall in love..

IMO they may have (at one time) viewed Cassie as a potential bachelorette but I don't think they ever put all their eggs in one basket - they just want multiple possibilities. IMO by the time of HTD Cassie was way down on that list for reasons that I think make her a great girlfriend / fiancee / wife but a bad bachelorette:

1 - Her family, or at least her father, seem skeptical and he really didn't play "the game" on her HTD (the game being ultimately giving his blessing). While the game is a bit different for the lead's family, it still is a game.
2 - Cassie was too hard to "produce". IIRC she related in one article how production was pressuring her to give more to Colton (eg ILY or I'm falling in love with you or "be ready" for an engagement) but she never did. The lead has to be able and willing to play the game (eg leading multiple people on) and Cassie couldn't even lead Colton on - imagine how she would do with 30 or so other people.
3 - The lead has to be able to (probably) fib a lot and lie a little to be able to give the show what they want / need. Cassie's moral compass doesn't seem (to me) to point in that direction. IMO if she says something, she means it - or she doesn't say it.
4 - Cassie showed that she had a problem with making decisions under a time constraint but as cast she only had one option - as lead she'd have many - and the very same time constraint. "I don't know - I wish I did" doesn't make it for the lead of the show IMO.
5 - The show was pushing Colton to Tayshia or Hanna G and Hanna G ended up as one of the top candidates for the bachelorette - if they were willing to give up Hanna G to Colton to get the ending they wanted then why would they not have been equally - or more - willing to give up Cassie?

IMO, at the end of the day, they orchestrated the meeting with her father and a self elimination simply because they felt if Colton picked Cassie, they would not get an engagement at the end and they really wanted that engagement. They had Colton saying he wanted it to end with an engagement so many times they thought that would be the only ending he would accept. Totally misjudged how much Colton loved Cassie; he jumped a fence for her.

Matt Randolph gets a side eye from me for several reasons (which I don't want to go into here) but in fact, what he helped convince Cassie to do (eg breakup) ended up driving her into Colton's arms rather than away from him. The breakup gave her the chance to collect her thoughts and feelings, understand how much she regretted breaking up and realize how heartbroken she was over the loss. IMO when she learned what Colton had done (breakup with Tayshia and Hanna G) to show her how much he loved her, she jumped her own fence for him (in agreeing to meet his parents even though she knew she couldn't give them what they would hope for). The breakup was really a catalyst that brought Cassie and Colton together and to me as well, it was raw, it was emotional, and IMO real. Best season ever!

I agree with so much of this. IMO Cassie doesn’t fit the mold of what they look for in a Bachelorette at all! She would’ve been their worst nightmare!  I have wondered lately about another possibility for production bringing in Matt Daddy Randolph.  

Here goes:  1) Colton and the show wanted an engagement at the end of this. 2) He was obviously all in for Cassie after Thailand. 3) One of his friends, (I think Jason) said that he’s the kind of guy that would never get engaged without a father’s blessing (sorry I don’t remember where or when I heard this but I’m positive that I did)  4) It’s clear that Cassie is slow to understand and work through her feelings. 5) Her values make it very difficult for her to proceed in relationships without her family’s approval and therefore it would take a lot of time for her to be sure enough to step out of that familial comfort zone.    

I never give TPTB any sort of benefit of the doubt and in general I think they are mostly evil-ish and manipulative.  But,  for the reasons above, I wonder if it maybe wasn’t all bad intentions. Bringing in Matt might not necessarily have been solely to convince Cassie to leave but maybe more about just getting SOMETHING to happen. Either the approval that Cassie was looking for and another chance for Colton to receive a blessing or the closure and nudge she needed to walk away and free up Colton to persue one of the other 2 that would guarantee the engagement that they all wanted.

All speculation but I believe that there are probably more layers to what makes production do what they do. I have to believe that there is a part of them (they are human beings after all) that rooots for some of these relationships.  And yes they manipulate and coerce and do whatever it takes to get the ending that they want  but I don’t think their intentions are always as black as we think they are? Or maybe I’m in a weird mood right now this is all wishful thinking?   :rosiecolored
avacaroline
avacaroline

Female Posts : 807

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:52 am

@avacaroline

I agree with both you and @Lucas15.

I think quite early on TPBP dropped the idea of Cassie as the next lead. While I like her a lot, she would've made a really bad lead. She can't make decisions under pressure. She's quite camera conscious. She needs time and calm to process and understand her own feelings. She also expresses herself not that eloquently under pressure. It would be a lot of "I don't know! I wish I knew!"  throughout the season.

Colton said, that while he was upset about the producers meddling, they worked together with Colton (and Cassie) how to get the ending C&C wanted AND how to still produce the show. Both were a give and take, imho Cassie meeting Colton's family was where Cassie had to give. She was not ready at all. But in exchange they got a beautiful final episode all about them. I also think Colton phoned Cassie before meeting her the next day, to make sure she was up to it. I don't think he would've just turned up unannounced. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachhh022 Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:03 pm

I’m not sure if they wanted Cassie as bachelorette. On one hand she is beautiful and has a huge following but, on the other hand, she really wasn’t that great under the pressure of the cameras and is very indecisive.

As much as I love colton and Cassie, BECAUSE I’m rooting for them I hope they never do another reality show (I believe colton said he would never do one on their relationship so I hope he sticks to this), offscreen is clearly where their relationship thrives.
Bachhh022
Bachhh022

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderfan Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:50 pm

FYI, this weekend is the weekend the Randolphs and Underwoods are going to hang out in Vegas (as per Leigh's ig story). Get ready to see more cute interactions between these two families!

lavenderfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:06 pm

lavenderfan wrote:FYI, this weekend is the weekend the Randolphs and Underwoods are going to hang out in Vegas (as per Leigh's ig story). Get ready to see more cute interactions between these two families!

Aww cute. Also tomorrow marks 6 months since these two met Smiley
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by Jina Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:08 pm

lavenderfan wrote:FYI, this weekend is the weekend the Randolphs and Underwoods are going to hang out in Vegas (as per Leigh's ig story). Get ready to see more cute interactions between these two families!
 Aww Thanks for the information!!! I can't wait  Hugesmile
Jina
Jina

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderfan Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:09 pm

kmick0890 wrote:

Aww cute. Also tomorrow  marks 6 months since these two met Smiley

.. OMG. really? So filming began on September 21st?

This makes me sentimental, and I know Colton and Cassie disagree with when their anniversary should be (colton wants it to be when they first met), but whatever the case, this is Colton's longest relationship (I don't he and Aly lasted 6 months..?)

lavenderfan

Back to top Go down

Post by kmick0890 Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:13 pm

lavenderfan wrote:
kmick0890 wrote:

Aww cute. Also tomorrow  marks 6 months since these two met Smiley

.. OMG. really? So filming began on September 21st?

This makes me sentimental, and I know Colton and Cassie disagree with when their anniversary should be (colton wants it to be when they first met), but whatever the case, this is Colton's longest relationship (I don't he and Aly lasted 6 months..?)

Yep. I looked in one of the filming threads in his archive here and I'm pretty sure it's that date.
kmick0890
kmick0890

Back to top Go down

Post by Bachhh022 Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:26 pm

Ohh I wonder if colton will take Cassie to meet Becca, Garrett, Tia, etc since Garrett’s Vegas Chipendales thing is also this weekend?
Bachhh022
Bachhh022

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderfan Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Bachhh022 wrote:

Ohh I wonder if colton will take Cassie to meet Becca, Garrett, Tia, etc since Garrett’s Vegas Chipendales thing is also this weekend?

OH MY GOSH! That would be absolutely crazy. You're right! Hm, I could see that happening and them hanging out.

lavenderfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum - Page 19 D14wzvCUcAElNOZ
cassie + colton @cassieandcolton
Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum - Page 19 NjanIncmwY0wofR9
From Portugal to Huntington, their food fights are everything! @colton @CassieRandolph pic.twitter.com/XewTjtENIF
Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum - Page 19 UGu40TgE8dqitQzV
Food reviews with @CassieRandolph and @colton. Absolutely L I V I N G for this content #TheBachelor pic.twitter.com/SSjHz5yRjM
Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum - Page 19 D2EV659VAAU7yIm
They’ve been out of hiding a week and I still feel like it’s all a dream pic.twitter.com/BArHx80qNk
https://mobile.twitter.com/cassieandcolton
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 79 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 49 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood & Cassie Randolph - Updates - FAN Forum

+51
RainbowConnection
pwgolfer
cookielover12
wishesfireworks
Mella13