SELECT CONTENT

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Mon May 11, 2020 12:01 pm

@GuardianAngel Gorgeous pic of Niagara Falls. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope you had a very special day with your son and new grand pup.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 Empty Re: Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 11, 2020 6:57 pm

@Norcalgal Unfortunately I did not. sad Essential travel only, and there were many tickets being handed out in Toronto where my son lives. We decided it's best to wait. We are on a downward trend and want to keep it that way.

I am rewarded daily with lots of pics and vid's. Smiley

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue May 12, 2020 9:20 am

@GuardianAngel sorry to hear you that you didn't get to meet the new grand pup in person. It's always best to stay safe. I am glad to hear that Canada is ticketing people who are where they aren't supposed to be. I feel we're being a little too lax in the US although CA is still pretty closed.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 25, 2020 4:32 pm

NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 3552228123

https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue May 26, 2020 8:38 am

GuardianAngel wrote: NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 3552228123

Thank you for the reminder of the spirit of Memorial Day. This clip was shown at the end of a TV show last night. It brought tears to my eyes as it was sung truly from the heart and without any accompaniment. It really brought out the lyrics.

https://twitter.com/markpoloncarz

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 26, 2020 8:22 pm

@Norcalgal oh my gosh that is so sad. When I went to Italy, I visited the train station where my grandfather was killed in a bombing in WW2. There was a monument with the names of those that perished.

I can't even begin to explain the feeling being there and listening to my uncle tell the story of what happened. He was only 2 yrs old at the time, my mother was 9 yrs old. It's so horrible for our soldiers their families, past and present.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed May 27, 2020 9:08 am

@GuardianAngel Can't tell you how many times I've sung Waltzing Matilda without realizing what the lyrics were about. The fact that it was sung by a man who was injured in Vietnam and then overcame his dark days to be elected to the US Senate speaks volumes. He truly honored those that served in that moment.

How poignant for you to visit the place where your grandfather served and died. When my sons were here for Memorial Day, we reminisced about our visit to Normandy when they were young boys and the impression it left on them. They wanted to go there as a result of the movie Saving Private Ryan. What struck me was the contrast between the US cemetery and the German ones - the US had fundraising to make their cemeteries beautiful memorials. I couldn't help but think how missed the young German soldiers were by their parents, too - despite being on the 'wrong' side of the war. To me, war has no victors as there is enough collateral damage for everyone to share.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 27, 2020 6:48 pm

You all know my love for Rod Stewart. He released Waltzing Matilda, years ago. I looked up the lyrics after I read your post. It's not the same, but I think it's tied into it.

It's an amazing story. I feel generations need to continue telling stories so they are never forgotten.

Canadians played a big role in the Battle of Normandy. That's wonderful you got to visit the memorials.

It really makes me stop and think and feel the sorrow. That's how I felt when I visited the World Trade Centre memorial.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:48 pm

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians. I hope you have a safe enjoyable day tomorrow!

NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 Shutterstock_490654660___Super_Portrait

Source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Happy Canada Day to all our fellow Canadians!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37nGeXn2K9c

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:00 pm

@Sprite NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 3806527698 loved it!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:58 pm

@GuardianAngel Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian members! I remember the statue of George-Etienne Cartier, in Park Royal in Montrea,l who was instrumental in forming the Canadian Federation. We are happy to have such good neighbors to our north!

NiagaraParks - Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion  - Page 3 Screen21
Took this photo of Cartier's quote at the base of his statue last summer.

Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrate - Special Occasions - Milestones - Statutory Holidays - Discussion

+10
maryl
chasus71
veg_out
Linds911
albean99