SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm

That’s a very atypical type of first date. Methinks this season may be a bit different from that alone. Never has a first single date on bette won so this will be a first. Plus the first date is far more intimate than the usual fear factor style date that Bette AU usually does (Dave. Jake. Jarrod. Etc). I’m inclined to think if Carlin is F1 then she likely had him as her front runner early on and wanted to get to it ASAP laugh out loud
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:16 pm

Angie confirmed in an interview last week that Leads don't get any say in who goes on which dates or what they do, so if she did have him as an early favourite I still think TPTB would have shifted his date to second or third.  

TAB have Kayde placing third, and he's the only contestant with no IG listed on official sites, and still on private.  If Kayde gets the second or third date I'll suspect Kayde was her first choice and Carlin was originally intended for F3.

ETA:
Given her love of the genre, the question has to be asked: has she ever watched UnReal? Yes!” She laughs again. “We’re not that extreme in Australia but there are similarities. I mean, it’s set up. It’s not like I get to organise my own dates.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 pm

Sounds more like what has always been known that the lead doesn’t organize the dates or plan them or anything. Only who they want to go on a date with (if F1, villains and MOT 2on1s are producer driven imo). I know with the dates that the lead can choose which planned activity they want to go on with which contestant. If it applies to someone me who is MOT or a villain sure it’s likely producers but  F1? That’s on the lead imo.

Carlin’s night one outfit fits the pattern of all previous Bette F1s being dressed to match well with the lead and more dressy than the others (never in flamboyant clothes or light suits or prints etc).. There’s never been a F1 who wasn’t dressed in one of the nicer outfits on the Bette. Makes me think the stylists plan accordingly and makes me wonder if they see pics of the cast before.

I can’t say I am surprised at all by Carlin being F1 though. I definitely could see her picking someone like him. :yes:
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:29 pm

See that's the thing, having watched Angie watching Bach and Bette on Gogglebox ( dizzy ) Carlin seems like the kind of guy she and Yvie would have rolled their eyes at and called out for being douchey IMO.  He is the opposite of the type of guy I would have expected her to choose.

But I could definitely see the producers liking him - he's classically good looking, he's an actor so would know how to take direction, and he's already done a tonne of shilling so doesn't mind selling out for a gig, IMO.  So IMO he was always flagged for Top 4, but I don't think he's Angie's type at all.

Anyway I'm keen to see how they interact, whether he makes her laugh, and whether he mentions acting...
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:37 pm

@Bobette laugh out loud that makes me think even more he’s the type she’d go for. Easy to sit on a couch and judge and make fun. Then she’s there and he’s being like Prince Charming wooing her and comforting her (per BTS pics) and voila the love she’s never dreamed of before but now has (we’ll not really but you get the drift) laugh out loud I hope it works out. If not then maybe the same formula here that Sophie had with Stu. Angie gives them ratings. Carlin acts and gives them a tv ending. They do their time together and part ways. All’s well that ends well BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 3806527698
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:42 pm

Speaking of Prince Charming, there’s a video posted by BetteAU calling Carlin Prince Charming and Angie is all swooning how hot he is hot diggity damn etc. Yep :yes: she’s definitely into him.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 pm

Why would they do that if he's F1? they usually keep F1 hidden(ish).  This season is all kinds of weird.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:55 pm

I thought their meeting looked lack-lustre from what we've seen.  Zero witty banter - her meeting with Ciarran seemed much better to me.  no idea

Also those sound bytes of her saying he's hot etc could have been shot later to fit the story.  Like maybe even during the 2 week premiere delay...  laugh out loud

ETA:  Posting screencaps to illustrate my point.  Hair, lipstick and brows all different IMO.  Those hot diggity damns were not filmed night 1, IMO.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 Y2fTn88

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 7xDF1U6

Source

Noting IG stats as at 07/10 before premiere

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 JAAamyl

https://www.instagram.com/carlinsterritt/
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Snipped from episode 1.

Bobette wrote:Next up we have Carlin.  "Hi I'm Carlin and I'm a FITNESS TRAINER."  Don't believe anything you may hear about me being an actor and model.  Oh no siree, I am a fitness trainer and here's some sparkly subtitles to prove it.  Just don't Google me, K?

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 21YQIkf

I am also 30 and have a BEARD so get ready to pay up, Sportsbet.  :stirthepot

They exchange pleasantries.  She drops the hot diggity damns and he says she takes his breath away though TBH I think that's probably just the pneumonia kicking in.  And then he's off.  She says he's "nice" and maybe it's time she tried a "nice boy".  Meh.

Source: Tenplay

Bobette wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:Could be that he’s an actor, which gives me shades of Jed.

The other thing that I’ve heard about him, and don’t know if it’s been mentioned on here is that he’s been married before, and quite religious, and involved in Hillsong, which for our non Aussies is a big evangelical church. So he could possibly be saving himself for his next marriage?

@Dirty Street Pie no none of that has been mentioned here IIRC.  The bold especially definitely does NOT seem to me like something Angie would be down with.   affraid

I am also getting overwhelming Jed vibes from Carlin and he is not sitting well with me so far at all.  The smarmy stubble, pulling out his guitar at the first opportunity, even the darn fleece-collared jackets!  

There is no way they will stay together after the show IMO and I stand by my original theory that he was not intended to be F1 and got subbed in later, for the optics.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 2 GtDGYyh

Sources: Tenplay and Twitter and JJ
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:10 pm

@Bobette AAAAARGH! This is giving me PTSD  all over again! hissyfit

PLEASE GOD NO! ( But you may be correct...)
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 pm

Astrobach wrote:@Bobette AAAAARGH! This is giving me PTSD  all over again! hissyfit

PLEASE GOD NO!  ( But you may be correct...)

laugh out loud i agree please don't bring Hed anywhere near Bach AU ! PLSSSS for the love of god i am still not over denial den Hugesmile
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:17 pm

Astrobach wrote:@Bobette AAAAARGH! This is giving me PTSD  all over again! hissyfit

PLEASE GOD NO!  ( But you may be correct...)

Reading through the comments on the show's IG page is interesting too.  Many non-spoiled viewers are saying he's this season's Elly, he's peaking too early, he'll be the one who goes home at F3, etc.  

It almost seems to me that the show were setting him up to be their very own AU Jed - definitely NOT someone you would want to align a contestant with if you were expecting them to be F1, IMO!

And TPTB would never have given him the first date - an overnight date no less - if they thought he would be F1, IMO.  Something went very wrong with TPTBs plan for this season, I'm sure of it. Suspect
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh