SELECT CONTENT

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 pm

mercieme wrote:I assume by the time she starts collecting the dough from her book sales, she can pronto drop his azz because IMO she has the free will to do so BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 2498057887

Yep that's exactly what I'm expecting - they'll give it a few months, enjoy the mutual publicity and then say they couldn't make it work for some nondescript reason (probably distance, that's always a favourite, or perhaps they will "just drift apart" Rolling Eyes ).

All fine by me since otherwise I do think he would have been Bachelor 2020 and his season is not one I'd be enthused about.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 Empty Re: Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sprout Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:28 pm

@Agent99 the way I see it is that they had an awesome 24 hr date, where they connected really well and talked about everything. She’s liked him from the start and can see a future with him and the prods know this. Doubt is created, as it always is and Angie is gutted because she really likes Carlin and has already chosen him as the one. She doesn’t care that he’s an actor or that he’s still married, she wants to know if he really likes her, just as she really likes him. Her insecurity is about whether he wants to be with her, not about what he does for a living. She gets that confirmation because Carlin demonstrates how genuine he is about being with her and no matter how much she pushes him away (due to both manufactured drama and her own thoughts about being with a good guy) he is still there fighting for her.
JMO
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 pm

I totally disagree that Carlin would have been on the radar for Bachelor based on the way they edited his personality on the show right from the start. There is no comparison IMO to the two recycle candidates we have had so far (Richie and Matty J) who were typed as the fun personality types and not the 2% funny guy that the producers went for with Carlin but I will agree to disagree on this BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 2498057887 And as I have said all along, I could care less if Carlin and Angie last, it’s a miracle IMO that couples last from this crazy show to begin with and they have as much chance to last or break up as the ones before them, but the AU franchise odds are in their favor so far and time will tell BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:34 pm

@Mercieme I agree that he wouldn’t have been the next bachelor.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:47 pm

mercieme wrote:I totally disagree that Carlin would have been on the radar for Bachelor based on the way they edited his personality on the show right from the start.

They edit the show after the FRC, so if he wasn't F1 and TPTB were considering him for Bach, they would have just given him a different edit IMO.  And he obviously thought it was a possibility if he was saying it in the house.    

I doubt they would have had the material to make him out to be a fun Matty/Richie style lead though so IMO would probably have gone for a conservative/"old fashioned romance" theme, which to me would be totally boring.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:59 pm

Reminder, this is Carlin's thread. A lot of these great discussions belong in the episode or SM/media thread and not here, especially if posts are about other contestants and discussion can lead to them as well. Please keep this in mind for future posts. We don't want this thread to become the main discussion thread for the season.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:44 am

Lots of negative comments on IG and Twitter re: Carlin after his ep 8 second SD with many seeing him as too boring and incompatible with Angie.  Major backlash headed their way if TPTB don't spice up his edit between now and the FRC IMO.

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 D5Md4yx
BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 55JU7KR
BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 V1ZY8HY

Source

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 PybgQzM

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by sprout Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:13 am

Some negative comments about Carlin is to be expected, just like any other contestant. Still doesn’t mean there will be ‘major’ backlash IMO.
sprout
sprout

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:21 am

sprout wrote:Some negative comments about Carlin is to be expected, just like any other contestant. Still doesn’t mean there will be ‘major’ backlash IMO.

As the saying goes "you can't please everyone" - but then again Angie is the one making the decision. Carlin has been shown to be serious in his edit. This is in direct contrast to other colourful personalities. IMO Carlin is genuine an he opens up about his personal issues. The F1 has a history of bring the unpopular public choice and I don't think Carlin will be any different.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:14 am

@mercieme It is a crazy show but on the positive side, look how many AU couples have made it = so far only two failures (I think ?)

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:29 pm

The Bachelorette's cash scandal REVEALED: Producers 'offered to pay contestants $100,000 to date Angie Kent for two years'... with a 'bonus payment for an on-camera proposal'

The Bachelorette has been hit with allegations of a payment scandal involving producers and the show's biggest stars.

On Monday, Woman's Day reported that the show's producers had told contestants they could score a $100,000 payday if their relationship with Angie Kent lasted for at least two years.  

According to the magazine, the suitors could earn even more if they agreed to propose to the former Gogglebox star in the finale.    

'They promised to pay $100,000 if the couple were together for two years and got engaged - and said they could earn even more if the proposal was on TV,' said a source.

The offer was reportedly made at the start of filming earlier this year, and served as 'extra motivation' for the men competing for Angie's heart.  

The scandal is the latest to hit the series, after it was revealed a number of Angie's suitors had worked in showbusiness prior to appearing on the dating show.  

As previously reported by Daily Mail Australia, front-runner Carlin Sterritt appeared in advertising campaigns and even films before applying for The Bachelorette.  

In recent years, he has starred in campaigns for menswear brand Tramps The Store and also appeared in short films like Red Zone, Divided and Graveyard Shift.

Furthermore, he has a lead role in the upcoming Australian drama, Out of the Woods.  

Source

BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 7CsIRUA

Woman’s Day is reporting that Bachelorette contestants were promised a whopping $100,000 if they won and stayed together with Angie Kent for at least two years.

Reasoning wise, if this is indeed true, I guess producers are  sick of these relationships fading out fast (Sophie Monk and Stu Laundy, we’re looking at you) and want something that at least looks legit.

I will be watching Angie and the eventual Bachelorette winner like a hawk — if they break up after two years and then he suddenly starts driving around a flash new car, I’ll be very suspicious.

Source

Bobette wrote:
Just Looking wrote:@Bobette I hope it’s not true about the $100,000.   If it is, I’m appalled.

Yeah pretty insulting to Angie if true but then again maybe they made her the same offer and she was fine with it.  If so, choosing an actor as F1 suddenly makes a lot more sense IMO.  

There have been rumours of relationship contracts for years and after Nick's season Lead contracts would be a lot more binding IMO.  Nothing would surprise me with this show any more TBH. laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:35 am

My friend’s hubby knows some folks connected with Carlin and was informed that Carlin’s HTD was in Townsville, Queensland where his parents / extended family supposedly are still based. Apparently the Australian Festival of Chamber of Music (AFCM) took place late July into early August around the HTD dates and hotels / flights were booked solid and the town was quite busy. If indeed Carlin’s HTD took place in Townsville, it might explain the lack of HTD pap pics. Based on information on Carlin’s brother’s public twitter account, I think he  lives in Sydney so still possible Carlin’s HTD could have been at his brother’s place....just parking this here for now and we should find out soon enough where his HTD took place BacheloretteAU - Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 20 2498057887

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Carlin Sterritt - First Date Guy - Bachelorette Australia - Angie Kent - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+30
jenski_tas
Dirty Street Pie
Kindnesscounts
bluwavz
richmond1
Vjeff
Flowergrrl
ReneeM
Finch
mbl
stoneleigh