SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 61 of 70 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 65 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Guest Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:29 pm

Last night just felt very sad on so many levels....does it seem like Madison and Peter are going to try dating in real life? I felt like it was up in the air at the end of the show last night.

Back to top Go down

1 - Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 Empty Re: Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by jcrbil Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:39 pm

Certainly Peter's first move, if he's going to be with Madi, is to move out of his parents' house - to anywhere! And I think Barb made it easier for him to do that last night. He should start putting the distance between him and his mother that he should have done about a dozen years ago. And if he doesn't, Madi and Peter have no chance. I do think Madi would show grace in the long run as far as Barb is concerned and at least allow for civility on her part. But I have no such hope when it comes to Barb who seems to have a very confused idea of compromise. From the things I've read about how she "bonded" with HA... no wonder she was devastated that Peter ended the relationship with her choice.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:07 pm

Peter has no chance with any woman he gets serious about whether it is Madi or someone else. Hannah Ann would have been out of there as well.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsySarah Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:07 am

This may have been our first time experiencing Barb’s reaction to something she doesn’t like, but unfortunately for Peter and the other Webers, I think they’ve seen it all before. Their silence during her diatribe was telling.
GypsySarah
GypsySarah

Back to top Go down

Post by River57 Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:29 am

If we are all really concerned about bullying Chris Harrison and producers should apologize to Peter and Madison. What happened on the final in my view was bullying. Even Hannah Ann has a right to give her views. But Peter was set up by manipulation to fail. He had pressure from his mother and producers to go against his best choice. The choice his gut told him to make. However being an unprofessional counselor his decision making and boundaries have been broken down by an unhealthy family dynamic.  That episode was very very sad to view.  Producers should have stopped his mother and I wish Peter and Madi would have walked out.  That was a not fun traumatic event.  I hope Peter is in immediate counseling and Madi too.  I hope Peter’s family will also get his mother some professional help.  Such a very sad situation.  It will take years to heal from. I do not know any of the people involved and I was traumatized.  I grew up in a conservative Christian home and I understand Madi even though I hope she can keep faith and expand her world view.  But that was trauma, evil trauma and they all have my prayers for healing.  And the bachelor producers a message from me: riveting TV is not always right.  Please don’t give a segment on bullying and then but allow your lead yo be put in such a bad situation.  This will fundamentally change Peter and I hope in the best ways.

River57

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:47 am

@River57 Very well said! clapping! 1 - Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 61 3552228123

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:57 am

I don't consider it bullying, but humiliation.  I always think those conversations should be in private.  Barb should have said she loves her son, is disappointed in his choices, bit will always be there for him. End of story. IMO

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:14 am

@atem I know it's live, but couldn't they have gone to commercial at some point? It was humiliation, but it was not right to have a segment on the way their contestants get "bullied" on line and allow this to go on - on tv. It's hard for me to believe there was not some element of control that they could have managed.
Also, it's hard for me to believe that there aren't production meetings prior to going on with all people that are mic'ed?
Surely, Peter knew his family was upset, concerned and even angry at him. They had to have some idea the general feel of what her "message" would be. Not saying they knew how brutal she would be. ABC said don't treat our contestants like this, but we will. It's like ABC just "liked" a ugly SM slur....did not outright post it....just liked it. JMO

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by cheriee Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:28 am

River57 wrote:If we are all really concerned about bullying Chris Harrison and producers should apologize to Peter and Madison. What happened on the final in my view was bullying. Even Hannah Ann has a right to give her views. But Peter was set up by manipulation to fail. He had pressure from his mother and producers to go against his best choice. The choice his gut told him to make. However being an unprofessional counselor his decision making and boundaries have been broken down by an unhealthy family dynamic.  That episode was very very sad to view.  Producers should have stopped his mother and I wish Peter and Madi would have walked out.  That was a not fun traumatic event.  I hope Peter is in immediate counseling and Madi too.  I hope Peter’s family will also get his mother some professional help.  Such a very sad situation.  It will take years to heal from. I do not know any of the people involved and I was traumatized.  I grew up in a conservative Christian home and I understand Madi even though I hope she can keep faith and expand her world view.  But that was trauma, evil trauma and they all have my prayers for healing.  And the bachelor producers a message from me: riveting TV is not always right.  Please don’t give a segment on bullying and then but allow your lead yo be put in such a bad situation.  This will fundamentally change Peter and I hope in the best ways.

I agree with you and I think it's been harmful that Barb's behavior has been minimized by many who don't seem to understand how emotional manipulation is abusive. This wasn't just Barb being an overly concerned parent, this was a pattern of behavior that has probably been going on for Peter's entire life and it involves a misuse of power in a relationship. I do consider what Barb has engaged in, both on stage and online, as a form of bullying. Barb sought to control and harm others who were already in a vulnerable position. Barb sought to isolate Peter from his friends and family and from the woman he loves, repeatedly. And all of it was intentional and done with zero empathy or care. I think it really needs to be known that what Barb did isn't normal or acceptable. I hope somehow the Weber family seek the help they need. All JMO.

cheriee

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:45 am

The article also explains to me that Madi and Peter didn't meet until then.  So, it doesn't look like they were dating before the show and starting from fresh.

This is quote from this article:
https://www.glamour.com/story/the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-chris-harrison-barb-peter-weber

Right, but I think Madison felt so ambushed. I saw her tense up and freeze up. I bet if you asked Madison about it today, she wouldn’t be able to remember one thing that was said. It was a blur. Yeah, she could have diffused it, Barb could have diffused it, I tried to diffuse it...three times, in fact! But the fact is, that moment wasn’t on Madison. She didn’t make them wait three hours. She and Peter were having a conversation, and that’s something that needed to take place. Barb and Peter Sr. flew across the world, but maybe Barb needs consider who this is about. Maybe it’s not about her. Maybe this is about her son and not about her Instagram followers or her DMs. I think that may have gotten lost a little bit.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:56 am

atem wrote:The article also explains to me that Madi and Peter didn't meet until then.  So, it doesn't look like they were dating before the show and starting from fresh.  

This is quote from this article:
https://www.glamour.com/story/the-bachelor-after-the-final-rose-chris-harrison-barb-peter-weber

Right, but I think Madison felt so ambushed. I saw her tense up and freeze up. I bet if you asked Madison about it today, she wouldn’t be able to remember one thing that was said. It was a blur. Yeah, she could have diffused it, Barb could have diffused it, I tried to diffuse it...three times, in fact! But the fact is, that moment wasn’t on Madison. She didn’t make them wait three hours. She and Peter were having a conversation, and that’s something that needed to take place. Barb and Peter Sr. flew across the world, but maybe Barb needs consider who this is about. Maybe it’s not about her. Maybe this is about her son and not about her Instagram followers or her DMs. I think that may have gotten lost a little bit.

The bolded had me Rolling Eyes
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:59 am

I have to thank so many of you who write such caring and insightful posts as to what the viewing audience observed on Tuesday night at the ATFR and in this past season....let's hope Madison and Peter are having some time together to heal and move on from this difficult and sad experience.  Some thoughts:

1. I re-watched the visit Peter made to the Prewitt family...how warm and inviting her family was that night.  I was especially struck by what her Mom said after Madison's Dad finished praying...."I believe the two of you both have greatness in your future"...."to new beginnings".  Maybe this thoughtful toast is one that Peter and Madison can think about in the days and weeks ahead.

2. Again from the visit to the Prewitt home....I think her father could be a positive presence in Peter's life if he is interested in growing in his faith journey.  Whether they end up dating or decide to be friends Mr. Prewitt appears to be a class act and strong spiritual mentor.  

3. It's telling that Peter's friend posted such a kind comment referring to Madison as being such a "light" in the baby shower photo.....she obviously feels that Madison has special qualities that reflect onto others in a positive way.  

4. I agree with so many of you that there is a very good reason that Madison unfollowed CH.  IMO that is a healthy step …."to new beginnings".

5. My wish is that we will see Peter and Madison on the upcoming mission trip this spring....whether together as friends or dating...their positive qualities will shine through as they work to touch the lives of others in such a special way!

6. There is a great song that I listen to called "Blessings"....lately I have been thinking about it as it relates to their experience on the bachelor...."what if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise".....painful experiences only make us grow!

Spread joy in the world everyone...all just my opinion!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 70 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 65 ... 70  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 24 - Peter Weber - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+80
Lucas15
dee
Jaybird
iamreal2u
Parrots Hilton