SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Page 8 of 81 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:54 am

Mommyof2 wrote:Well, the Christian community is continuing to slam her through Matt Walsh's blog on FB.  They are not buying her "Jesus still loves me" shtick.  

It IS pretty lame.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

thebachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion  - Page 8 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by Idlemess Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 am

Just how many “Jesus still loves me” cards has she pulled?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:23 am

Mommyof2 wrote:Well, the Christian community is continuing to slam her through Matt Walsh's blog on FB.  They are not buying her "Jesus still loves me" shtick.  
A certain part of the Christian community. Hannah has been dealing with that trash since the first trailer came out (and with their representative Luke P before that), so I think she is starting to get used to it.

At the same time, she has 2.3 million followers, her latest post has 650K likes and supporting comments by a bunch of truly GOOD Christians. Like she says, she has become a role model for young Christian women, and I guess that’s why the zealots are still whining about her old “shtick”. She has become dangerous.
Lock your door, Hannah!
All JMO.

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by lleyki Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:38 am

Looking back now, I don't think any of her choices were that terrible. Knowing everything we know now, I don't think she would've worked with any of her top 4 or any of the men in her cast. I don't believe changing any choice would've changed the outcome, her ending up single in LA. JMO

I don't know, I think she and Peter actually could have had really great potential. Would it have lasted, well every pairing that comes out of this franchise is a toss up of whether or not they would last. But I definitely don't think they would have been over before the finale even aired.

lleyki

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 am

lleyki wrote:
Looking back now, I don't think any of her choices were that terrible. Knowing everything we know now, I don't think she would've worked with any of her top 4 or any of the men in her cast. I don't believe changing any choice would've changed the outcome, her ending up single in LA. JMO

I don't know, I think she and Peter actually could have had really great potential. Would it have lasted, well every pairing that comes out of this franchise is a toss up of whether or not they would last. But I definitely don't think they would have been over before the finale even aired.

@Ileyki
I agree. IMO Peter adored her. His whole family did. He was an excellent option which of course is why she did not pick him. :headbanging If there was anyone who should have been drafted to save her after Jed was fired, it was Peter. Of course by then, the bubble had likely burst and he was likely not interested in sacrificing himself. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by Doggoneit Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 am

The people who are shaming her should be ashamed of themselves. *** imo*** She is navigating uncharted waters.  Her beliefs are hers.  I am over all the judgement!
I would be proud of her as a parent, sister or friend.  She is beautiful inside and out.  ***imo***

Not today Satan...move along!

Doggoneit

Back to top Go down

Post by Begonia* Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:59 am

Doggoneit wrote:The people who are shaming her should be ashamed of themselves.  She is navigating uncharted waters.  Her beliefs are hers.  I am over all the judgement!
I would be proud of her as a parent, sister or friend.  She is beautiful inside and out.  

Not today Satan...move along!
.    bestbud! clapping! thumbsup

eta see post above! We need to remember opinions are wonderful but not shared by everyone

Begonia*

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 am

blueblues wrote:
A certain part of the Christian community. Hannah has been dealing with that trash since the first trailer came out (and with their representative Luke P before that), so I think she is starting to get used to it.

At the same time, she has 2.3 million followers, her latest post has 650K likes and supporting comments by a bunch of truly GOOD Christians. Like she says, she has become a role model for young Christian women, and I guess that’s why the zealots are still whining about her old “shtick”. She has become dangerous.
Lock your door, Hannah!
All JMO.

I am a Christian and I have NEVER said that in my entire life. A mature Christian recognizes their sin, confesses it, repents from it and turns from it. This is the problem the Christian community has with her "Jesus still loves me" comments. She is trying to justify sin and Christians aren't having it.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Summerfun1980 Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 am

lleyki wrote:

Those two just aren’t compatible and didn’t seem to have anything to talk about. I think she really tried with Peter, though he’s not her type, because she thought he was the perfect, nice guy. But ultimately just didn’t feel it with him. It would’ve been a forced union for the sake of a proposal that made her unhappy. Him too. I truly think he would’ve fallen in bubble love with any bachelorette. It seems he’s falls in and out of “love” easily based on the gossip about him. So that bubble would’ve bursted as soon as they stepped into the real world where they would actually need to have real conversations laugh out loud. I think they would’ve been almost over by the finale. He’s so obviously not her guy. I also don’t see him with a woman like her in real life. if he’s bachelor, the woman he chooses will be totally opposite I bet. JMO

Summerfun1980

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:18 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
blueblues wrote:

Lock your door, Hannah!
All JMO.

I am a Christian and I have NEVER said that in my entire life.  A mature Christian recognizes their sin, confesses it, repents from it and turns from it.  This is the problem the Christian community has with her "Jesus still loves me" comments.  She is trying to justify sin and Christians aren't having it.  

@Mommyof2
I have struggled for weeks with whether and how to say exactly what you succinctly and accurately stated. IMO you are exactly right. Her attitude is petulant and ridiculous. That, is the most foolish of all her foolish statements. She is taking license real faith does not give. If Luke had been more mature, learned and articulate and less judgmental and controlling, we could have had an opportunity to educate. Instead, the two of them were two caricatures making a mockery of their faith and each other. What a huge missed opportunity. All IMO.

Chgohighlife

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:43 pm

As a christian I was always taught to love everyone and not judge others and try to see the good in people I try and do that but I know I fall short many times. I think Hannah does love Jesus and she trys to see the good in people. I have never heard her say anything bad about the guys on her show and she even said she knows there is good in Jed even though she was hurt by what happened. Only God knows what's in Hannah's heart and can judge. I for one will pray for her and continue to wish her the best as she is trying to figure out what is ahead for her.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Mommyof2 wrote:
blueblues wrote:

Lock your door, Hannah!
All JMO.

I am a Christian and I have NEVER said that in my entire life.  A mature Christian recognizes their sin, confesses it, repents from it and turns from it.  This is the problem the Christian community has with her "Jesus still loves me" comments.  She is trying to justify sin and Christians aren't having it.  

I am a Christian too and agree with confession and repentance are important in a Christian’s spiritual growth.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 81 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

+74
Jaybird
BlueStarsShiver
USAGold
Fan4life
Alanna