SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Page 9 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 45 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

thebachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by Billysmom Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:39 pm

nannymargie wrote:As a christian I was always taught to love everyone and not judge others and try to see the good in people  I try and do that but I know I fall short many times.  I think Hannah does love Jesus and she trys to see the good in people.  I have never heard her say anything bad about the guys on her show and she even said she knows there is good in Jed even though she was hurt by what happened.  Only God knows what's in Hannah's heart and can judge.   I for one will pray for her and continue to wish her the best as she is trying to figure out what is ahead for her.
Great post, nanny.

The Jesus I know had greater disdain for the Pharisees and doctors of the law than for women whose reputations were less than perfect. And to be frank I find it a tad ironic that people who regularly watch this franchise with  its less than chaste  paradigm allow themselves to feel morally superior, jmo. 

Hannah's spirituality is very grace-focused, which I believe comes from above, and which it seemed to me she tried pretty hard to pass along to the people she met in her season. Christ knew very well that real change is possible only when one truly feels forgiven and loved....I think Hannah is working on the latter, but at times appears to me is at the stage (a la AA) of faking it till ya make it (not a bad thing in that context.) She's on the road, and we have to trust God not to abandon her. One doesn't have to be her greatest fan, but chipping away at her will only make her vuknerable to the lure of temporary and sometimes less-than-ideal sources of comfort, jmo. Translation: anyone concerned for her soul might do well to acknowledge that her relationship with Jesus is hers, and to trust Him to lead her where she's supposed to be, jmo. She's acknowledged she's sometimes drifted from her convictions, but is resolved to keep herself centered on Him going forward....my goodness what else can oneask of a believer???  "It is in weakness that I am made strong...."   

Grace, people, grace.

Peace out.
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

thebachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion  - Page 9 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

Post by pavalygurl Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 pm

nannymargie wrote:As a christian I was always taught to love everyone and not judge others and try to see the good in people  I try and do that but I know I fall short many times.  I think Hannah does love Jesus and she trys to see the good in people.  I have never heard her say anything bad about the guys on her show and she even said she knows there is good in Jed even though she was hurt by what happened.  Only God knows what's in Hannah's heart and can judge.   I for one will pray for her and continue to wish her the best as she is trying to figure out what is ahead for her.

I have many, many beefs with the Catholic church, but I sometimes still attend Mass. The church I will go to has had for ages a big banner hanging on the front which says "The Lord is Kind and Merciful". That's what I believe.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Billysmom wrote:
Great post, nanny.

The Jesus I know had greater disdain for the Pharisees and doctors of the law than for women whose reputations were less than perfect. And to be frank I find it a tad ironic that people who regularly watch this franchise with  its less than chaste  paradigm allow themselves to feel morally superior, jmo. 

Hannah's spirituality is very grace-focused, which I believe comes from above, and which it seemed to me she tried pretty hard to pass along to the people she met in her season. Christ knew very well that real change is possible only when one truly feels forgiven and loved....I think Hannah is working on the latter, but at times appears to me is at the stage (a la AA) of faking it till ya make it (not a bad thing in that context.) She's on the road, and we have to trust God not to abandon her. One doesn't have to be her greatest fan, but chipping away at her will only make her vuknerable to the lure of temporary and sometimes less-than-ideal sources of comfort, jmo. Translation: anyone concerned for her soul might do well to acknowledge that her relationship with Jesus is hers, and to trust Him to lead her where she's supposed to be, jmo. She's acknowledged she's sometimes drifted from her convictions, but is resolved to keep herself centered on Him going forward....my goodness what else can oneask of a believer???  "It is in weakness that I am made strong...."   

Grace, people, grace.

Peace out.

Jesus also told the adulterous woman, "Go and sin no more." He didn't say keep right on sinning. no no I liked Hannah when the season began, but as I watched her on SM, my opinion of her changed, especially around the time she broke it off with Jed. She became incredibly shady. I understand she was hurt and angry, but keep your thoughts off of SM. If I have a bad day, I don't go and post about it on FB. I find those posts in my feed incredibly uncomfortable to read. It seems some think anything goes when it comes to SM...the good, the bad, the ugly. I saw plenty of ugly from Hannah. Some things should be kept to yourself. Okay, I will get off my :soapbox now.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:18 pm

I'm not Christian, and I find these religious moral discussions around this show ridiculous. The lead is dating multiple people at the same time on tv. Hardly a setting to go and find your religiously oriented wife or husband. No matter how you slice it, imho. And it's equally as ridiculous to hold these contestants and leads to some religious moral standards, this show is not the setting for that, imho.

As for Hannah, imho she herself at times is quite judgmental, so imho she's a bit hypocritical not being able to handle judgment thrown her own way. Jmho.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:55 pm

Having played the role of the adulterous woman onstage numerous times I'm particularly aware of what Jesus said to her. Not sure any of us should be keeping a ledger on how many times someone else sins, though.  For that matter, should we be keeping a tally of how many sleepovers a certain ex of hers has had lately??  

As for sharing the good,bad,ugly on sm...  I can compare it to my relationship with my two sisters.... I love them both dearly, but feel sooooo much closer to the one who shares her ups and her downs with me than I do to the one whose stock answer to everything is "it's all good."  I don't encourage the former to wallow in self pity, but it is IMHO mentally healthy to at least acknowledge even negative feelings rather than to repress them. And her sharing all parts of her life allows me to let my hair down and do the same. Though I respect the latter sister's intention to exude positivity, it makes it hard to have any real nitty gritty conversations with her, which makes me sad as the years go flying by... I don't know her as well as I would have liked. Judging by the comments I've read I think quite a few people feel the same way about Hannah's choice to be so open on sm. I suspect one of my sisters would appreciate it immensely, the other, not so much. But for those whom she helps, it seems she feels it's worth it exposing these sides of herself. I find her a really good communicator, and pretty darned gutsy, jmo.  Ymmv...
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:30 am

pavalygurl wrote:

I have many, many beefs with the Catholic church, but I sometimes still attend Mass.  The church I will go to has had for ages a big banner hanging on the front which says "The Lord is Kind and Merciful".  That's what I believe.

I could have written exactly the same post, Pav. Thank you. And I believe that we can choose kindness.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:54 am

As a forum, we need to continue to be mindful of what the cast actually believes about their personal beliefs vs what our great team of editors with the splice and diced showed us vs our own personal opinions and experiences with religion.. Please be mindful.
I do not mean to discount anyone’s personal beliefs. We all have them, but that is personally vs factually based on these cast people.
Thank you.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:00 am

So glad Hannah will get announced for DWTS (RS pretty much confirmed she will be) and you know who won't be.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:51 am

^^ I think that is healthier all around. Can't imagine how awkward it would be being there together given what's going on these days. Jmo
Billysmom
Billysmom

Back to top Go down

Post by eliza3 Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:52 pm

I haven't seen anything lately that suggests that Hannah is involved with any non profit/volunteer groups. Does anyone know if she is?

Also, when did they stop doing volunteer work during the Bachelorette? Last one I can remember is Ashley. I miss those episodes, always made me feel good!

eliza3
eliza3

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:49 pm

wishesfireworks wrote:So glad Hannah will get announced for DWTS (RS pretty much confirmed she will be) and you know who won't be.

This is Hannah https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RVzhkhuik/?igshid=1sb5sok3yqvha

We don’t need RS I can confirm it based on the moles/freckles on her hands.  Hannah is on DWTS imo

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by BGlover Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:33 am

Its definitely Hannah and am so freaking excited
BGlover
BGlover

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 81 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 45 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion

+74
Jaybird
BlueStarsShiver
USAGold
Fan4life
Alanna