SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 7 of 62 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Agent99 Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:19 pm

I don't really want to turn this into an Abbie rant, but she is grinding my gears. I agree she is anything but a feminist.  She comes across as a close-minded, competitive predator.  If it was a guy exhibiting that behaviour, he would be called out, but Abbie is an strong, empowered female (apparently).  :angryemotion

Agent99

Back to top Go down

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:49 pm

@Agent99 I'm only half way through and she has already:

- Accused other women of being jealous of her
- Said Cass needs to "stay away from my man"
- Pinned all her hopes on hooking up with Ciarran; and
- Said Paradise will be "dire" if he doesn't reciprocate.

What part of all that aligns with feminist ideology, Abbie?

Hint: NONE OF IT.   Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by ule101 Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 am

My gosh, Abbie and Jamie are just as bad as each other, and are coming off way too desperate. Hopefully, they leave Figi ASAP.

ule101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:21 am

If the first RC is tonight, Abbie will be gone IMO.  Jamie I believe will last longer because I seriously think him being in Paradise was part of a legal settlement with TPTB for getting a "bad edit" on Angie's season.

While I'm whingeing, Britt H is also annoying the heck out of me.  When she arrived a couple of people said they didn't expect to see here there, and she was all "oh yeah, no one's more surprised than me" etc.

Probably because she implied last year that BiP was beneath her and was clearly wanting to be Bette, IMO:

I think at this stage, Bachelor in Paradise is a no! I'm not sure it's my thing. Bachelorette, if I was in the right headspace and the opportunity presented itself I would consider it.

Source

Amazing how things changed when you didn't get the Top Job hey Britt?  And I don't buy for a second she was "pleasantly surprised" by Timm.  She knew he was a fan favourite and deliberately set her sights on him IMO.

:angryemotion
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:29 am

Bobette wrote:@Agent99 I'm only half way through and she has already:

Alllll this. It's why when I see people on twitter saying that criticising her is sexist, I'm like but where? Abbie is the ultimate anti-feminist herself.

IMO obvs

Last edited by leavers on Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by ule101 Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:29 am

Oh my gosh @Bobette which girl was desperate enough to give a rose to Jamie and for how long

ule101

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:34 am

ule101 wrote:Oh my gosh @Bobette which girl was desperate enough to give a rose to Jamie and for how long

IMO anyone desperate to stay on the show longer for more exposure, i.e pretty much the whole cast but Keira for a start  bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 3806527698

@leavers I seriously question if Abbie and her cheer squad actually know what feminism is?  Being open about sex and sleeping with a lot of men isn't shameful, but it also doesn't make you a feminist; it just makes you someone who is open about sex, and sleeps with a lot of men.

ETA:  I'm about 3/4 of the way through the ep and the Glenn/Mary interaction is going exactly how I expected - she's way too much for him, IMO. Alisha on the other hand will be juuuuust right, IMO. Hugesmile
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:53 am

I just watched the first episode and I don’t think I can get through this season if Mary is there the entire time. The way she talks about the other women is horrible. Can she go 5 words without saying "bitch"?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:13 am

Hawaii Girl wrote:I just watched the first episode and I don’t think I can get through this season if Mary is there the entire time. The way she talks about the other women is horrible. Can she go 5 words without saying "bitch"?!

She was apparently apologising to Abbie today for comments she made during the episode (link) which is just another sign she gets to the end IMO.  If she left early she'd be owning her "bitch please" persona but being a finalist she doesn't need to and is probably looking to re-work her image a little IMO.  

I agree though, not a fan of the swearing and wasn't on Matt's season either (her "sass queen" persona always seemed a bit put on to me).  Some women resort to that kind of attitude as a defense mechanism IMO - will be interesting to see if Mary changes her tune (or gets a different edit) as the season goes on.

ETA: Preview for tonight

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:54 am

leavers wrote:
Bobette wrote:@Agent99 I'm only half way through and she has already:

Alllll this. It's why when I see people on twitter saying that criticising her is sexist, I'm like but where? Abbie is the ultimate anti-feminist herself.

IMO obvs

OMG I’m only half way through and I cannot even get how unaware and self centered Abbie is. It’s all true that she is looking for men’s attention and specifically sex, as approval or validation and it’s kind of sad and requires therapy. BUT it’s another thing to be so blinded by her unmet needs that she is unkind and deliberately bashing other women and even the show ( with her not so subtle comments about the coming contestants and ‘HER’ limited choices) it’s like she expected to be treated like a queen bee where everyone is after her and wants her. ( including production probably) but she is NOT a friendly person at all. That’s where Brittany, who has her own insecurities and is certainly very loud in showing them, is still more pleasant and respectful to others. She gets on my nerve with her antics and yet she is not mean and doesn’t attack others like Abbie does. So far anyway, I think Abbie has shown another probably, more real side of herself, and edit or not, they are given plenty of material to use that reflects poorly on her. And if she dares complain, which she most likely would, it will prove how immature and unable to grow she really is.
What I like about BIP is the context that allows us to get to see and know most participants in a more natural way, they spend more time getting to know each and in an informal setting, and its pretty visible when they have games or strategies. We see more personality traits then the short amount of time in their respective season for most of them. I saw that all these grown ups, (many more than 30 year olds) that let’s face it came to BIP as an “ opportunity “ for $ and shilling, and a nice vacation,  FIRST and finding “love” second or third. It looked like a bunch if shy high schoolers with all the guys on one side and the women on the other. Who was even mingling to chat and get acquainted? You can tell, they all have ‘ a person or two “ in mind...it’s not like they plunge in the dating possibilities.
I think the dinner games will help bring some together and I’m looking forward to that.
All JMHO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:50 am

Hawaii Girl wrote:I just watched the first episode and I don’t think I can get through this season if Mary is there the entire time. The way she talks about the other women is horrible. Can she go 5 words without saying "bitch"?!

Yeah, the way Mary peppers 'bitch' throughout everything she says is just too much. The amount she says it makes me think it's not exactly spiteful, but she needs to drop it from her vocabulary the way she uses it. It's not a full stop.
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1342

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:05 am

@Astrobach Unaware is a good description.  Hot tip Abbie - when you've shamelessly thrown yourself at someone to get them into bed and they're trying to stay so far away from you they're practically falling off the other side of the bed, it's not a great sign.

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 HX0mJLu

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 LKgD61A

bachelorinparadiseau - Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 7 KPENOjI

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 62 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise Australia - Season 3 - Episodes - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+21
Norcalgal
Sprite
GuardianAngel
Kas_256
LoveDovez
Vjeff
Genevieve Australia
blueblues
bachie.bachie
Sundy
ule101