SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by suzq Sun May 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Glad Rachel said something. I like Hannah, but that word is not okay to say even singing a song. I wonder how other people feel in Bachelor Nation about this. I wonder how Tyler feels about it? Matt James? I never understood why people seemed so taken with Hannah's friendship with Matt and some people even thinking they would a good couple. I never understood that and honestly, Hannah would be very lucky if Matt even wanted to be her friend anymore. Or Katie? Or Mike Johnson? All JMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 49 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by whit90 Sun May 17, 2020 9:03 pm

alwayscooking wrote:I hope everyone that is calling Hannah out on this has never listened/downloaded music with this type of language in it, by doing so they are equally as guilty, IMO.  By listening/downloading, whatever,  you are accepting it, and therefore perpetuating it.

What about her trying to blame Patrick and laughing at this ? Why give a apologize that will only last less than 24 hours ? I am not questioning you but there is more than her saying the N word. Plus this is not her first time saying things that hurt others. Her Asian comments and her comments about the coronavirus. If you study and listen why some musicians put the N word in their lyrics than you understand the message they are trying to say . IMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sun May 17, 2020 9:05 pm

suzq wrote:Glad Rachel said something.  I like Hannah, but that word is not okay to say even singing a song.  I wonder how other people feel in Bachelor Nation about this. I wonder how Tyler feels about it?  Matt James?  I never understood why people seemed so taken with Hannah's friendship with Matt and some people even thinking they would a good couple.  I never understood that and honestly, Hannah would be very lucky if Matt even wanted to be her friend anymore. Or Katie? Or Mike Johnson?  All JMO.  

Matt did a IG story with a bible verse and a bee in it so I thinking he is trying to support her in his own way. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun May 17, 2020 9:06 pm

alwayscooking wrote:I hope everyone that is calling Hannah out on this has never listened/downloaded music with this type of language in it, by doing so they are equally as guilty, IMO.  By listening/downloading, whatever,  you are accepting it, and therefore perpetuating it.

But why is Hannah as a self professed Christian listening to songs with offensive lyrics, can that be addressed instead of blaming the artist who did not force anyone to download his music? Please let’s not make this about the song and hold people responsible for their actions. Others in the franchise get called out for less. Also this is the second time for Hannah on a matter like this. Same excuses made for her that she was just repeating a joke about Asians and beauty salons that Asians themselves make. Hannah has a good heart but she is not above being called out for a misstep, she just needs to show going forward that she can learn and do better but not if her stans continue to validate her missteps by making her feel she is untouchable & also attacking folks that provide constructive feedback on SM platforms.......all jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sun May 17, 2020 9:09 pm

@whit90 Maybe Matt was saying something to be supportive, but I have a hard time believing that he still wasn't bothered by it even if he is her friend. IMO.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun May 17, 2020 9:40 pm

suzq wrote:@whit90  Maybe Matt was saying something to be supportive, but I have a hard time believing that he still wasn't bothered by it even if he is her friend.  IMO.
Matt pretty much said give her grace.  He didn’t say it was okay or he wasn’t hurt by it.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun May 17, 2020 10:59 pm

That's disappointing. Hannah should have taken Rachel up on it, imo. It could have been a learning experience for her and others. I always remember when we first moved to Nashville from Canada and hearing a soccer mom casually use it at a game. We were shocked to say the least.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by alwayscooking Sun May 17, 2020 11:42 pm

mercieme wrote:

But why is Hannah as a self professed Christian listening to songs with offensive lyrics, can that be addressed instead of blaming the artist who did not force anyone to download his music?  Please let’s not make this about the song and hold people responsible for their actions. Others in the franchise get called out for less. Also this is the second time for Hannah on a matter like this. Same excuses made for her that she was just repeating a joke about Asians and beauty salons that Asians themselves make. Hannah has a good heart but she is not above being called out for a misstep, she just needs to show going forward that she can learn and do better but not if her stans continue to validate her missteps by making her feel she is untouchable & also attacking folks that provide constructive feedback on SM platforms.......all jmho.

I have no idea what Hannah has said in the past, my point was simply on this issue.  It's okay for the musician to use this word in the song, but not okay for someone to sing that song?   It's acceptable for some to say certain words but others can't?    Hannah is being called a racist for repeating the lyrics of this song, I guess we should call the musician one as well.

I am of the firm belief that we are all equal.  As I said in my first post, I have never nor will never use that word and I don't understand why it's acceptable in music.  Hannah was being called out because she's white, and she can't use that word, even if the words aren't hers, but lyrics of a song.  If certain words are so offensive then they shouldn't be used by anyone, in music or whatever. If it's unacceptable for some it should be unacceptable for all.

alwayscooking
alwayscooking

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun May 17, 2020 11:51 pm

Black artists can use that word because they are taking back ownership/control of a word that was and still is used to demean, dehumanize and insult them. People who are not black cannot use that word without bringing up the terrible meaning of it. Therefore, it isn’t acceptable. Black artists are able to express themselves with the use of the word.

I feel like I’m doing a terrible job explaining this because as a white woman I do not fully understand the true impact of the word and the deep seeded meaning to black people. Hopefully someone with more knowledge and understanding than me can explain it better.

ETA: just listen to Rachel’s live from today. It’s short and to the point.

Last edited by umngirl on Mon May 18, 2020 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 49 87b72b10 Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 49 86669110 Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 49 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Mon May 18, 2020 12:04 am

alwayscooking wrote:
mercieme wrote:

But why is Hannah as a self professed Christian listening to songs with offensive lyrics, can that be addressed instead of blaming the artist who did not force anyone to download his music?  Please let’s not make this about the song and hold people responsible for their actions. Others in the franchise get called out for less. Also this is the second time for Hannah on a matter like this. Same excuses made for her that she was just repeating a joke about Asians and beauty salons that Asians themselves make. Hannah has a good heart but she is not above being called out for a misstep, she just needs to show going forward that she can learn and do better but not if her stans continue to validate her missteps by making her feel she is untouchable & also attacking folks that provide constructive feedback on SM platforms.......all jmho.

I have no idea what Hannah has said in the past, my point was simply on this issue.  It's okay for the musician to use this word in the song, but not okay for someone to sing that song?   It's acceptable for some to say certain words but others can't?    Hannah is being called a racist for repeating the lyrics of this song, I guess we should call the musician one as well.

I am of the firm belief that we are all equal.  As I said in my first post, I have never nor will never use that word and I don't understand why it's acceptable in music.  Hannah was being called out because she's white, and she can't use that word, even if the words aren't hers, but lyrics of a song.    If certain words are so offensive then they shouldn't be used by anyone, in music or whatever.  If it's unacceptable for some it should be unacceptable for all.  

Rachel explains this clearly in her live.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 18, 2020 12:15 am

This post is how she really felt IMO. It sounds like a 4 year old throwing a tantrum. Say whatever you want about me, I didn't say that word, I don't think I said that word. How do you not know if you said it?
Now lets get to important things like skin care. IMO You don't "accidentally" say a word that you would never say. If I'm reading lyrics and I see that word, my tongue would not touch the roof of my mouth to even start saying the word because I would never say it.

notarose wrote:“After a bit, she starts noticing comments calling her out for saying the N-word and gives a lukewarm apology while laughing, saying, "I did? I'm so sorry...I don't think...Maybe it was Patrick [her brother]. Um, anyway..."

But it seems like viewers keep commenting about it, cause a few minutes later Hannah addresses it again, saying:

I really don't think I said that word, I don't think I said that word, but now I'm like, oh god. I'd never use that word. I've never called anybody that. We don't say that word....So, you know what, I'm going to stay here, and y'all can think I said whatever I did or think I'm something I'm not, but I'm not that...Look, people are going to want to think whatever they want to think of me, get mad at me, whatever. And even if I did accidentally say it, I'm very sorry, I was singing a song and not even thinking.”

And then she goes on to talk about her favorite skin care products
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a32548596/hannah-brown-n-word-video-twitter-reaction/

She had multiple opportunities during her live to understand the gravity based on fan comments and to use those opportunities to be humble.
JMO her PR will do damage control.

This is only after getting so much backlash IMO. I have always thought she is so immature for her age. She comes across so childish and this is just another example of how she handles adversity. The term was used during a time of slavery, it has a very negative connotation towards black people. If black people want to use it, in songs that's their prerogative. I'm of Italian heritage, if I wanted to call someone a wop it's my prerogative, I would never, but for a non Italian to call an Italian a wop is a very derogatory use of slang. All my opinions.  

bluwavz wrote:Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 49 214ba710

https://www.instagram.com/stories/hannahbrown/

ETA: just listened to Rachel's IG. Well said. All people in this world need to stand up for themselves otherwise they just get away with it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Mon May 18, 2020 12:37 am

Tyler said some things on his Instagram on this if someone wants to bring it over.

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 80 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess