SELECT CONTENT

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Page 55 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 55 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 20, 2020 8:05 pm

@Idlemess thank you for sharing your personal stories.

We've be learning for 100's of years, it's sad there are some who just don't feel any empathy for those that suffered before us and those that continue to suffer with the use of such derogatory vocabulary.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 55 Empty Re: Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

Post by Ilo Wed May 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Can Hannah just post an apology video? I'm kinda tired of having other people speak of her and walk all over her. She's such a strong girl and I honestly believe in her. She can honestly own this up. I don't know why it's taking her this long. If her PR agency is telling her not to then they're weak and stupid for letting her not to. She can't give up just like that. smh.

Ilo

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 pm

I'm a light skinned Latina, without a discernible accent and a good command of the English language. The "chica" in my screen name is a nod to my heritage / ethnicity. It is a term of endearment or an insult, depending on intent and who is directing it at me. I'm considered a WOC by government standards, regardless of how I self-identify. Because of my ethnicity some assume I'm a flirt, no morals, a gold digger, dumb, will talk loud and dress sleazy, have illegitimate kids... I'm none of those things. My mom and abuela when through so much, though it's a little easier for me.

I'm married to a man of color - black, African-American, etc. He and I are ok with any of those terms, but never the N word. From any one. Now if another POC calls him "my ****a" or similar it's fine. If you're "white", don't even try it because we NOT cool like that. Complicated for some but if you know, you know. HB doesn't know IMO.

I said in an earlier post that IMO cultural awareness is complicated. Our son is HB's age, so we deal with it ALL as a family. Bi-racial or "mixed" kids have a special set of challenges. They aren't white enough for some that share their race and aren't black enough for some that share their race. We'd be happier if he leaned more towards old-school music like we do, but DaBaby is more his taste.

My husband wasn't hurt, angry, offended or affected in any way by HB stumbling over Rockstar lyrics. My son wasn't either. They (and I) are more concerned with the Breonna Taylors, Ahmaud Arberys and Botham Jeans of the world. A WOC that's an attorney with a federal judge for a father could certainly use her huge platform to speak on those subjects and not simply post a pic on her IG. But that's all just my opinion.

Last edited by FLChica on Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed May 20, 2020 9:20 pm

@FLChica, I assume you mean Rachel as the WOC with a federal judge as a father....so just a slight correction that not only did Rachel address the Amaud Arberry case and asked people to sign the petition to have the alleged killers arrested, she & Bryan also did an IG Live with another lawyer on the issue, IGTV link below
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B_-V4cQnI6U/

I am not trying to change your mind on how you feel about Rachel but it’s a fact that she has used her platform to address micro inequities on many issues & not just racial topics so just wanted to correct the notion that she does or has not.......TYIA

Last edited by mercieme on Wed May 20, 2020 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Wed May 20, 2020 9:20 pm

@FLChica Rachel has done plenty on her platform to speak out against social injustices likes those of Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor. She didn't simply change her profile picture. From her IG stories, she has been making calls and using her voice to make sure justice has been served in the Ahmaud case. Rachel has used her platform to raise awareness time and time again, a lot more than others in BN.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 20, 2020 9:34 pm

I like how Rachel managed to say Peloton 3x in less than 3 minutes when she addressed how her "close" friend Hannah didn't want to talk to her about the issue. I understand she's offended but I don't understand why she might think Hannah should be talking to her immediately. And this all happened before Hanna issued her 'half-hearted' apology.

I'm still waiting for Hannah's real apology. I don't know what she and her PR team is waiting for. Does she need Olivia Pope to fix it for her?

Back to top Go down

Post by dee Wed May 20, 2020 9:38 pm

Rachel made her IG live after Hannah issued her apology on IG stories.
dee
dee

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed May 20, 2020 9:45 pm

I just implore all to resort to facts with this ongoing issue. It does not help IMO to state things that are simply not true. Nick V was attacked so viciously on his IG platform all for trying to be a white ally on this matter. I understand some folks may not like that some BN folks are speaking up but it’s not the time IMO to continue to add fuel to the fire by stating non facts...jmho.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed May 20, 2020 10:37 pm

Thank you for sharing that information @mercieme. I don't have feelings either way for Rachel or most of the other BN participants once they leave my TV screen. As a Latina, I'm thrilled that Bryan has proven the doubters wrong when they gave him the "player" label because of his ethnicity. Seemed like blue-eyed white Peter was the fan fave Rachel's season, just as blue-eyed white Chris was vs. Roberto Martinez in Ali's season.

I don't follow Rachel on all of her various SM platforms, but in following the Jean & Taylor cases hadn't seen a mention of her "support" in any way. I'm always very careful to differentiate between my opinion and facts when posting and bolded that in my previous post. I have no issue with Rachel calling out HB, but she doesn't get to define the terms for HB to address her poor choice.

My main point here in Hannah's thread is addressing her lack of cultural awareness. Because I have first hand knowledge of these issues, I offered the insight of myself and my family.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed May 20, 2020 10:52 pm

Let's keep the topic focused on Hannah without bringing other contestants and their seasons into the mix. TY

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed May 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Hannah may be plotting out her video apology but she should have already come out and told her rabid fans to stop attacking POC contestants and those who are calling out Hannah. Those fans are downright ridiculous and showing they are ignorant as well. JMO

Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 55 87b72b10 Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 55 86669110 Bachelorette - Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2 - Page 55 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by wishesfireworks Wed May 20, 2020 11:58 pm

Hannah's fans attacking and sending racist messages to people like Rachel more than Hannah says everything you need to know. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rachel was getting more hate than Hannah while her racist fans defend her every move because they worship the ground she stands on. I saw a comment today that was saying Rachel should mind her business. I bet Rachel wish she could too. But if she says nothing, people will attack her, and if she says anything, Hannah's fans go attacking her. Black people shouldn't be responsible for educating racists on why that word is inappropriate to use. The fact that Hannah hasn't told her fans to stop attacking people says so much about her. The fact that she refused to talk with Rachel says so much about how selfish and entitled she is. Not only would it have been a good PR move to talk to Rachel, but she completely dismissed Rachel's suggestion of making an apology on cam and not a half-assed story that lasts 24 hours.

I can't say that I'm surprised about the stories from DWTS about her being a diva either and the cast/judges not liking her. The fact that she barely has any friends in Bachelor nation says a lot about her too. She's not friends with any of the past Bachelorette leads. The sad truth is that this show has always been racist. Just look at Chris saying how they'd use a black Bachelor if they were spectacular, outstanding, etc. Look at the kind of white guys that have gotten the leads in the past. Jake Pavelka, Arie, Peter, you get the point. A lot of the show's fans are racist too. It's just a stone cold fact. Think about why Rachel has so little followers compared to other female leads? Why Caila made it to the top 4 and has the perfect instagram aesthetic but has less followers than the other girls on her season. Sorry for getting off topic, but until the show changes and brings some diversity and discusses real topics on it's show, future contestants will still act like this and the fanbase will keep on defending their golden contestants. Hannah deserves to lose sponsors and followers over this. It's the only way it'll "affect" her for real. Peter lost thousands of followers after him and Kelly became official, but Hannah has remained at a steady 2.8 m followers.

Sorry for this post being so long and slightly going off topic, but just sick and tired of this. I feel more sorry for Rachel and other POC contestants because they have to deal with this crap all the time. Whether Hannah posts a new apology or not, it will not be genuine. She's simply saving face and doesn't care or she would've addressed it by now.

This is all JMO and not an attack on anyone even Hannah, She's an adult and needs to take responsibility of her actions especially since it has caused many other contestants to receive hate when they did nothing wrong.

wishesfireworks

Female Posts : 708

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 55 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 67 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Hannah Brown - Bachelorette 15 - Discussion #2

+77
CHO
iamreal2u
River57
Ilo
Idlemess