SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by Sprite Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:45 pm

You just can't fix stupid. These are the people who will kill you.

https://www.facebook.com/NeighbourhoodWatchBrampton/videos/148415303216160/

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:51 pm

@Sprite Good! I hope they get fined the max!

Who is that speaking? I follow Peel Police on twitter but I'm not sure who that is.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:58 pm

Really interesting read: Official Counts Understate the U.S. Coronavirus Death Toll

Summary: Some undertakers and other officials are reconsidering if deaths from influenza and pneumonia as far back as February and early March were actually COVID. If so, the true death rate is higher than reported both here and across the world. Far more people have, therefore, been exposed to COVID than may realize prior to stay-at-home directives. hmmm
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:07 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Sprite Good! I hope they get fined the max!

Who is that speaking? I follow Peel Police on twitter but I'm not sure who that is.

That is Patrick Brown the mayor of Brampton.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:22 pm

@veg_out I'm sure that's the case, I have no doubt IMHO.

@Sprite I knew he looked familiar! but couldn't place him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:26 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@HavaDrPepper the roommate's g/f  just took it upon herself to travel with the couple for a friggn visit when there is a pandemic going on especially in NYC??

I cannot believe the number of people out and about. At this point, I'd like to see the whole North America, shut down. Get what you need for the next two weeks and stay home otherwise get fined.

They are starting to fine people in Toronto. Parks etc are closed and people are still driving around, parking their cars and strolling around.

The roommates girlfriend came to Columbus to be with the boyfriend, not to travel with my neighbor.

My neighbor and his fiancee got out of there so they didn't have to be around her. My neighbor had little notice that she was coming. He and his fiancee had only planned to spend this week between Palm Sunday and Easter with his parents. They have been limiting their contact with only those in the same household during this time. They may stay longer because of the girlfriend having been in his living space during this time.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:29 am

veg_out wrote:Really interesting read: Official Counts Understate the U.S. Coronavirus Death Toll

Summary: Some undertakers and other officials are reconsidering if deaths from influenza and pneumonia as far back as February and early March were actually COVID. If so, the true death rate is higher than reported both here and across the world. Far more people have, therefore, been exposed to COVID than may realize prior to stay-at-home directives. hmmm

I have no doubt about the death count being higher as I have no doubt there are cases that have not yet been confirmed.

I also have no doubt that the numbers coming out of China are way understated.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:48 am

HavaDrPepper wrote:Tom Hanks' son, Colin also has the instructions for doing a mask out of a bandana.  (Not sure how to post IG links so just putting the url here).

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-k49ZlDopE/

On another note, my neighbor's son and his fiancee came in last night. His dad told me on Thursday they were coming for a week.  When I was talking to him across the yards, I mentioned that I heard they were here for a week.  He said it may be longer.  Apparently his roommate's girlfriend came for a visit... from New York City.

Kaleb and Emily are not thrilled at all because Kaleb's roommate didn't tell him she was coming until last minute.  They don't want to be around her because she has been in NYC this whole time.  So Kaleb and Emily brought the dog and are here to stay for awhile.

Oh yeah, Ohio put the 14 day quarantine into effect for any one coming into the state from another state. The only exception are those that live/work in an adjoining state.  That happens all the time in Cincinnati and Toledo areas. Actually I have a friend that lives 2 miles from the Ohio-Michigan border (in Michigan) and works in Toledo. So she crosses the border every day.  Her DH is retired but works part time at Costco, also in Toledo.  They would be exempt from the 14 day quarantine.  But Kaleb's roommate's girlfriend... nope, not exempt. She needs to be in quarantine for 14 days.

Ok got it.

Speaking of coming into the state from another state, we have a lot of medical professionals that live near border towns and cross the border each day, Windsor Ontario/Michigan Niagara Region into NYS Buffalo Niagara Falls. Some work part time in Canada and pick up part time hours in the USA. I figured they were going to do something about that. This has to cause a lot of stress on them to have to make a choice. General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 18 3552228123

Ontario hospitals ban health-care workers from criss-crossing borders to work
A massive surge in COVID-19 cases in Michigan is prompting Ontario border cities to confront difficult questions about how to reduce the spread of disease in hundreds of Canadian health-care professionals who work in the United States.

Michigan had more than 15,700 confirmed cases of COVID-19 as of Sunday, surpassing the total number of cases in Canada. At least 617 people had died of COVID-19 in Michigan, nearly triple the 233 deaths in Canada.

The growing outbreak has prompted some border city hospitals in places such as Windsor, Ont., and Sault Ste. Marie, Ont,, to adopt new policies in recent days that bar employees from working on both sides of the border.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-ontario-cities-ban-health-care-workers-from-crossing-borders-to-work/

Thousands Of Canadians Are Crossing The Border To Help The US Respond To The Coronavirus Outbreak
There are 1,500 to 2,000 health care workers living in Windsor, Ontario, who regularly cross the border to work in the Detroit area.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/emmaloop/coronavirus-canada-detroit-health-care-workers

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:31 pm

And now some good news from John Krasinski

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5305

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Amid all the deaths, you would think that government officials would learn, but clearly they are not. I just can't...  :angryemotion  :headbanging

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/stupid-and-crazy-local-officials-protest-gov-kemps-decision-to-reopen-beaches-in-hard-hit-georgia/ar-BB12e0jp?ocid=spartanntp#image=BBZaM5o|2

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:47 pm

@Norcalgal That was good. laugh out loud

@Sprite Sometimes I think I'm on another planet. For someone to make that decision I can't help think there is more to the story and probably has something to do with the quotes IMHO. Otherwise why wouldn't the fact that Georgia is pushing close to 7000 confirmed cases and has over 200 deaths be the number issue on this Governor's mind?? Same guy that said last Wednesday he didn't know you can be infected by those that are not showing symptoms and yet this decision is made by input from public health and emergency management officials??  The whole world is on lockdown, and this guy just found out last Wednesday? Does he not care what's happening in the whole country? what kind of public health and emergency officials are they? Obviously not very smart and way over paid.  

Murphy also told the Times-Union that Kemp’s order came just days after the commission ordered beaches on privately owned Sea Island to close. The timing was “interesting,” he said, because the island’s billionaire owner, Philip Anschutz, is a major Republican donor. Sen. David Perdue (R), a prominent Kemp ally, also has a home there. A spokesman for Kemp told the paper that there was no connection.

and where are these people coming from???

“In my opinion, they just loaded a gun and pointed it at the beach,” Keith Gay, who owns a vacation rental company in Tybee Island, told WSAV. “I hope I’m wrong but, when they put the stay-in-place rule, the weekend following that, we had 9,000 cars on the island. Every restaurant, every bar and beach were completely slammed. This is after there had been a national warning and a state warning about social distancing.”

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/stupid-and-crazy-local-officials-protest-gov-kemps-decision-to-reopen-beaches-in-hard-hit-georgia/ar-BB12e0jp?ocid=spartanntp#image=BBZaM5o|2

If anyone can tell me why this is a good idea while there are close to 7000 infected and rising in Georgia, I'd be interested in hearing it.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:19 pm

All I know is that many of my scrapbooking friends that live in Georgia are livid about how the governor is handling things. Thankfully they have common sense and have stayed in place without being told to.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat - #2

+24
Fleurdesel
Doats