SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by HavaDrPepper Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@HavaDrPepper I am more interested in the number tested vs the positives and negatives. The number of new cases is interesting but it's got to be put in context with a bigger picture. Those numbers are not being released.

Oh, no doubt, I agree. But Ohio is not releasing those numbers as they don't want the citizens of Ohio to focus on testing. They don't have enough tests to test everyone that thinks they have it. As I said above, Ohio got their first kits and they were the ones that couldn't be used. They had to wait almost a month for more kits before they could even start testing.

Dr. Amy emphasized on 3/18/20 that the testing capacity is limited in the state. They just don't have the number needed so they don't want us to be fixated on testing. If you are feeling symptoms, act like you have it and follow all protocols (self-quarantine at home with all people in the home doing so as well). If your symptoms worsen, call your doctor/provider. If you have difficulty breathing... get thee to the ER. They are reserving the limited test for the sickest... the ones with the most severe symptoms.

In the beginning they were releasing the number of individuals "under investigation" but stopped that about a week ago. I'm guessing that might have been tests taken although it didn't directly state that. They stopped releasing the numbers for the number of negatives at the same time. The last stats for that were on 3/15: Confirmed were 37, Under Investigation were 361, Negative were 140. If those are numbers that total the number of tests run, you can see it is only 538. I am guessing that with the change in testing to only the sickest, the number of positives is probably a very high percentage of the actual tests run.

In the long run, everything they have done so far has been with the idea to "flatten the curve" in the state of Ohio. At this time, our hospitals can handle the patient load but like other states, supplies are in short supply.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 pm

Anyone aware that a HUGE column of TANKS just rolled in San Diego! speechless affraid

https://twitter.com/gelizabeths/status/1241165445836574720?s=20
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:04 am

@Astrobach what's that going to do? question

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:09 am

@GuardianAngel I am not sure but it CAN’T be good. Some have said that the elite are preparing to put Martial law on so that hey can exert even more control and taking advantage of the Covid crisis to start limiting every move we make.
It’s seems like a movie, a very scary one, except...it’s happening !
Alik Obama made a comment that said, ‘get ready for a ‘jolt’ ! ‘
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:14 am

@Astrobach a few weeks ago it was a hoax, today marshal law? I highly doubt that.

I suddenly need more TP. laugh out loud

If Canadians fail to self-isolate and practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, governments will force them to, Health Minister Patty Hajdu said on Saturday.

These measures prevent others from getting sick and will likely be needed for "months," Hajdu said, as researchers around the world race to find a cure for the deadly virus. They need to be followed, or else governments will step in to enforce them, she said.
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9912769-self-isolate-or-the-government-will-force-you-to-canada-s-health-minister-warns/#.Xnai2dIEXpU.twitter

There are millions who are self isolating and following the measures put in place, then you get those that just aren't being careful. I could see a total lockdown soon. Health Minister Patty is amazing, there are consistent updates with valuable information throughout the day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:26 am

@GuardianAngel i just heard from someone who has a brother in the National Guards and she said «  ‘ they’ve been training to go out just to keep the peace and make sure that people stay inside when the governors enact a shelter in place rule. They just don't want people to get violent out of fear. »
Last I checked, no other COUNTRIES have TANKS in the street to ensure the quarantine orders. This is NOT a good sign at all. Seriously.
I would hope it is not....but reality is telling me otherwise.
1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 3552228123 1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 3552228123
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:34 am

Astrobach wrote:@GuardianAngel i just heard from someone who has a brother in the National Guards and she said «  ‘ they’ve been training  to go out just to keep the peace and make sure that people stay inside when the governors enact a shelter in place rule.  They just don't want people to get violent out of fear. »
Last I checked, no other COUNTRIES have TANKS in the street to ensure the quarantine orders. This is NOT a good sign at all. Seriously.
1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 3552228123 1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 3552228123

In my personal opinion, I think more research needs to be done to verify this, before further panic ensues. I read through some of that twitter thread and a couple of others related, and I thought someone said they are not tanks, they are Humvees and this is normal for San Diego because of the military bases. I don’t know if it’s true about the National Guard, or if this is all a big rumor, but I would be very careful about what we are posting here before it gets out of control ... again JMHO

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:46 am

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 1f625

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 7 ETqjhrNXgAAgK_k

https://twitter.com/JSB_TV/status/1241456997259718656

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:48 am

@pikake it’s my last intention to create panic. But we also need to be ALERT AND AWAKE. Now more than ever people need to stay united and not be used. Forced Isolation makes for easier control and they can go overboard in abusing powers. Being careful and aware is necessary IMO.

ETA:This is an excellent article by the man who helped defeat smallpox. Worth the read.

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-interview-larry-brilliant-smallpox-epidemiologist/
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:36 am

I live in northern SD county and I have no idea what’s going on.

Now my kids are home, one of my younger son’s friends asked if he could come over to our house⋯

Of course NOT!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:10 am

I have been AWOL around here for a while. I am still working. Work at an accounting office providing what is deemed as a priority service. We have several companies that we are doing the payroll for and other various services. Because of that, we have done an impressive amount of ROE's the last week. We still have several companies as well as individuals that we are an advocate for with regards to getting help from the government of Canada.

We at the office aren't letting anyone in from the outside. We have implemented strict precautions with disinfecting us, our workspaces and since we have limited staff, social distancing is easier as we are one person per office.

IF we were to be shut down or someone gets sick in our office, so many others will suffer so we are very dilligent about what we do....so far....so good.

Hope everyone else is keeping safe and healthy out there.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10794

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:54 am

pikake wrote:
Astrobach wrote:@GuardianAngel i just heard from someone who has a brother in the National Guards and she said «  ‘ they’ve been training  to go out just to keep the peace and make sure that people stay inside when the governors enact a shelter in place rule.  They just don't want people to get violent out of fear. »

In my personal opinion, I think more research needs to be done to verify this, before further panic ensues.  I read through some of that twitter thread and a couple of others related, and I thought someone said they are not tanks, they are Humvees and this is normal for San Diego because of the military bases.  I don’t know if it’s true about the National Guard, or if this is all a big rumor, but I would be very careful about what we are posting here before it gets out of control ... again JMHO

I agree with @pikake. IMO this is just normal movement of military vehicles through a city that has a large military presence. Someone in the replies posted a map of all the military bases in the area... lots of them. The easiest way to move tanks and other military vehicles is by rail.

Heck, I see tanks on trains quite a bit as well since I live just 10 miles from the only facility to make the Army tanks. They put them on trains when finished to get to their destination. Interesting seeing them being made... I worked there in the mid 80's during the introduction of the M1A1 Abrams tank. Just this past year production was ramping up to deliver the M1A2 SEPv3 Abrams tank.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat - #2

+24
Fleurdesel
Doats