SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 8 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:37 am

GuardianAngel wrote:@Astrobach a few weeks ago it was a hoax, today marshal law? I highly doubt that.

I suddenly need more TP. laugh out loud

If Canadians fail to self-isolate and practice social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19, governments will force them to, Health Minister Patty Hajdu said on Saturday.

These measures prevent others from getting sick and will likely be needed for "months," Hajdu said, as researchers around the world race to find a cure for the deadly virus. They need to be followed, or else governments will step in to enforce them, she said.
https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/news-story/9912769-self-isolate-or-the-government-will-force-you-to-canada-s-health-minister-warns/#.Xnai2dIEXpU.twitter

There are millions who are self isolating and following the measures put in place, then you get those that just aren't being careful. I could see a total lockdown soon. Health Minister Patty is amazing, there are consistent updates with valuable information throughout the day.

@Guardian Angel

This is ALL IMO:
It was never a hoax. Only fools believed that lie when we already knew people were dropping like flies in other countries. It was always extremely serious since 2019 when it was named. People paying attention have understood that for at least a couple of months. Everything we're doing is very little and too late because we have so few tests and so many unknowingly infected and infecting.

Getting through this requires us to be smart enough to listen ONLY to people who are genuine experts in medicine and other fields. Forget about money and stock markets and businesses because all three will suffer and nothing will prevent it so, it’s stupid to throw borrowed money at a problem that cannot be solved before we even know the magnitude or the result. In any case, it is small business that fuels the economy. They should be the priority when we rebuild. Right now is about PEOPLE. It is about our survival - it’s about people, especially our most vulnerable, our neighbors and all those we love. People who believe in God should pray for ourselves and each other. I pray for us all.

We Americans alive today have never been in this place, ever. We are not all reacting well. As time goes on, things will get worse and then eventually, better. Most of us are strong and resilient and in time we will have a new normal and pick up and rebuild and move on. The human spirit is not easily defeated when it is strong. We may very well need the military for the weak, the conspiracy theorists, the bullies, the criminals and the fools. We have our fair share of those and this same internet fuels them. Someone will need to check them. All IMO.

Meanwhile, I’m enjoying my time here. Thank you for all your hard work to make this a safe and comfortable environment for sharing easy fun. Thank you to all the mods and posters. Be well.

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:43 am

On the bright side of this whole crisis, this is from my hometown.

https://www.hometownstations.com/news/a-diner-in-wapakoneta-goes-viral-after-lending-a-helping/article_27ec19ae-6bdb-11ea-94e4-dfdcd65781e5.html

Side note about this place... I worked there back in 1973 while in high school. The owner mentioned in this article is the daughter of the man who managed it when I worked there. It was a chain restaurant at the time and he worked his way up the corporate ladder to a regional manager. In the early 80's he bought this restaurant and it is the only one still around.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by pikake Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:59 am

Here’s What Calling in the National Guard Means

The coronavirus outbreak has prompted dozens of governors to activate the National Guard. The sight of troops has stoked fears of a military-enforced quarantine, but the orders have been more mundane................

I’m sorry but I can’t link from my device, but this was from the NY TIMES yesterday, so you can Google it to see the various tasks the National Guard can assist with. It’s comforting to know how supportive they are in times of a crisis.

pikake

Female Posts : 977

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:26 pm

I am so grateful for technology.

Gathering of more than 10 is banned here in SD, but thanks to Zoom, I can still attend virtual church services. A bit of normalcy in this abnormal time.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:33 pm

@Chgohighlife Totally agree with your post. I know it was never a hoax, just stating that if it was broadcasted as a hoax I doubted Marshall law would be in effect.

@sdmom So glad your boys are home.

@Aunties_Love It's impossible to get on EI site. I'm in a unclarified situation but I plan on trying to apply for the Self Employed program. I need to get my ROE from a former employer, but now am considered self employed. I've paid into EI since I was 16 years old. I've collected once, 37 years ago when I was on mat leave for 3 months. That's it! Surely I should qualify for something! I'm very frightened, I admit.

Thanks to all of you for making this place a good distraction for me. bestbud!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:15 pm

pikake wrote:Here’s What Calling in the National Guard Means

The coronavirus outbreak has prompted dozens of governors to activate the National Guard. The sight of troops has stoked fears of a military-enforced quarantine, but the orders have been more mundane................

I’m sorry but I can’t link from my device, but this was from the NY TIMES yesterday, so you can Google it to see the various tasks the National Guard can assist with. It’s comforting to know how supportive they are in times of a crisis.

In Ohio they are going to be transporting, packaging, and distributing food to homes in vulnerable areas, community-based locations, and partner agencies in rural counties. Food banks are one of the locations they are helping at because a lot of them are staffed by volunteers that are older. Those are the individuals that need to stay home.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:34 pm

Astrobach wrote:@pikake it’s my last intention to create panic. But we also need to be ALERT AND AWAKE. Now more than ever people need to stay united and not be used. Forced Isolation makes for easier control and they can go overboard in abusing powers. Being careful and aware is necessary IMO.

ETA:This is an excellent article by the man who helped defeat smallpox. Worth the read.

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-interview-larry-brilliant-smallpox-epidemiologist/

@Astrobach
I don’t understand. The only thing we have worth controlling is money and property. If your money is in the bank “they” already control it and you’re in your house with your family protecting your home and valuables. So, what are we worried about the national guard controlling?

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:44 pm

Well, effective 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 23, Ohio is under "Stay At Home" orders aka shelter in place until April 6. It will be looked at again at that time. There are exceptions and this is pretty much what the governor has been saying all along. This order signed by Dr Amy Acton, Director of Ohio Department of Health and local health departments can enforce these orders.

Cases increased by over 100 in the last 24 hours in Ohio. No more deaths, more counties have cases (44 out of 88). These are only the cases that have actually been reported to the state. Many more are likely already in the state.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:05 pm

I'm sure Canada will be heading that way, my opinion.

Not a good day for Ontario. sad

13 Toronto health-care workers test positive for COVID-19, as city reports 1st death from outbreak
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-public-health-workers-test-positive-covid-19-1.5506261?cmp=

@CTVToronto
1h1 hour ago

York Region health officials have reported a COVID-19 outbreak at a seniors’ home in Markham.
https://twitter.com/CTVToronto

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:13 pm

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 8 2764

Mayor Diodati is the mayor of Niagara Falls Canada. A cancer survivor he developed symtoms a couple of weeks ago after returning from Washington. Thankfully test results were negative.

https://twitter.com/jimdiodati

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:34 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:@Chgohighlife Totally agree with your post. I know it was never a hoax, just stating that if it was broadcasted as a hoax I doubted Marshall law would be in effect.

@sdmom So glad your boys are home.

@Aunties_Love It's impossible to get on EI site. I'm in a unclarified situation but I plan on trying to apply for the Self Employed program. I need to get my ROE from a former employer, but now am considered self employed. I've paid into EI since I was 16  years old. I've collected once, 37 years ago when I was on mat leave for 3 months. That's it! Surely I should qualify for something! I'm very frightened, I admit.

Thanks to all of you for making this place a good distraction for me.  bestbud!

Hey GA, with the bolded, what I can tell you is that if you enroll for something called My Account(it is a place where you can access your previous tax returns, t4's, other tax matters.....) in that spot is where you will find an enrollment process after April 1 for self employed. I just don't know exactly all the processes and stuff needed to qualify. This last week personally I made 64 ROE's and half of those were by hand in triplicate with different parts to quantify different restrictions and needs. What a busy week. Here I am griping about all I am doing and I still have a job..pls someone slap my proverbial knuckles......In a way, I can understand with some people in the medical profession when they say how hard it is to see how some lives are being affected. I am seeing another part of the spectrum where there are some that are losing their jobs and have no recourse for action.

All I can say is to be safe everyone, keep your loved ones informed and safe as well! homes like this one and facebook is allowing me to interact and find out how everyone is doing.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:39 pm

@Aunties_Love thanks, I never thought of going to CRA's My account. I've been set up on that for years. I'll check it out.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down