SELECT CONTENT

General Chit Chat - #2

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 9 Empty Re: General Chit Chat - #2

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:09 am

My cousin in FL just posted on FB that the father of one of their daughter's good friend has passed away in Ohio from COVID-19. So that is #4. She said they also became friends with them during the daughter's years together in school but they had lost touch when they left Toledo for Florida 20 years ago. I'm guessing he is probably in his late 60's/early 70's.

On another note, my friend that has been in Australia for the past 10 days posted earlier that she was on a flight from Sydney to LAX. She also said that there will be flights to San Francisco the rest of this week from Sydney, then no more flights. She will be spending some time in quarantine when she does make it back to Ohio. I'm pretty sure she can work from home, she just won't be able to go to any work sites her county crews are working on. She is the County Engineer and responsible for all road projects etc for her county.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Today, 3/23, is my son’s 23th birthday.

I am so glad he’s home even though we won’t be able to do anything to celebrate. My husband wanted to get a cake and I said NO. Just stay inside.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:19 pm

Happy birthday @sdmom 's son! hbbanner

Easy cake recipe

IngredientsIngredient
1 cup white sugar
½ cup butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk

DirectionsInstructions
Step 1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.

Step 2
In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.

Step 3
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.

You can top this with whatever you have on hand. Icing sugar and water mix would be the easiest.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17481/simple-white-cake/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Canadians are entering their second week of "Go Home and Stay Home" with urgent messages to those returning from March break to go home. Do not stop for groceries, get family to help and self isolate.

Sadly 503 of those infected are in my province which is  now the highest province count, with 8 deaths. I read somewhere we are close to 100,000 tests but now I can't find it. I know last week we were at 53,000 tested.

1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 9 Captu244

https://globalnews.ca/news/6649164/canada-coronavirus-cases/

https://globalnews.ca/news/6716919/trudeau-canada-update-coronavirus-march-23/?utm_source=%40globalnews&utm_medium=Twitter

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:19 pm

@GuardianAngel I have no idea what the latest numbers are here. I'm trying to concentrate on London.

I had to go out yesterday on my one day off to pick up my prescription. I just used the drive thru and didn't even go in the store.

Today I am back to work and am going to try to convince my manager to set up online grocery shopping for our house using the agency credit card. (Lots of safety in place because some dumb a**es stole from the most vulnerable so they don't even have debit or pin #s.) That way they won't have to go to the bank and I won't have to go out as much and can pay back by writing cheques to the agency. Fingers crossed they realize the sensibility of my plan!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:40 pm

@Sprite Good idea. My friends returned from Florida last Monday and that's what they did. They are self isolating for two weeks. They ordered groceries online, I think they said Costco, they drove up popped the trunk and someone came out and put it all in their trunk without getting out.

The people that brought it out wore protection.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:18 pm

My friend that was in Australia got a flight out yesterday and now is on a flight from LAX to DCA. From there she will be on a flight to DAY. Getting home just in time for the stay at home in Ohio... although because she was out of the country she will be in quarantine for 14 days.

Stats just posted for Ohio:
Confirmed cases: 442 (increase of 91)
Number of counties out of 88: 46 (I saw reports on a local news channel that an adjoining county has their first case)
Hospitalizations: 104
Number of deaths: 6

We have been told to expect the increase in cases so I'm not surprised.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:23 pm

@HavaDrPepper glad your friend got a flight.

Airlines are working to get as many Canadians home as possible unless the country that their in closed their borders.

Our Premier just announced closing of all non essential business's to close as of midnight. A list of non essential to come. Totally expected and I'm sure further restrictions to come from the Federal government. Those selfish people that don't  understand the meaning of go home and stay home! 1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 9 2292733854

ETA: looking at lists of non essential business's, we've already done that so I don't think there will be any difference at this point.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Chgohighlife wrote:
Astrobach wrote:@pikake it’s my last intention to create panic. But we also need to be ALERT AND AWAKE. Now more than ever people need to stay united and not be used. Forced Isolation makes for easier control and they can go overboard in abusing powers. Being careful and aware is necessary IMO.

ETA:This is an excellent article by the man who helped defeat smallpox. Worth the read.

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-interview-larry-brilliant-smallpox-epidemiologist/

@Astrobach
I don’t understand. The only thing we have worth controlling is money and property. If your money is in the bank “they” already control it and you’re in your house with your family protecting your home and valuables. So, what are we worried about the national guard controlling?

First I am not saying that the National Guard IS the one controlling. They are just OBEYING ORDERS from the top.
Second, I have a different view on what is ‘ worth controlling ‘ I guess, because as far as I’m concerned money and property are not on the top of my list. Maybe because I have less and know that if I lost that it puts my life at higher risk of dying out in the streets.
When families cannot be together, or have proper access to supplies, services and goods, or eat the food they need or want, when one cannot exercice his rights to think or do with his own free will what he wish.
When you are forced to be staying in your nice home with all the entertainment and news provided by others, who have an interest in you doing nothing to use your critical thinking and free will to have power over your own life, you are not in control anymore.
Because of what I have seen and experienced in the last few years, I do not have ANY trust in the decisions made ‘ at the top’ right now. The last few months are a scary illustration of how many lives are literally in danger and endangered by someone - along with his supporters- who is not only clueless but greedy and narcissistic, and who has shown time and time again that he misuses the powers vested into him. With more powers can come more abuse of the people’s choices and lives.
When ordinary people are forced to not be living the lives they choose because of someone dictating the rules by which we should live, that is a scary thought that goes against a healthy democracy.
When a national emergency like this unparalleled and unheard one strikes, it’s even more vital to stay alert and in solidarity to each other’s.

And today is the day to watch what unfolds with this decision. I’m only saying that we need to KEEP our own critical thinking and inner wisdom while following the local guidelines that are put in place to limit the damages.

All JMHO
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Astrobach Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:15 pm

On another note:
Just thought I’d share this very good advice:

Brand New Study Confirms: "What's Lacking in Those With Fatal Outcomes"
And now a new study just published in the peer-reviewed medical journal, Nature Medicine, certainly seems to support this.
Researchers from the University of Melbourne and the Royal Melbourne hospital tested blood samples at four different time points in an otherwise healthy woman in her 40s who presented with COVID-19.
From this, they were able to provide a detailed report of how the patient's immune system responded to the virus.
And to put it in direct terms -- the immune system certainly DID fight back.
"We looked at the whole breadth of the immune response in this patient using the knowledge we have built over many years of looking at immune responses in patients hospitalised with influenza," said Dr. Oanh Nguyen, one of the researchers and study authors. 
"Three days after the patient was admitted, we saw large populations of several immune cells, which are often a tell-tale sign of recovery during seasonal influenza infection, so we predicted that the patient would recover in three days, which is what happened."
And University of Melbourne Professor Katherine Kedzierska, a world-leading influenza immunology researcher involved in the study, said:
"We showed that even though COVID-19 is caused by a new virus, in an otherwise healthy person, a robust immune response across different cell types was associated with clinical recovery, similar to what we see in influenza."
"This is an incredible step forward in understanding what drives recovery of COVID-19,"  Kedzierska added.
"People can use our methods to understand the immune responses in larger COVID-19 cohorts, and also understand what's lacking in those who have fatal outcomes."

The Bottom Line is...
The smartest approach anyone can take to protect themselves against coronavirus and any pathogen (and, indeed, nearly every disease)...
IS to take constant steps to improve your immune system.
In my humble opinion, politicians and media truly dedicated to helping "We the people" SHOULD be shouting this from the rooftops right now.
Take the steps to eliminate the toxins that can compromise your immune system, such as in cosmetics, cleaning products, and indoor air.
Eat a diet high in whole plant-based and ideally organic foods.
Consider supplementing with high-quality vitamin C, probiotics, vitamin D, turmeric, and certain others that can provide strong support.
Greatly reduce or flat-out eliminate the fast food, processed junk, and sugary foods.
Get plenty of movement / exercise, and reduce chronic stress...
...Including disconnecting from the news about coronavirus when you need to and instead engaging in positive, growth-oriented experiences.

Be well everyone!
1 - General Chit Chat - #2 - Page 9 3552228123

https://theartofantiaging.com/summit-nonlaunch/
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:21 pm

They initially said children won't get the virus, there are children who have been infected, they said only those who travel get infected, there have been many who have not travelled and got infected. They confirmed it is now community spreading meaning there is no association with travel or anyone who was infected. They said only the elderly are vulnerable, there are teens, 20's 30's 40's 50's being infected and dying. They said you can get it from someone who cough's and sneezes and particles are airborne. Now they say those droplets can remain in the air for 3 hours and on surfaces two to three days.

Most people in other countries live a very healthy life style. Italians eat fresh food daily, no additives, it's not allowed in their country. They eat what they grow. The Mediterranean diet is famous not because it's a diet to loose weight in Italy, it's a way of living. A marathon runner who I would think is very healthy, believed to be patient one got infected and infected many more before he was tested. We all know what the death toll is in that country.

It's much simpler to say home.

Italy Source

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:47 pm

Yeah, everything that has happened has cemented the feeling of dread I had when I heard about it. I was always suspicious that we were not hearing the full truth from China. Still think that. Now, the whole world is paying for it.

Dr Amy confirmed today that a "less than one year old" infant is one of the positives in Ohio.

IMO

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

General Chit Chat - #2

+24
Fleurdesel