SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Page 25 of 55 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 40 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Idlemess Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:06 pm

Sharlene is great and in her summation the general public appreciated Ben and I guessed loved him. I liked Ben well enough to watch his season, but I think I liked Lauren more and watched to the bitter end. Ben was milky toast and the most confounding lead imo. Likeable but annoying .

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

tbt - The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion  - Page 25 Empty Re: The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

Post by Astrobach Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:52 pm

I just finished reading The Flare recap and as usual am divided in my thoughts about her take on Ben and his season. I like Sharleen, she is certainly eloquent and articulate which is a plus, especially when writing a column. She also has her own perspective and view on the show and its contestants because of her experience. She is rarely REALLY controversial or negative about the show’s production. Yes, she will mention some of the tricks that are used in editing or production but always in a very mild and non threatening way, diplomatically saving the goat and the cabbage so to speak.
As far as Ben, I agree more with @Sprite POV and for me, he was never a draw and his ‘ vanilla’ bland kind of niceness is not attractive to me. Yes, he seems to be kind. Great. I do think he was the nice guy who did what he was told and was malleable just in the right way for the producers. They probably never had to force anything because he was ‘ open’ to their suggestions and he may have trusted them a bit too much to be his honest self as he said his 2 I love you to JoJo AND Lauren.
She mentions he’s a good conversationalist... my experience is he can listen, sometimes, but more often than not, I’ve heard HIM talk and state his position, the questions he asks are often more a doorway to express HIS thoughts than truly inquiring about the other person’s perspective. He is preachy and pontificate quite a lot IMO.

These qualities fit with a lot of the middle America viewers that see a nice guy talk like them and they can identify and maybe idolize him as a ‘ perfect model of man’ . Not my flavor but I get the appeal to a certain extent. And his numerous appearances have built up that image of the good guy who can do - almost- no wrong.
Another few spots I disagree with Sharleen are the comparing of ‘ sweet Amanda, the single mother’, with Emily Maynard. Those cannot be more different humans, woman and mothers IMO. My perception of Amanda is that she got carried away with the fame and superficial side of the show and her roles in the subsequent chapters of BN demonstrate how she is not comparable to Emily who left the BN scene to devote herself to her family and real life issues. Amanda never showed us the strong empowered woman that knows her worth. And that’s not mentioning the multiple stories about her sweet girls ...
As far as Olivia, again Sharleen is tiptoeing on the whole dimension and responsibility the production had in her unfortunate public perception. I am pretty sure Olivia isn’t really looking forward to be part of the family again, as disfunction is the model and she has worked really hard to distanced herself and find her true self and worth outside the confines of that world. I don’t doubt it would be the producers dream to have Olivia come back - so that they can attempt to absolve themselves of the guilt they may secretly harbor- while in reality, all they’re looking at is ‘ characters ‘ that would make good TV.

JMOAA
Astrobach
Astrobach

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:32 pm

@Sprite Haven't listened to Marquel but will have to circle back to do so when I have an hour. (Why don't they have abbreviated podcasts - I love Kaitlyn's new format on YT). But you raise a good point about Ben being SO golden that no one wants to criticize him. I find it interesting that Ashley I wormed her way back into the "good" graces of tptb. She was the most annoying contestant to many of us!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5320

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:33 pm

Norcalgal wrote:@Sprite Haven't listened to Marquel but will have to circle back to do so when I have an hour. (Why don't they have abbreviated podcasts - I love Kaitlyn's new format on YT).  But you raise a good point about Ben being SO golden that no one wants to criticize him. I find it interesting that Ashley I wormed her way back into the "good" graces of tptb. She was the most annoying contestant to many of us!

Yes, she was annoying to viewers, but she brought the drama...much of it through producer suggestions IMO...and to further her own agenda. She did what she was told and was redeemed with her relationship with Jared. (Never mind that she basically stalked him until he came around and how different that would have been if the sexes were reversed, but I digress.) Personally, I don't think Ashley was ever out of the good graces of tptb...just viewers. It was producers that made her more tolerable to the masses with their more gentle edit. In this instance I think it was one hand washing the other.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 am

Ben to me was like a Ken doll -- tall, dark, good-looking, and inoffensive in every way. You dress him up in his formal wear, stand him next to Barbie in her wedding dress, and you're good to go. He handled his season well, but he did have a lot of great women to work with.

I think where he really shines is in comparison to other, recent Bachelors. My first Bachelor season was Juan Pablo's, so you see what I'm working with here. I had really high hopes for Nick, but honestly Nick seemed overwhelmed for much of his season. Colton was better than expected. The rest were a bit meh (Chris Soules seems like an okay guy, and is a catch on paper, but exactly how many would-be social media influencers want to live in the middle of an Iowa cornfield?)

So given the paucity of great recent bachelors, plain vanilla doesn't look so bad.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 pm

@Amethyst Good points! Living in CA and having watched since the beginning of time, it's hard for me to put everything in perspective. The analogy to Ken is a good one!

@Sprite Yes - the producers gave her a gentle edit and I've been scratching my head wondering what they saw in her. I think you nailed it - give 'em what they want, and you're rewarded!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5320

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Bachelor Greatest Ever: JoJo Fletcher (6/29)

June 23, 2020

REVISIT JOJO FLETCHER’S JOURNEY TO FIND LOVE – WHEN SHE FELL FOR TWO MEN – ON ‘THE BACHELOR: THE GREATEST SEASONS – EVER!’
MONDAY, JUNE 29

Chris Harrison Virtually Visits With  JoJo and Jordan, Wells and Sarah Hyland,
and Other Bachelor Favorites at Their Homes
Tyler Cameron Offers an Intriguing Update in This Week’s ‘Bachelor in Quarantine’

“JoJo Fletcher” – JoJo made up for her heartbreaking goodbye from Ben Higgins when a number of amazing men from her season fell hard and fast for her. She couldn’t understand how Ben could fall in love with two people at the same time – until it happened to her. How JoJo handled this romantic challenge, along with the exploits of Chad and the emerging popularity of Wells as a Bachelor Nation favorite, made this one fun rollercoaster ride to find love on “The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons – Ever!,” MONDAY, JUNE 29 (8:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, DL) Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

Which man would capture JoJo’s heart? Would it be Wells, the radio disc jockey from Nashville who got some special TLC from the Bachelorette when he almost passed out during the firefighter group date? Chris Harrison will reminisce the unforgettable moment along with Wells and his now fiancée, Sarah Hyland, as well as his anxiety-inducing date when he finally summoned the courage to kiss JoJo for the very first time. Although JoJo sent Wells home, he has made his mark as the celebrated bartender on “Bachelor in Paradise.”

Chad was another matter. He was able to fool JoJo for a while by only showing his sweet and sensitive side, but he reverted to his confrontational style of competing with the other men until his classic two-on-one date with fellow Marine, Alex. JoJo finally saw the real Chad and cut him loose. Wells and Evan, who bravely stood up to Chad, share with Chris how they were able to deal with this quintessential bad boy being one of the bachelors.

JoJo had another unforgettable two-on-one date with Derek and Chase. While it ended in tears for Derek, Chase was the lucky man to get to the fantasy suite – almost. Once Chase gathered his courage to share his real feelings with JoJo, she needed to make a difficult decision about her future with him. Derek relives his unfortunate ending on “The Bachelorette” with Chris.

Luke, the strong silent war veteran, fell hard for JoJo but made a critical mistake in not revealing what was in his heart until it was too late. He returns to tell Chris why he didn’t open up sooner and how he came back from his heartbreak. Finally, when it came to proposal day, JoJo was facing the two men she had fallen in love with – Robby and Jordan — and one was in for an unpleasant surprise. JoJo and her fiancé, Jordan, visit Chris from their home to share that tumultuous final day of their romantic journey and what has happened since.

And Chris has a quarantine check-in with Tyler Cameron from his home in Florida. And will his friend and newly announced Bachelor Matt James make a surprise appearance?

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor-the-greatest-seasons-ever/episodes/jojo-fletcher/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19236

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Bachelor Greatest Seasons Ever: Alex Michel and Trista Sutter (7/6)

BACHELOR NATION: WATCH HOW IT ALL STARTED!

A NOSTALGIC LOOK BACK AT THE FIRST BACHELOR AND BACHELORETTE SEASONS OF ALEX MICHEL AND TRISTA SUTTER ON
‘THE BACHELOR: THE GREATEST SEASONS – EVER!,’
MONDAY, JULY 6

Chris Harrison Virtually Visits With Trista, Amanda, Shannon, Demi, Nicole and Charlie,
Plus Other Bachelor Favorites at Their Homes

Cassie Randolph Is Featured in This Week’s ‘Bachelor in Quarantine’ Update

“Alex Michel and Trista Sutter” – Watch as the inaugural seasons of “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette” kicked off nearly two decades of romantic exhilaration and drama, and showcased the two amazing journeys of Alex Michel and Trista Sutter to find love. Relive the first rose ceremony, the first kiss, the first “steal,” the first limo arrival, the first hot tub, the first helicopter and the first proposal, as Chris Harrison takes viewers back to some of the most memorable moments in franchise history on “The Bachelor: The Greatest Seasons – Ever!,” MONDAY, JULY 6 (8:00-11:00 p.m., EDT) on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.

The first Bachelor, Alex Michel, a successful businessman educated at Harvard and Stanford Business School with leading-man good looks, met an impressive group of bachelorettes, including LaNease, who received the first kiss in Bachelor history; and Rhonda, whose anxiety attack after not receiving a rose inspired Chris’ iconic “most dramatic rose ceremony” line. Chris checks in with both women, who will share their experiences during this landmark first season.

Alex had some tough decisions to make once he narrowed the field to his final three women. Shannon wouldn’t compromise her feelings, which ended with her rejection of the very first invitation to spend the night in the fantasy suite. However, she paved the way for future women to speak their minds. Shannon will reveal how she felt about her emotional exit and what she has been up to lately.

Trista, the pediatric physical therapist and professional basketball team dancer from Miami, and Amanda, an event planner, couldn’t have been more different. Trista took her time opening up to Alex but finally let her walls down. Amanda was very open about her tragic past and what she saw as their future together. Alex and Amanda decided to explore a committed relationship, but what happened after the end of the show? In a rare appearance, Amanda will join Chris from her home to fill Bachelor Nation in on the juicy details of what happened with her and Alex and if they are still in touch. Will Alex make his first-ever appearance since his ground-breaking season?

Trista may have gotten her heart broken pursuing Alex’s final rose, but she became America’s sweetheart and the first Bachelorette. What would this romantic journey be like with a woman handing out the roses?

Bob made Trista laugh, but never got any further than being a friend. Greg, a musician, impressed the Bachelorette by writing a song for her, but was undone by his disheveled New York apartment. Russell came on a little too strong.

That left Trista torn between her two final men: Charlie, who gave her thrills and chills, and Ryan, the handsome firefighter from Colorado whose gentle nature and dry wit were reflected in the poems he wrote for her. It all led to Ryan’s beautiful, moving proposal – the first in Bachelor franchise history – and the couple’s buzz-worthy televised wedding. First, Chris will catch up with Charlie, who reveals if he would have proposed to Trista if he had had the chance. Then, Trista, will update her epic love story from the couple’s Colorado home along with their two children, Maxwell and Blakesley. And a surprise guest has a shock for Trista!

Chris’ timely Bachelor in Quarantine guest this week is Cassie Randolph. What was behind her surprising recent breakup with Colton Underwood?

Then Bachelor Nation favorites Demi and Nicole will offer their fashion expertise as they look back at some of the biggest fashion faux pas in Bachelor history.

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor-the-greatest-seasons-ever/episodes/alex-michel-and-trista-sutter/
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:02 pm

https://twitter.com/BachelorABC/status/1276923250002538499?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

I wonder why Ryan is not mentioned.

Then, Trista, will update her epic love story from the couple’s Colorado home along with their two children, Maxwell and Blakesley

I wonder if she's ever going away! :headbanging Who's Nicole?

Then Bachelor Nation favorites Demi and Nicole

https://www.wdtvpress.com/abc/shows/the-bachelor-the-greatest-seasons-ever/episodes/alex-michel-and-trista-sutter/

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71497

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:14 pm

Wow, do we think Alex Michael will make an appearance?

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:01 am

@GuardianAngel. Trista and Ryan are still together. I heard (maybe on Reddit that he either just got done or is going to soon be done with a Firefighter Academy). It's an 18 week program that I believe they stay there at the facility -- he might have possibly done some teaching or somehow involved with the training. Anyone else know more? Thanks!

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 55 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 40 ... 55  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor - The Greatest Seasons – Ever - Discussion

+41
MiniDiva
Brill
timfan
Dutchy23
leavers