SELECT CONTENT

Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by bluwavz Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:39 am

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1382296967250776065?s=20
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19233

Back to top Go down

Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:41 am

Can't say I'm surprised, and there are others in this franchise who could benefit from following Carlton's example by being honest with themselves too, IMO.

The Bachelor star Colton Underwood comes out as gay

Former Bachelor star Colton Underwood has come out as gay in an emotional interview, revealing that he 'hated himself for a long time' and

'Obviously this year has been a lot for a lot of people and it's probably made alot of people look themselves in the mirror and figure out who they are what they've been running from,' he said during an interview on GMA on Wednesday.  

Underwood's first stint on the ABC franchise came in 2018 as a contestant on Becca Kufrin's season of The Bachelorette.

He was later marketed as the 'The Virgin Bachelor' with his virginity becoming a focal point during his time on the dating series.

After he became the leading man on The Bachelor, the former football player ended up picking Cassie Randolph from the many hopefuls vying for his affections on the ABC reality show.

Randolph had broken things off with Underwood during the final three. He was so devastated that he ended things with the other two women and asked Randolph for a second chance without the pressure of an engagement.  

Underwood agreed and the couple were in a relationship from November 2018 until May 2020.

The split initially appeared to be amicable but Randolph, 25, later filed a restraining order against Underwood, accusing her ex of stalking her and putting a tracking device on her car.

She was granted a temporary restraining order that forced Underwood to stay at least 100 yards away from her, in addition to her car, home, workplace, and school.

No other details were given but the interview is billed as 'deeply personal' with the tagline, 'Colton Underwood: In His Own Words.'

Randolph accused Underwood of harassing her with text messages and showing up at her home uninvited. She also claimed he would loiter outside her parents house in Huntington Beach, California in the early hours of the morning.

The GMA post garnered a lot of backlash on Tuesday as Twitter users criticized the morning show's choice to give Underwood a platform and voice following the serious accusations made against him last year.

Later, Randolph dismissed the restraining order against Underwood, and requested to drop the police investigation.  

'Underwood had released a statement to the media, explaining the pair resolved the matter privately. 'Cassie asked the court to dismiss the temporary restraining order against me,' he said.

'The two of us were able to reach a private agreement to address any of Cassie’s concerns. I do not believe Cassie did anything wrong in filing for the restraining orders and also believe she acted in good faith. I appreciate everyone’s respect for privacy regarding this matter.'

Troubled: Underwood's split from Randolph initially appeared to be amicable but Randolph, 25, later filed a restraining order against him, accusing her ex of stalking her and putting a tracking device on her car

The Indiana-born reality star has previously spoken about his past struggles surrounding his own sexual identity and how he has previously questioned his sexuality.

In his memoir The First Time: Finding Myself and Looking for Love on Reality TV, Underwood opens up about how he has in the past questioned whether he is gay.

He details a particular experience in high school that he battled with throughout his life, in which he was 'super insecure' and 'thought he was gay.'

He writes that there was often talk about his sexuality because he was a football player who abstained from sex.

'It was one of those things where you hear something so often, you start believing it.

'I thought, maybe I am gay. The captain of the football team should be having sex and drinking, right? But I wasn't.'

Underwood continued to say that he would search 'Am I gay?' online.

The Indiana-born reality star has previously spoken about his past struggles surrounding his own sexual identity and how he has previously questioned his sexuality. Seen here in November 2019

He added, 'I didn’t know who I was. And I come from an athletic family, so it was always, "Move on, you’re good." So that threw me off. In high school, when I was struggling with my sexuality, I’m not going to talk to my parents about it. So I internalized it.'

During his stint on The Bachelor, Underwood was still plagued by gay rumors.

'Even while my season was airing, I battled the gay [rumors]' he said. 'They’d say, "he's gay, he’s hiding it." No. But I've been there, done that now.'

In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Underwood said that Bachelor Nation showed him he was straight.

'[The show taught me] that I'm straight and I'm very, very attracted to Cassie [Randolph] and women — but it would have been OK if it would have been the other way too. I think that's the biggest message I have for people,'

While he made no secret that he was a virgin on The Bachelor, since filming wrapped he has admitted that it was 'overplayed' by producers.

After his finale aired, he spoke out to say he did not feel exploited, but he felt his sexuality was 'overplayed.'

'I don’t think it was exploited in a negative way. Do I think it was overplayed? Yes. That's what I can say,' Underwood told Variety. 'But exploited? No.'

Source

Last edited by Bobette on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Topazgold Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:01 am

Glad he’s comes to terms with who he is, must be freeing. But still doesn’t excuse what he put Cassie or her family through.

Last edited by Topazgold on Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling, grammar)

Topazgold

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:18 am

Great for him that he’s accepted that. He also stalked & terrorized a woman. He shouldn’t get to have a public platform after that (& that’s what this interview is, a relaunch for him to be in the media again). Especially if he’s not going to fully own up to it. Being gay doesn’t justify what he did to Cassie. All jmo.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:28 am

Idlemess wrote:
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1382107494273544198?s=21

If you’re able to open, read the replies.

Good that plenty of women are speaking out. I cannot understand for one moment why ABC would want to give him a voice. Seems that the broadcasters still haven't learned that stalking is not OK!

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Colton Underwood & Jordan  Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion - Page 13 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3837

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:39 am

I am not surprised. I always thought he was, I just thought it would take a lot longer for him to accept it and admit it. Naturally, he had to make the announcement as publicly as he could. He misses the spotlight. Now there will be another round of media appearances where he will play the victim and use his confusion about his sexual orientation to excuse his actions towards Cassie. I wouldn't be surprised if he later comes out as pan sexual or trans or whatever the newest sexuality that attracts media attention is. Call my cynical.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:41 pm

https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/14/colton-underwood-gay-man-journey-filmed-reality-series-netflix/

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:02 pm

ReneeM wrote:https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/14/colton-underwood-gay-man-journey-filmed-reality-series-netflix/

I am shocked. SHOCKED I tell you! no

He is a media whore who repeatedly justifies my cynicism about his desire to stay in the public eye.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia_Leoni Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:44 pm

But his alleged criminal activity...

Mia_Leoni

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:20 pm

https://twitter.com/michaelslezaktv/status/1382352469339090947?s=21

Hot take

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:26 pm

Idlemess wrote:
https://twitter.com/michaelslezaktv/status/1382352469339090947?s=21

Hot take
Very good comments. They deserve a more prominent place than Twitter.
ETA: Particularly the one about how the interview didn’t address the stalking, just vaguely "inflicting pain". Anyone who didn’t know would assume that It was just about misleading Cassie.
JMO
Mia_Leoni wrote:But his alleged criminal activity...
But that was such a long time ago. :dripdrip

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:46 pm

In the interest of providing frame work for my comments, I live in De. in an area known for its' gay population. DH and I live in a community that is 50/50 heterosexual/LGBTQ. We are largely a retirement area and many of these couples were previous married as heterosexuals and subsequently divorced. Many have kids and grandees. While we do not "understand" the life style, we don't have to, anymore than they "understand" ours. We are very accepting of all and close with many couples that identify as LGBTQ.

Within that framework, I really find Colton's actions despicable. He was so confused that he went on a national dating reality show that is extremely popular with no idea that he might have an outcome such as he did - engaged to a woman. I am sorry to be so judgmental but this sounds like a bunch of horsefeathers to me. He indicated confusion, but of all the people here that we have spoken with about their stories, there is not one that sought the limelight but rather the "closeting" was because it was safer.
I am sorry this sounds more and more like a playbook for fame and I am truly sorry that Cassie was the collateral damage for his folly.
This is really wrong on so many levels and he now has a netflix special. Media whore is more like it.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Colton Underwood & Jordan Brown - Bachelor 23 - Discussion

+42
Minney
frajosfanofchris
alwayscooking
Amethyst
Mia_Leoni