SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:25 pm

Discuss potential lead here!

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Fri May 21, 2021 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:25 am

Thanks @GuardianAngel :frommeto

butterflylove wrote: Nikki Webster reveals she's keen to be the next Bachelorette

We could be set for one hell of a Bachelorette 2021 season should Channel 10 take up Nikki Webster’s recent offer.

The 33-year-old Strawberry Kisses singer, who rose to fame following her performance in the 2000 Sydney Olympics, told Woman’s Day she’d be keen to take on the reality TV role next year.

The children’s dance studio owner and mother-of-two admitted she was ready to find love again after splitting from her husband of six years, Matthew McMah in 2019.

Suspect

Dirty Street Pie wrote: A thousand times no to Nicki Webster as Bette  no

She’s a lovely girl, my daughter used to go to her dance school in Sydney, but if TPTB have learnt anything at all from this year it should be that the Bette must be aspirational! She must be either smoking hot (Sophie) or conventionally attractive but with something charisma about her (Georgia).

IMO Nicki is neither of those things, the guys would be super unimpressed, and we would get a repeat of this years dumpster fire, with the added bonus of children being involved. It’s a no from me.

Bobette wrote: Preach @Dirty Street Pie.  I agree

I don't think Nikki's seriously in the running but if TPTB were to cast yet another vanilla, caucasian, blonde, affluent quasi-celebrity then they are beyond redemption and the AU production deserves to be axed, IMO.  

A lot will be riding on the 2021 season and they need to come up with someone exceptional, different and desirable, IMO.  

Sprite wrote: Please no. She is 33? She looks a good 10 years older, plus kind of harsh. She seems to be attention seeking since she just finished another show. No!

Idlemess wrote: 100% agree with all of the above

butterflylove wrote: Hard agree, I loved Nikki as a 7year old. Our class concert was to Strawberry Kisses, but I don't want to see her as the next Ette. She's blonde for one, and I don't want the same model of person as the last 8 leads.

Give us the diversity we desperately need. Someone like a Brooke or Renee, or someone completely new that has charisma and presence (which Becky didn't have). We need to be casting and representing multicultural Australia.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by butterflylove Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Names being thrown around by The Wash for 'ette:

Renee Barrett
Brooke Blurton
Nikki Webster
Litney Weldon
Bella Varlis

There's no new name being thrown in the mix, but they popped up on my IG explore, and I was having a browse and came across the article.
butterflylove
butterflylove

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:34 pm

My opinions on that list:

Renee - From this list, a strong second choice.
Brooke - my pick, personally.
Nikki - big no. Just, no.
Litney - I love her, but surely not for Bachelorette.
Bella - you're kidding.

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:51 pm

Could have written those opinions myself @leavers

I could not stand to have Bella, Litney or Nicki would be painful to watch as I just don’t think the guys would be into them. Brooke would be the best IMO, and I think TPTB will announce Bette early this year so that the guys know who they’re in for so we don’t get the whole “disappointed” thing that we had this year with Elly and Becky.
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:16 pm

Nice find @butterflylove yes

@leavers @Dirty Street Pie I agree with your thoughts but for me it's Renee over Brooke.  Nikki is a joke IMO, and considering she only recently split with the father of her young children she should be focusing on THEM, not courting a TV appearance, IMO.  Litney may be a fan favourite but is too much of an individual to appeal to a broad spectrum of contestants and being Lead would be terrible for her mental health IMO.  And Bella has proven herself to be a fickle, fake, fameseeking desperado, IMO.  

I think TPTB realise they need to address their diversity issues in a big way, but IMO they'd probably opt for Renee over Brooke because she's less fiesty/opinionated and would be easier to manipulate.  Also she's more recently in viewer's minds after her BiP appearance, and her storyline was tailor made for Bette ("screwed over" by Bad Boy Ciarran then apparently cheated on by Matty post-show).  I can visualise her intro package in my head already. laugh out loud

Also I think Brooke shot herself in the foot with that IMO producer-scripted Fiji Fling with Alexnation.  Some viewers seem to have trouble wrapping their heads around the concept of bisexuality and I think if she were cast as Lead (assuming it was a normal all male cast) you'd get some people saying "wait, isn't she into girls?" and others saying she must have been faking her bisexuality for BiP (not helped by the fact that she and Alex both immediately went back to dating men).  

Furthermore I feel like TPTB might be keeping Brooke in their back pocket in case they ever want to shake things up with a mixed-gender cast.  I personally can't see that working at all (too much potential for contestants to be hooking up with each other IMO).  If TPTB get desperate enough for a ratings gimmick I could see them giving it a shot but after Elly & Becky's sh*tshow I think they're more likely to play it safe with a more "normal" season in 2021.

So yeah from that list I think Renee is most likely and it seems Sportsbet concur.  They have Nikki as their favourite (a red herring on the back of recent media coverage IMO) and significantly, Renee is not on the list.  Brooke's odds of 6.00 rule her out IMO. Side note:  I'm not a fan of The Wash.  They're a group of paps and "journalists" who have a symbiotic relationship with z-listers and ex-contestants so everything they publish always smells like marketing to me and that article is another example.  Rolling Eyes

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* HGhGBgf

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:06 pm

Dunno how much I believe those bets if Abbie is considered a serious contender. She's been pretty vocal about a lot of things in a way I don't think tptb would be okay with

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:06 pm

There’s always a lot of red herrings in those lists because any money they can draw in they will, example is Nicki Gogan appearing on Sportsbet in previous years despite being in a long term relationship, so IMO Abbie is one of these as she has high name recognition, and will have even more soon as I believe she’s on I’m a Celeb?
Having said that, I think production would give her a shot, she was reasonably outspoken after Matt’s season, and she still got BIP. But she’s blonde, and after all the backlash they got this year when E&B were announced the only guarantee we have this season is that the Bette WON’T be blonde! Also I *think* she has a boyfriend at the moment, but not sure as you can never tell with her, and can’t be bothered to follow her closely laugh out loud
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:23 am

Yep @Dirty Street Pie the actual Lead is rarely on the list and if they were the odds would be closer to an F1 - ie 1.25 - 1.5 IMO.  So IMO definitely not anyone on the current list and it's either Renee or she's at least being very seriously considered (since if it wasn't her, Sportsbet would know and she'd be on there with all the other current names being thrown around).

Abbie isn't seeing that guy (just posted pics of them together for attention I think) but yeah she's on IACGMOOH and I don't think TPTB would want to risk viewer fatigue after how sick everyone got of Angie doing back to back shows.  She's another one they're keeping on the backburner IMO - she might trash the show but she'd come running if it was offered to her IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:08 am

She went on an ABC show and talked about producer deception and their tricks like frankenbiting. I don't know if they'd actually take a genuinely dim view of that. However there also might not be a huge crossover between people who watch the Bach shows unironically, and people who watch niche ABC shows about unf*cking your reputation (Reputation Rehab).

~Say it one more time~
leavers
leavers

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:27 am

leavers wrote:She went on an ABC show and talked about producer deception and their tricks like frankenbiting. I don't know if they'd actually take a genuinely dim view of that. However there also might not be a huge crossover between people who watch the Bach shows unironically, and people who watch niche ABC shows about unf*cking your reputation (Reputation Rehab).

Yeah I think the centre of the Bach/ABC Venn diagram is basically just us. laugh out loud  I couldn't even watch the whole thing - it was too weird watching Abbie infiltrate the channel I rely on for accurate news coverage.  

And I agree, I doubt TPTB would care.  If they got desperate and needed a Lead at short notice they'd still consider her IMO - for all her faults they know she'd get the boys... uhhh... worked up, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by NancyDrew Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:30 pm

So Dramatic is claiming Renee’s “in the final stages of negotiation”. IMO I won’t believe it ‘til I see it (I think Renee would be great but I’m skeptical of the source).
Source
Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* 59f0e710

NancyDrew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 7 - Brooke Blurton - General Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+18
Nothing
just me
Vjeff
Storybook
Agent99
Loulou
Enough
Bobette
bachfan101
AEF
Dumb