SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 18 of 66 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1 - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Finch Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:37 am

Apparently Jimmy's celebrity crush is Carrie Bickmore laugh out loud
It seems he has a type.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/the-bachelor/the-bachelor-jimmy-nicholson-faces-his-celeb-crush-carrie-bickmore/news-story/5188ec496695fc004cff70abf1305beb
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

1 - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:24 am

The ratings for Jimmy’s premier episode are the lowest in the history of the show per below. For those based in AU, do you think folks are becoming jaded with the spoilers being out there or are there just better shows that folks are more keen to watch? Thanks

“In another sting for the network, it was the lowest-rating Bach premiere in history. Last year, Channel 10’s search for love opened to 681,000 metro viewers, and in 2019 it was 828,000. The year prior starring rugby legend Nick Cummins was a massive success, with 940,000 metro viewers. It was up from 2017 and 2016, which saw 882,000 and 846,000 respectively tune in. Season one (669,000) and season two (692,000) also had a higher metro viewer count than this year.”
Source

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:03 am

I think it actually proves that spoilers generate interest, and by suppressing pap photos and seizing contestants' social media accounts, TPTB shot themselves in the ratings foot.  It's not like they're guarding national security secrets here - it's a TV show!  

We all know Daily Mail and others get 90% of their info from us, and without our spoilers for them to write their usual "contestants revealed!" articles, there was absolutely no hype around this season whatsoever.  I literally forgot it was even starting last night.  laugh out loud

And after all that effort to prevent spoilers, we still identified the whole cast before the premiere, and Sportsbet still revealed the winner. Even their own edit makes it obvious Holly wins, so all TPTB really "achieved" was losing 3 months of free publicity. Rolling Eyes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by LeapofFaith Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:24 am

mercieme wrote:The ratings for Jimmy’s premier episode are the lowest in the history of the show per below. For those based in AU, do you think folks are becoming jaded with the spoilers being out there or are there just better shows that folks are more keen to watch? Thanks

“In another sting for the network, it was the lowest-rating Bach premiere in history. Last year, Channel 10’s search for love opened to 681,000 metro viewers, and in 2019 it was 828,000. The year prior starring rugby legend Nick Cummins was a massive success, with 940,000 metro viewers. It was up from 2017 and 2016, which saw 882,000 and 846,000 respectively tune in. Season one (669,000) and season two (692,000) also had a higher metro viewer count than this year.”
Source

Well this doesn’t surprise me as it was the first time I didn’t even watch the premiere! I forgot it was on laugh out loud I actually haven’t seen very much advertising for it as before-jmo
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:43 am

No spoilers means no hype in the media

Plus as mean as this sounds I just don't think Jimmy has the typical ~hot~ look. He might be the nicest person in the world and he's not ugly by any means at all but he's not really conventionally super hot.

I wondered if it was just suppressed TV ratings generally (which are, of course, far lower in general across the board thanks to streaming, video games, social media keeping our eyes busy instead) but nope

In a further shock, episode repeats of series’ over on Channel 9 and ABC beat the maiden Bach episode, with Nine’s Travel Guides earning 597,000 metro and Hard Quiz with 502,000, according to TV Tonight.

I do wonder how much this is an age thing; younger viewers aren't TV watchers anymore, while older viewers still watch, and that shows with slightly older demo shows doing better. Sounds like that might be the case:

“The premiere episode of The Bachelor Australia took flight as the #1 entertainment show of the night in 25 to 54s and under-50s and the #1 show in its timeslot in 10’s key demographics of 16 to 39s, 25 to 54s and under-50s,” they clarified.

Ratings for younger viewers are just bad. Still winning the demo they want, it's just that that demo is not really watching TV anymore

so pro-tip to 10: don't block the Internet from talking about the show, it's where your target demo live
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1341

Back to top Go down

Post by Finch Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:43 am

EXCLUSIVE: Bachelor star was sent home for accusing Jimmy Nicholson of being a 'privileged playboy with no shortage of female attention'

A production insider claimed Annabelle recognised the 31-year-old pilot after seeing him on a dating app and questioned why he was on the show.

Source[/quote]

Having watched the episodes I think I have to agree with Annabelle laugh out loud
Finch
Finch

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:25 pm

I can see that spoilers do generate interest. No spoilers, people forget that it's even on.

I take it they didn't air Annabelle's comments?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:58 pm

Anyone know how reputable this so dramatic podcast is? She has more stuff on Holly. I don’t want to go into details since it’s about beliefs espoused by her family members which they are entitled to IMO, just seems that it’s kinda different from Jimmy’s family based on what I have heard him say during his media rounds. So dramatic put a disclaimer that it doesn’t mean Holly believes the same since people can be different from their family. The HTDs sure will be interesting to view in light of this. Feel free to check out the podcast starting at the 31 min mark.
Listen on Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/89-bachelor-takes-off-farmer-wants-wife-comes-crashing/id1523979167?i=1000529971299

I have listened to many of Jimmy’s media rounds including Abbie Chatfield’s podcast 1 - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 2498057887. IMO, Jimmy comes across really sincere and very much into his F1, so if it’s Holly, I think they will be fine post show at least to start out  Hugesmile

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:44 am

No wonder no spoilers.

'Channel 10 declares war on critics'

They are banning media that criticize them
https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2021/07/26/channel-10-declares-war-on-critics/?amp

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:43 am

@mercieme  One of the lowlights for me of sleuthing Bach Aus last year was having to listen to So Dramatic laugh out loud.  I think the new sm rules means that her and other podcasters/ig fansites can't dm the contestants and find out any goss.  So imo any info she gets is second or third hand or even more tenuous.  But I see Holly's brother has deleted his twitter, so if he is the one talked about, then I guess it got back to him.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:47 am

Enough wrote:No wonder no spoilers.

'Channel 10 declares war on critics'

They are banning media that criticize them
https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2021/07/26/channel-10-declares-war-on-critics/?amp

I am not the least bit surprised by any of this.  Rolling Eyes

As a media writer for one of Australia’s biggest news websites told me:

“What you’ve heard is true: they freeze people out for doing stories they don’t like. They won’t reply to emails or even send press releases. They block you from the screening room.”

It’s a move designed to intimidate writers who want access to stories, talent for interviews and previews of TV shows.

“10 is quite malicious ... (they have) a very thin skin. They can dish it out but can’t take it”

Unfortunately for 10 this tactic only serves to draw further criticism because those writers feel they have nothing to lose.

As a well-known reporter tells me:

“They fail to understand the basic principals – if they keep you in the tent they have some level of control, once they kick you out all bets are off.”

Agent99 wrote:@mercieme  One of the lowlights for me of sleuthing Bach Aus last year was having to listen to So Dramatic laugh out loud.  I think the new sm rules means that her and other podcasters/ig fansites can't dm the contestants and find out any goss.  So imo any info she gets is second or third hand or even more tenuous.  But I see Holly's brother has deleted his twitter, so if he is the one talked about, then I guess it got back to him.

Didn't her IG page get taken down?  I went looking at the start of the season and she was using her alternate account and whining about losing followers.  1 - Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 18 3806527698

@mercieme She has direct contacts within the Bach sphere so her info should be reliable, but she got a lot of stuff wrong last year and doesn't seem to do any independent research, just parrots what she's heard from others, even if it directly contradicts other spoilers she's already posted. dizzy

I haven't listened to any of her podcasts - last year others mercifully volunteered as tribute so I didn't have to subject myself to her self-important waffle. laugh out loud
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent99 Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:18 am

@Bobette Oh laugh out loud.  I didn't even realise her ig was taken down.  I am a member of the fb group, but she never drops anything in that.  I thought it would be good for sleuthing, but instead it's a constant stream of posts from people perpetually offended by z-grade reality stars and I can't be  a*sed reading them.

Agent99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 66 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 66  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 9 - Jimmy Nicholson - Media SM - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+26
KatydidC
Jane Austen
Knowsarose
Stiletto
Loulou
LeapofFaith
dolcimumma
LukeBlueKoala
catalyst
Finch
mercieme