SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 30 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 30 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 30 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by ReneeM Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:58 am

GuardianAngel wrote:All the parents were so lovely.
Agreed! I was pleasantly surprised. I really appreciated that Nayte’s family & Rodney’s mom to a lesser extent were able to express concern about certain aspects of the process without ever coming across belligerent or rude.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 30 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 5 Empty Re: Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 30 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 am

GuardianAngel wrote:They could have had Rodney as the next Bachelor. duh

Previews for Claytons season. no no
The ultimate disrespect IMO….they even used Rodney’s under dog tagline for Clayton no no
If they want us to forget Colton, why copy his promo pic also holding a puppy???? TPTB sure lacks originality much!!!!

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:21 am

I hope Rodney’s dms are full to the brim with women telling him how great he is.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:08 am

eusebeia wrote:They've been selling Michelle and Nayte's hot chemistry the whole season, but somehow they let Michelle's comment that they were a good match "intellectually" stay in.  Have we ever seen that?  If so, that's encouraging.  Teachers are smart, curious people (have several in my family).  They want someone they can talk to about lots of different things.  

I also caught the intellectual match and to me, it signaled maybe one of the most important differences between Nayte and the rest of the men. I thought Charles, Nayte's step-father was very well spoken and came off as quite well educated and thoughtful. It was wonderful to see the two of them open up to each other.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:10 am

4 great guys with 4 great families. What a nice change from previous seasons.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:50 am

I hate to jinx it, but dare I say Michelle had 4 really good guys. And she was wise enough to choose these as the F4. I enjoyed all the families. I would have loved to see Rodney instead of Clayton as this next bachelor. I think because of timing it might have been akward since he was still so clearly not over Michelle.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:40 am

Norcalgal wrote:4 great guys with 4 great families. What a nice change from previous seasons.

Couldn't agree more! This has to go down on record as one of the least messy and dramatic HTD episodes and it was terrific.

I did think they made it clear that Joe is super quiet. I think Michelle decided that she needed someone with more vitality for the long haul.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:03 am

https://youtu.be/GE_OBf7vhmc
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:58 am

Norcalgal wrote:
eusebeia wrote:They've been selling Michelle and Nayte's hot chemistry the whole season, but somehow they let Michelle's comment that they were a good match "intellectually" stay in.  Have we ever seen that?  If so, that's encouraging.  Teachers are smart, curious people (have several in my family).  They want someone they can talk to about lots of different things.  

I also caught the intellectual match and to me, it signaled maybe one of the most important differences between Nayte and the rest of the men. I thought Charles, Nayte's step-father was very well spoken and came off as quite well educated and thoughtful. It was wonderful to see the two of them open up to each other.
In some of Michelle’s interviews she presents as a substantive thinker and in 1 she mentioned that she needed an intellectual connection. IMO she is both a mentor and student of life. That type of person needs a partner who shares a curiosity about things greater than themselves.
On a different note, on the Bachelor Happy Hour pod, Bri & Serena were guests. 1 of them mentioned that Michelle is a giver and they want her person to appreciate her and take care of her to fill up her energy bank rather than being a needy person. I thought that was a lovely observation.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:44 pm

All I have to say is that I love Rodney as a person. Breath of fresh air & beyond worthy! Clearly Michelle’s connection with him wasn’t romantic, but I felt her great admiration of him.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:43 pm

I only saw the first three hometowns, but I enjoyed them very much. Brandon has a sweet and supportive family -- you can see where his good nature comes from. During the daytime portion, his connection with Michelle was such that it had me questioning the spoilers. Rodney's family was also lovely. I was intrigued to see Rodney's more serious side. It was obvious to me that as much as Michelle enjoyed his friendship, there was no romantic connection for her there. I wondered if she might come to question her romantic rejection of him at some point in the future. In viewing Joe's family, it became apparent where he gets his quiet, reserved nature. I liked the prom section of the date. I was very surprised that "Mr. Minnesota Basketball" did not go to his own prom, but perhaps I should not have been. I was very reserved around the boys in my own high school, and was never asked to a prom myself. It happens. Not everyone blooms socially by their senior year.

I didn't see Nayte's hometown, but I trust it went well. Michelle probably has the nicest F4 in recent memory.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by appiah01 Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:49 pm

Great HTDs. All of the families were nice. I thought it was very telling that when she spoke about what makes Nayte special, she talked about the varying ways in which they connect- intellectually and yet also able to be playful. She clearly likes the other men...but some of her responses were more generic. It was also clear that her connection with Joe has cooled. There just isn't a lot of there there with them.

appiah01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 18 - Michelle Young - Nov 30 - Discussion - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+16
ReneeM
eusebeia
pavalygurl
mercieme
albean99