SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Jeepers Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:38 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Jeepers wrote:Joeys Uncle really put a damper on things and got in Joey and Charity’s heads .. a seed of doubt .. an obstacle .. soo how ever do they conquer it is the question

That's usually the F1 edit.

But editing is trying to make it look like Joey is the heartbroken F2
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by eusebeia Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:50 pm

So will Dotun get some kind of obstacle next week? It's been smooth sailing for him so far. OTOH does Charity want to surrender her wedding plans to her future MIL? Maybe her Nigerian best friend has influenced her in that direction somehow?

Wouldn't it make you a bit wary to have your future MIL want to dress you up already when she first meets you? I dunno.

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:03 pm

Jeepers wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:
Jeepers wrote:Joeys Uncle really put a damper on things and got in Joey and Charity’s heads .. a seed of doubt .. an obstacle .. soo how ever do they conquer it is the question

That's usually the F1 edit.

But editing is trying to make it look like Joey is the heartbroken F2

The editing of the previews have been odd, this season. Whoever is making them seem bent on making viewers believe Joey is just one episode from being sent home, every week.

They've definitely changed things up with the editing. I liked the families but I didn't particularly like the impression Charity made on me this episode. All anyone had to do was tell her they were falling in love! Rolling Eyes

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:11 pm

Uncle Joe reminded me of a bald George Clooney. Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 3806527698 Some of the same mannerisms when they speak.

I was thinking the Uncle’s reservations would be resolved by the end of the episode, but it didn’t come across like they were. It’ll likely flow over into FSD discussions. His description of Joey as a “pleaser” at times seemed to be his perception of Joey, not a criticism.

I’m wondering where the men truly stood with Charity at this RC vs who production wanted to keep/send home. I don’t believes she’s falling in love with all 4. She may have love for all of them, but not falling in love.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by barbell Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:39 pm

Are we sure that drive-in theater scene wasn’t the finale? Geesh, she was in tears, he was in tears, I was in tears! Either TPTB have turned over a new leaf and are going to make the love story more visible, or they’re really messing with us!
barbell
barbell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:52 pm

She was absolutely giddy to see Joey .. told him she missed him .. he said “me too” .. lots of kisses .. she says it sucks when they leave for the car .. odd ending to their date .. needs resolution and clarification .. could go thru LCD to do that
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:17 pm

Wow the HTD's were actually normal for once!! I liked them all. Joey poor guy he is really worried afterwards and I'm going to be sad when she doesn't pick him in the end. (My pick for next Bachelor please!!) Man did that drive-thru date w/ Duton and Charity feel like a LCD. Both crying, she didn't want the video to end, super sweet!

Don't really see her into Xavier he's just there in the friend zone.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 1f49c

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 8367-910 Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 I_got_13 Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 E5kqdm15 Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 4 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11973

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:37 pm

After all that, I really can't see her picking anyone other than Dotun. Up until tonight, I thought it could go either way, but tonight, to me,  it was clear who she was most into.

Xavier was picked for his knitting, other than that, there was nothing all that interesting about him that we saw. Too bad, because I'm sure he is a lot more interesting than tptb made him out to be.

Joey is starting to be shown which way the wind is blowing and it is not towards him. I think this lets him prepare himself for being let go. Yes, he is brokenhearted F2, but it gives him more time to be set up for the next lead if they choose to go that route.

Dotun...what can I say? He is sweet. His family is lovely. Charity is giddy. They are both starting to crack and want to tell the world. I am very much looking forward to seeing how this will end...other than watching the heartbreak of F2.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:43 am

All four families were lovely and welcoming.

Aaron -- Ironically, IMO this hometown went the best. I really liked his family. The down-home cooking looked wonderful. However, both Aaron and Charity made remarks mentioning that their relationship didn't have a chance to progress as much as they would have liked during the prior parts of the season. Thus, his eventual elimination was not a surprise.

Joey -- I loved the tennis date. Joey teaching Charity how to play tennis was beyond sexy. Since I am a teacher, I appreciated that Joey had obviously honed his teaching technique over time. He knew exactly how to communicate to Charity in order to get a successful outcome. His family was very protective about him, with both he and his family members discussing his fear of heartbreak. I understood what his uncle was trying to say about being a "pleaser," since I think it's not an unusual quality (I used to be something of a pleaser in my younger days, so I get it.) However, I think his uncle inadvertently killed Joey's chances with Charity. IMO Joey would do better in an environment where he has a choice of women (either in Paradise or as the lead,) with more time given to develop a relationship.

Xavier -- The knitting date was cute, but at this point of the game, Xavier needed a chance to show more sides of his personality. I'm not sure that I personally saw enough from the editing to justify Charity's choice of Xavier over Aaron.

Dotun -- Game, set, match. If Charity had been debating between Joey and Dotun before, she was no longer doing that after Dotun's hometown. At this point, it would take a lot to derail this relationship, IMO.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by chasus71 Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:12 am

Jeepers wrote:She was absolutely giddy to see Joey .. told him she missed him .. he said “me too” .. lots of kisses .. she says it sucks when they leave for the car .. odd ending to their date .. needs resolution and clarification .. could go thru LCD to do that

Yes so far he is the only one that she continues to verbalize about how much she misses him. They are usrt so far gone for one another IMO. It hurts.
chasus71
chasus71

Female Posts : 4265

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:44 pm

In the midst of my am chores/errands, I rewatched Joey's segment, especially the parts with Uncle Joe.  Upon second viewing, I am not as hostile to him as before rofl
I also read Joey's IG posts in which he seems to be fine (unless he is not being genuine!!!)

I really enjoyed all the HTDs.  If I had to choose, I'd say I would pick Aaron's as my favorite.  His mom and dad make me feel kinder towards Aaron, although I reserve the right to rethink this depending on how bad his crashing the Fiji dates becomes.

Xavier also become the guy I thought I was getting early in the season, but I think he still ends up disappointing Charity.  His parents as well were great.

Dotun's date could not have been better.  His grandma is a gem.  I loved his siblings being there for him and then the big surprise, mom and dad cut short a trip to see Charity.  Mom is a hoot but I worry she could sometimes be a handful and try to take over a bit too much...his Dad and she, however have much to be proud of within their family.  

I had flashbacks watching Joey's family.  I had a few uncles who could give Uncle Joe a run for his money.  I loved the dynamic between Joey and his mom...I too was teary eyed.  His dad's toast was lovely and I adore his sister.   I know that most likely was not their real home, but I did like that house as well.  Whatever happens, I'm still team Joey.

Last edited by pavalygurl on Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Tue Aug 01, 2023 12:46 pm

Joey has been very active in IG stories today .. his latest is an explanation about his uncle.. I would think he is very bothered how his uncle was portrayed but understands as well

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 20 - Charity Lawson - July 31 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+9
barbell
julychild
eusebeia
Sprite
Jeepers