SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:44 am

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

Post by richmondrose Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:55 am

Laura was my favorite and I agree that she would be a genuine and fun Bachelorette.
richmondrose
richmondrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:04 am

‘The Bachelor Canada’ season 1 in review: Did Brad Smith’s journey deliver?

Now that we have had a little bit more time to digest “The Bachelor Canada” as a season, and also compare it a little bit to the series here in America, there is really only one thing to do: give the show a round of applause. This was a short and imperfect season in many ways, but there was so much here that was done correctly that you cannot feel anything but hope that CityTV has a franchise here that echoes of the original, but at the same time brings a fresh feeling to the table.

The best thing that “The Bachelor Canada” did right was not only cast the sort of man (in Brad Smith, even with the ugly tattoo) that viewers want to watch, but also throw enough compelling women around him that we would care about the journey. There were fan favorites (Chantelle, Kara), women that were easy to root against (Whitney), contestants game to cause drama (Gabrielle), and even a winner in Bianka who was not necessarily the obvious choice from the get-go. This is always the sort of cast that you want to have for a show like this: it would be boring if everyone was nice and down-to-earth, and there were always enough people left to root for that it never felt too dramatic for its own good.

As for the locations, it was nice to see “The Bachelor” north of the border stay somewhat true to its home country, and show off so many different locales in all of their majesty. However, it was also equally nice to see them embark on short trips to other places (including New Orleans in an early episode) that showed off different parts of the world from a Canadian perspective. Like with “The Amazing Race Australia,” it is always entertaining as an American to see how we are represented elsewhere. The format was also nice and refreshing, since it was not the same pattern of “two one-on-one dates and a group date every week” that Chris Harrison and company have beaten into our heads.

Really, the only singular thing that the Canadian show did wrong in comparison to its US counterpart was just not making it long enough, and that may be due to budgetary reasons of it being the first season. By the time we had the hometown dates, there was a contestant in Gabrielle who had spent very little alone time with Brad. Therefore, it was obvious that she was not going to be the one. The middle part of the competition was far too short, which made the final few weeks feel far too long.

All in all, do you think “The Bachelor Canada” was a worthwhile experiment, and who would you endorse as the first-ever “Bachelorette” north of the border? While Chantelle may be fun, we presently think that Kara would have the greatest appeal across the board.

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 33 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 am

Personally, while Chantelle is a lovely young lady, I would not want to see her as a lead. The giggle alone would compel me to mute often and I think any diabetic would be prohibited from watching just due to all the sweetness. I don't think they would seriously consider her because there would be probably zero sexiness to the series.

Gabrielle could be quite entertaining although I don't know if we'd have our happy ending. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do another Bachelor first and then opt for a Bachelorette - I'd like to see them choose somebody new every series.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm

I love the last line of this article by Bianka. She seems to have a sense of humor too. Explains why you them laughing together so much during the show.

Q&A: The Bachelor Canada’s Brad Smith and his lucky lady, Bianka Kamber
Much to our recapper’s relief, in this week’s episode of The Bachelor Canada, Brad Smith gave his very last rose to Bianka Kamber, a 28-year-old nurse from Mississauga. Yesterday, we chatted with the pair about keeping secrets, the Argos’ chances at the Grey Cup this weekend and the origin of the nickname “Cheeseburger.”

(Image: CityTV)
Congratulations on your engagement! How are you two dealing with the big revelation?
Brad Smith: Just trying to slowly live our first day in real life. Bianka set up this thing last night where I walked into her parents’ house the second the show was over. Everyone just went bananas.

Bianka Kamber: It’s surreal!

There has been an incredible amount of attention paid to the show. Do you guys read the recaps and analysis?
BS: I read it the first couple of weeks, but I tried to live off what I remember as being filmed instead of people micro-analyzing my decisions—although most of them were hilarious.

After each episode aired, did you two have a lot to explain to each other?
BS: We got about 14 days as soon as the show stopped to kind of figure out, “OK, the cameras are gone, do we really like each other this much?” It took about four minutes to realize that it was the best decision of our lives. In that 14-day period, we basically found out every single thing about what we each did on the entire show.

Brad, you’re in Toronto and Bianka, you’re in Mississauga. You must be able to see a lot of each other now?
BS: I just moved into her parents’ house last night!

BK. He’s currently occupying the right side of my queen-size bed!

BS: It’s the European thing. We’re going to try to buy a house within the next couple of months, but until then, her parents are just so excited to have me—at least they tell me they’re excited.

You guys call each other “cheeseburger”—where did that come from?
BK: It’s kind of funny how it happened. He called me a cheeseburger because I made him this little picture with the map of the world, and I mapped out the places where we’d travelled and called it our Journey of Love. He saw it while we were cheers-ing, and he said, “Oh, you’re such a cheeseburger!” And so instead of saying “Cheers,” I said “Cheese,” and it kind of stuck. It’s kind of our thing now. Everyone’s calling us cheeseburgers.

Do you guys actually like cheeseburgers?
BS: This girl loves cheeseburgers. I’m more of a spicy chicken type. JBCs at Wendy’s all day.

Brad, at the beginning of the show, you said you were not a crier. But you cried a lot this season!
BS: If you’re sincere and genuine toward the process, you have to go through those conversations and feelings. I cried once because I was sad, and the other time was at the proposal because I was the happiest I’ve ever been. Also, having a conversation not only with the girl that you’re talking to but with a lot of other people who are watching intensifies everything.

Bianka, did you end up making friends or enemies in the house?
BK: I would say that I only made friends in the house. I’m not a confrontational type of person. The two girls I was closest with were Nicole and Ana, but I also had very close relationships with Chantelle and Laura B.

Did any of them know about you and Brad?
BS: The only people who knew were our parents and siblings.

And Whitney, I guess?
BS: And yes! I think Whitney too.

The way things ended with her was a little strange. Were you as confused as we viewers were?
BS: You never want to be the one that’s getting dumped. It happens. It sucks. But when I knock on your door, you kinda know what’s going on. How she handled it was kinda the most awkward thing I’ve ever seen a human being do.

It must have been really strange for you to watch on TV, Bianka.
BK: You know what? It didn’t even faze me. I’m here with him now, and the rest is history.

Brad, what’s it like watching the Argos make it to the Grey Cup in Toronto?
BS: Oh man, I’m so excited. I’m so excited for Ricky Ray. I’m so excited for David Braley and the whole organization. They’ve been flying under the radar, and they need something to spark a resurgence in CFL football in Toronto. And I’m almost willing to put my money down that Ricky Ray wins that game.

Care to make a prediction?
BS: I’d say Toronto takes it by a touchdown in a shootout.

Are you two going to attend the game?
BS: We’re gonna try. Bianka hates football though, so…

BK: I guess I’ll start learning—I know nothing about football. But if he wants to go, and he wants me there, I’ll go, I’ll watch, I’ll crush some beers with him and call it a night.

ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:24 pm

I know this isn't about The Bachelor Canada, but I wanted to post it in this thread.

I will make a new Bachelor Big Brother Forum if enough people tell me they plan on watching it next year. It starts soon! :Smiley:

Original Video- More videos at TinyPic
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:27 am

I think BB starts in February???

I'll DEFINITELY be watching!!

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:29 am

I'll most likely be watching.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:08 am

Love_Me, that would be great. I have never watched one before, but I will watch the Canadian version.

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 33 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:31 am

anders wrote:I think BB starts in February???

I'll DEFINITELY be watching!!

just logic wrote:I'll most likely be watching.

Brill wrote: Love_Me, that would be great. I have never watched one before, but I will watch the Canadian version.

I will for sure make a Big Brother Canada Forum then soon. It is one of my favorite reality shows. The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 33 2525325170
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:37 am

I'll be watching BB Canada... without a doubt. :yes:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Bachelor Canada ROCKS!

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:16 pm

This season kicked a$$!!!!

I think its so cute that Brad and Bianka are living in Biankas parents house while they house hunt in Toronto. The videos of the couple are so cute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Canada - Media - Discussion

+41
Mr&MrsSmith
tigertiz
Mirzam
provenceguy
ja1968