SELECT CONTENT

Ringer - Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ringer - Discussion Empty Ringer - Discussion

Post by deedreamer Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:26 am

Is anyone watching this show? It is getting so good with more twists than a pretzel. The last two weeks have been especially good with the surprises. Last night's ending I did not see coming at all. I can't wait until Bridgett and Sioban come face to face but then I wonder if that would be the end of the show.

Ringer - Discussion TeamJemSigTag

Be aware of half truths - you may have the wrong half
If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Female Posts : 939

http://thetoyboxgrannies.com

Back to top Go down

Ringer - Discussion Empty Re: Ringer - Discussion

Post by GrahamGal Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:56 pm

deedreamer wrote:Is anyone watching this show? It is getting so good with more twists than a pretzel. The last two weeks have been especially good with the surprises. Last night's ending I did not see coming at all. I can't wait until Bridgett and Sioban come face to face but then I wonder if that would be the end of the show.

This is another show I really love, but need to catch up on. I am 3 weeks behind right now. I hear that it is not likely to be picked up for another season which is sad because it's a really good show with lots of twists and surprises.

#teamjodi #teamsushi #teamjash #teamcupcake #teamarie #teameinstein
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

I really hope that the rumor is not true. I love this show but I think it got jerked around with big breaks and all in the start. The twists and turns in this one are great and a lot of them you don't see coming at all. You will love the past 3 weeks when you catch up. I won't talk about them to spoil it for you. Several things really surprized me. Very clever writing.

I only hope that if they really are not going to renew it that they will wrap up the story line properly.

If you can't impress them with intelligence you can always baffle them with bullsh*t
Will Rogers said that he never met a man he didn't like...but then he never met Mike Fleiss
deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Wow Ringer keeps getting more and more plot twists. Everytime I think I have something figured out they throw another wrench into the mix. Sometimes I think Shioban wants Bridget dead and other times I think not. It was great getting some of the background on the police detective Machedo last night and some insight to why he is so dillegent with persuing Bridget. Now they have introduced a new police guy and it is hard to tell if he is going to be a "bad" guy or not. Definitely some hints there. Andrew's personality is getting kind of clouded so it is starting to be difficult to tell where his head is in all of this too.

deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm

I love all the twist and turns we get with this show. In the end this show revolves around Bridget so while Siobhan may want to kill Bridget it will be Bridget that prevails in the end. Unfortunately I don't think we will get to see the end. I believe we will be left with a cliffhanger, the show will not be picked up and we will have to come up with our own ending.

Hope I am wrong, but Zap2It featured site By The Numbers predicts that this show and at least one other (between Nikita, Gossip Girls, and Hart of Dixie) will be cancelled. Unfortunately the formulas they use are hardly ever wrong and they have improved those formulas over last year so they are even more likely this year to be correct. Ringer is in the category of "more likely to be cancelled than renewed by May, 2012" with two sad faces.

Program Renew/ Cancel Index
Ringer 0.67
Nikita (F) 0.73
Hart Of Dixie 0.79
Gossip Girl 0.80
90210 0.94
The Secret Circle 1.05
One Tree Hill final season 1.05
Supernatural (F) 1.09
Vampire Diaries 1.79

With Ringer separating itself from the CW pack to the downside, the network is still certain to cancel one more scripted show (and maybe more) and it will almost certainly choose from Hart Of Dixie, Nikita and Gossip Girl.

Even though its spring ratings are as woeful as Hart Of Dixie, I'd give Gossip Girl a bit more chance at renewal than the other two. Call it the "Dawn Ostroff Memorial Renewal".

It's impossible for me to separate the chances of Hart Of Dixie and Nikita. Nikita ratings are lower, but it's on Friday. But, it's in its second season and has had two "bites at the apple" to distinguish itself. Hart Of Dixie may get a renewal just to give it a second chance. Or not, they could both be canceled.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/cw-will-gossip-girl-get-the-dawn-ostroff-memorial-renewal-over-hart-of-dixie-nikita/123022/

GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:43 am

Another good night. Shioban confuses me. It is hard to figure out her motivation in all this. Sometimes it seems all about getting back at Bridget and sometimes it seems like there is more to it. From the previews for next week it looks like Bridget and Shioban are finally going to come face to face. I am really looking forward to it. I was a little confused on the body they found last night and on the significance of the Tarot card. LOL then I am often confused about what is going on until they make things clearer in the next episode. I wish this show was in a better time slot with a better lead in...I hate that they are thinking of cancelling it. It is one of my fave shows now as it is so unpredictable. Even some of my favs like Castle are getting predictable so this one seems like a breath of fresh air.

deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:17 pm

First about the show:

I still think Malcolm is alive. He is too important to Bridget to be killed. I think if he was dead we would have seen a body by now. Siobhan's confusing to me as well. Just shows there is a fine line between love and hate. In the end I think Henry will be the demise of Siobhan. I think the significance of the tarot card hasn't been revealed yet, but should in the next couple episodes. The dead body is someone I think Malcolm killed in self defense, but is laying low until he can go to Machado. The head body was a henchman for Macawi. I think the problem with this show finding an audience, especially on the CW, is that it makes people have to pay attention and think to much.

Now to if it will be renewed:

The finale is set for April 17th so we have at least 4 more episodes. I copied an interview with "Andrew" and the bolded was what I was affraid would happen. They are setting up for a second season and not tying up the loose ends. I really hope they are wrong about this show being canceled. It was doing good until it went on a 2 month hiatus. :headbanging

This is an article about the show with comments from an interview TVLine did with "Andrew". I linked the entire TVLine interview at the end.

At the start of the season, Ringer looked like it had a very good chance of being renewed for a second season. Unfortunately, the ratings really started to slide once it returned from a two month hiatus. Now, the CW TV series looks more likely to be cancelled.

TVLine recently spoke to co-star Ioan Gruffudd, who plays Sarah Michelle Gellar’s brother-in-law/husband on the show, about the prospects of a second season. This is what he had to say:

As far as knowing [about Season 2] in an official capacity, nobody knows right now. I think everybody’s vying for that attention from the network. We’re very aware of the numbers and that it’s a numbers game. Creatively, we think we have a very strong chance, but as far as numbers, they might reflect a different story. From a personal standpoint, I haven’t even wavered. I was recently cleaning out my trailer and I was trying to remember things to bring back with me next year. It’s the first time I’ve been in this situation where I’ve been on a show for the full 22 [episodes] and we don’t know anything; there are no indicators. As far as the storyline is concerned, we’ve set it up as if we are coming back. We’re not shying away from anything and we haven’t been asked to tie things up neatly — we’ve been given leeway to present new ideas for next season. So, I haven’t wavered in my belief that we are coming back. But you know, I’ve been wrong in the past. [Laughs]

Check out the full interview for the actor’s thoughts about his character and the latest shocking developments on Ringer.

http://tvline.com/2012/03/13/ringer-ioan-gruffudd-season-1-finale-preview/

GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 am

Again I have to sing the praises of this show. I am shocked that more people are not watching. It is so good that I thought more interest would be generated in it by word of mouth alone.

Again with the shocks and surprises last night. This whole bunch is such schemers and con artists with each other.

Last night had at least 3 twists and surprises that I didn't see coming...the storyline around the Palm Springs house, the storyline around Henry and his Father-in-law, and last but not least, finding out who is really behind the attacks on Shiobans life.

Once again the previews let us believe that Shioban and Bridget were going to come face to face and they just faked us out again.

The writing and acting on this series is so exceptional that I can't believe it is not doing very well. I think a lot of that is to be blamed on the station...they gave us only a couple episodes then went into a long hiatus before we really got back to the series. I really hate when they do that and it is happening more all the time. We need to start a twitter campaign to get this show some recognition.

deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by deedreamer Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm

So this season is done and now we have to wait and see it it gets picked up again or not. The way things were going in the last episode I thought one of the girls were going to be killed and leave us wondering which one but at least they didn't do that to us. So everyone is broken up with everyone lol. I was ticked that Andrew was so judgemental of Bridget...she has been so great to him and he has not actually been all that truthful and without reproach either. At least we know that Bridget knows that Shioban is alive and wanted to kill her. I am betting that Shioban's twins are really Andrew's. It is hard to speculate where they will take the story from here since so much seems to be resolved or out in the open. Maybe it will be wether Andrew will take Shioban back thinking the babies are his or if he will take Bridget back because she is the one he is really in love with. Maybe Bridget will plan to kill Shioban and take her place again ... this time as mother to the twins. Lots of options out there. Anyhow I will be so unhappy if this show does not come back. It had actually replaced Castle as my favorite one for this season.

deedreamer
deedreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Fri May 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Sorry deedreamer, but Ringer was officially cancelled today. :angryemotion

GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat May 12, 2012 9:07 pm

I think the CW is the worst network. The reason why I didn't watch it was due to it being on that network. I still am pissed at how they handled Smallville. :angryemotion So, Gossip Girl fans, just beware.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GrahamGal Sun May 13, 2012 1:12 am

atem wrote:I think the CW is the worst network. The reason why I didn't watch it was due to it being on that network. I still am pissed at how they handled Smallville. :angryemotion So, Gossip Girl fans, just beware.

I agree, I think it could have been a hit on another network.

GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ringer - Discussion

3 posters