SELECT CONTENT

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 Empty Re: Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by terabithia Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 pm

Mustang19 wrote:Her nursery is very cute, and soothing. I love the soft colors. I wasn't an Ali fan on TB either, but did like First Look. My opinion of her has softened.

My first thought when I saw the picture of the nursery and flowers on the wall - and I'm dating myself here - is that old HGTV show Trading Spaces. They had that one whacky designer Hildi Santo-Thomas (sp). She did a bathroom in some couple's bathroom of silk flowers glue-gunned to the walls. It was Hideous! Ali's looks much better.

I thought of the exact same room on Trading Spaces, and it truly was hideous. This nursery rose wall looks better but I still would've nixed the idea if the designer had presented me with it in the planning stages. Even if I liked it I wouldn't have wanted to hear everyone say "Oh it's like that awful bathroom on that design show... oh no, this looks nicer, I didn't mean it like, uh, in bad way." Gaaaaah. haha, good thing it's not in my home I guess!
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 Empty Re: Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by albean99 Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:19 pm

It a pretty baby girl's room. Here's a link to Ali's blog post reflecting on her pregnancy. I like that she was honest about the not so great things. Once you have your baby you tend to forget all that but it can be a long 9 months for some people.

http://www.aliluvs.com/blog/2016/6/16/37-weeks-pregnant

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:16 pm

albean99 wrote:
http://www.aliluvs.com/blog/2016/6/16/37-weeks-pregnant

Looks as if she needs to 'drop' before she can expect labor - just sayin'
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5308

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:03 am

bluwavz wrote:
Us Weekly ‏@usweekly 8m8 minutes ago
Exclusive: Sneak a peek inside @AliFedotowsky's gorgeous nursery! http://usm.ag/28PUkCh
Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 ClpC7deWYAA7TTy

All I could think when I saw this room is that I hope the baby doesn't have allergies. Those roses are going to collect so much dust....
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:24 am

I didn't even consider this, but you are right and that is difficult to keep dust free. I thought it was wallpaper!  
Not a good idea, at all, imo.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 am

Wait, it's not wallpaper? Totally thought it was too. Lol

Yeah glueing fake flowers to the wall doesn't sound the best idea for a baby's room both in terms of the dust and future choking hazard if the kid pulls one off the wall.

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 87b72b10 Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 86669110 Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:30 am

^^ Lots of little things you think you need but don't, or don't even think about until the babe arrives! She'll figure it out!! I spent forever and a day creating the perfect nursery. Now I have blankets hanging over my perfectly picked out curtains to block out the light even more, because babies that sleep >>> room decore. laugh out loud laugh out loud Also, all my cute little decorations and nicnacs are all pretty much scrapped, because I've got two 20 month old twins, that have learned to scale their cribs, will get into EVERYTHING and will ruin everything in sight! laugh out loud
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:56 am

Gotta say, that is the dumbest idea for a nursery, or for that matter any room, I have ever seen. What could that interior decorator have been thinking? I see that baby starting to cruise and pulling roses off the wall, sneezing, mouthing, choking, God forbid.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:40 am

This is what everyone was saying about the fake flower room on Trading Spaces back when it aired, it seemed like such a bad idea for many reasons (plus it was ugly). 

But I think the TS designer actually glued or stapled the flowers onto the walls. Ali mentioned in her interview that Kevin put the panels up. So I think that means the flowers in the nursery will be easy to remove, just pull the panels off the wall and find a dumpster.

ETA: Ali talked about this photo shoot on Snapchat a couple weeks ago. She specifically mentioned they would put the bumpers on the crib for the pictures because they looked cute (probably part of the sponsorship publicity deal too) but they'd come right off. In case anyone was wondering if she was aware of those dangers.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:27 am

That makes more sense, having them attached to a panel.

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 59 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:53 am

I thought it was wallpaper also. Yikes. That's not a good idea at all. They're going to have to move the crib away from the wall once the baby gets mobile. Hopefully someone close to them will nicely let them know and they can switch it out for wallpaper.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:01 am

IDK. It's a huge dust venus fly trap. It's going to be rank in a week. Think of the amount of febreeze that room is going to need. 
Take it down now and do something else when there is still time. cantstopl

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 69 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ali Fedotowsky & Kevin Manno - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

+128
kikora
aviej
Ash2214
BachfanNY
Duke702