SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Page 56 of 56 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:06 pm

And one meeting is enough to be sure that the guy is going to make a good dad? I suppose there is the outside chance that Ricki would take an instant and inexplicable dislike to the guy, but the only way to know and feel secure that it's going to work in that area is for Ricki to spend serious time with Emily's "fiance". AFAIC, the "engagement" is just for show, like all the rest of them from this franchise have been, and the couple will know when it becomes more than that, if it ever does. And that won't happen until Jef has spent a lot more time with Ricki than one visit.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:08 pm

ironcat wrote:And one meeting is enough to be sure that the guy is going to make a good dad? I suppose there is the outside chance that Ricki would take an instant and inexplicable dislike to the guy, but the only way to know and feel secure that it's going to work in that area is for Ricki to spend serious time with Emily's "fiance". AFAIC, the "engagement" is just for show, like all the rest of them from this franchise have been, and the couple will know when it becomes more than that, if it ever does. And that won't happen until Jef has spent a lot more time with Ricki than one visit.

I think she'll have a long engagement. :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Hottie Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:09 pm

veg_out wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
veg_out wrote:
cupcakes wrote:So Ricki hasn't met her F1?

The plot thickens. :WAVEY: hmmm

And her mother doesn't know who she picked?

and she hasn't met Jef's parents?

This is the kind of stuff that makes me :headbanging about this season. How could she be engaged to someone under these circumstances? Is it Emily, TPTB or me who is insane?
Dr_Hottie
Dr_Hottie

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:10 pm

ironcat wrote:And one meeting is enough to be sure that the guy is going to make a good dad? I suppose there is the outside chance that Ricki would take an instant and inexplicable dislike to the guy, but the only way to know and feel secure that it's going to work in that area is for Ricki to spend serious time with Emily's "fiance". AFAIC, the "engagement" is just for show, like all the rest of them from this franchise have been, and the couple will know when it becomes more than that, if it ever does. And that won't happen until Jef has spent a lot more time with Ricki than one visit.

Yeah, but then why did they make a point of keeping in the first episode Emily's reflection on her engagements and that the next time would be the last time. Is this engagement just for show, or is this engagement because she's in love?
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
cupcakes wrote:So Ricki hasn't met her F1?

That is just scary on so many levels. Now I question this girl.

Well she met Brad, and that didn't turn out so well, did it?

Things did not turn out well with Brad but she still decided to open herself up to this process. I still question. Should I have added IMO as it seem so necessary to do nowadays ?

Not sure how I offended you? I was just adding my opinion, too. Suspect
I'm sorry. However, I still question her on this point.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:17 pm

veg_out wrote:

Yeah, but then why did they make a point of keeping in the first episode Emily's reflection on her engagements and that the next time would be the last time. Is this engagement just for show, or is this engagement because she's in love?

Oh, I'm sure she thinks she's in love, and did at the time. When I say "for show", I mean under the influence of the Bachelor Bubble, where they forget about how ridiculous the whole thing probably would be in the real world.

The way I look at it, an engagement is just words here and means nothing, and the guy doesn't even have to spring for the ring. As long as the couple doesn't actually jump the gun and get married until they figure out if it can really work between them, it's not such a big deal. Plenty of people get engaged multiple times in real life, and then break them off, and they aren't wounded, traumatized or stigmatized for life, why should the fools on this show be any different? Hugesmile

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 pm

I think Emily will tell her mom who she picked before the finale airs. She said her mom didn't know who she picked during her interview with Jimmy Kimmel, but that was after the second episode. I'm sure her mom knows the outcome or maybe I'm wrong.

If Jef was willing to propose to Emily without having her meet his parents than I don't see what the problem is. She met the rest of his family and I guess that was sufficient for the both of them.

I will be a little surprised if Ricki did not meet the F1, but Emily did say she regretted letting Brad meet Ricki so I guess she is going to wait a little bit longer for that to happen this time around!

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

http://bachandbachettefans.forumotion.com/t1124-bachelorette-8-media-discussion
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 56 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

+113
BachfanNY
Pierz
joliepaige
sopearl
lapcoffee