SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 8 - Ratings thread

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Ratings thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Ratings thread

Post by glazedover Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Maybe a good choice for her. Maybe this will give her room to breathe and grow with his encouragement. I think it gives her a pool of possibilities to swim around in, unlike the life she would have had with either of the other two for varying reasons. The Mormon factor doesn't seem to be a deal breaker here....Jef is not subsumed by his background. Or, it could be as you say, and she will just get homogenized into the group. It would be interesting to follow if I thought I would still care about it next month.

p.s. Always enjoy your commentary, jlccaz.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 8 - Ratings thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 8 - Ratings thread

Post by NCGalBecca Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:25 pm

From TVbytheNumbers:

On ABC The Bachelorette earned a non-holiday season low 2.2, down three tenths from last week's 2.5 adults 18-49 rating.

The Bachelorette: Men Tell All (8-10 PM) 2.2 7.081M

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/07/17/tv-ratings-monday-hells-kitchen-masterchef-american-ninja-warrior-and-fear-factor-rise-while-the-bachelorette-hits-new-low/141798/

Not bad for the MTA which drags down the ratings but still down 12% from last week.

To top Ashley's finale for next week they need to bring in 2.5 million more viewers - in a different time slot - an interesting challenge which kind of explains the vague previews. However, I think most finale viewers want to see the love at this point instead of a whodunit kind of ending - a shot of the dress, at least.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by doantam Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:34 pm

I believe if the MTA or WTA episode is aired in the show's usual time slot, the ratings are not different from regular episodes'.

Ashley's MTA was aired on Sunday therefore only drew in around 6 million. But Ben's WTA was on Monday night and the number of viewers stayed the same.

Emily's finale will be on Sunday and I agree it will be a challenge to top last year's finale, hence the live ATFR? Last year the finale had 9.3 million for 2 hours, but more than 10 million for the last half hour.

Someone said last week's episode wasn't the best one for viewers who tuned in last week for the first time this season and it may be true. This MTA episode has average number of viewers for each episode since the season started.

doantam

Back to top Go down

Post by luluvega Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:31 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:
To top Ashley's finale for next week they need to bring in 2.5 million more viewers - in a different time slot - an interesting challenge which kind of explains the vague previews. However, I think most finale viewers want to see the love at this point instead of a whodunit kind of ending - a shot of the dress, at least.

They dropped the ball big time this season in terms of the way they promoted the show this season and the way they edited the episodes. The fact that we are now comparing this season to Ashley's, where the finale was the lowest rated ever for a Bachelorette and her overall season's ratings were some of the weakest, is telling.

luluvega

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Just so we all have the Correct benchmark in mind -- The last After the Final Rose "bombshell" (Jason/Melissa/Molly) scored 17.5 million viewers.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Lol..no worries about Jason's high water mark being touched. While I haven't looked at their competition for the evening except BB which is only the first hour, I think they're going to have to stretch to top Ashley's mark - even with the live ATFR. Five days away and it seems like the buzz about the show is flat at best.

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 pm

I think a large part of what helps the ratings are the tabloids and this season the tabloids haven't been spreading Emily across their front pages nearly as much as leads were in the past. The Tom Cruise divorce scandel has taken over and bumped them to the inside.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:58 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Lol..no worries about Jason's high water mark being touched. While I haven't looked at their competition for the evening except BB which is only the first hour, I think they're going to have to stretch to top Ashley's mark - even with the live ATFR. Five days away and it seems like the buzz about the show is flat at best.

I think that many, many, many people are fatigued by an outdated show that repeatedly yields unsuccessful relationships after it shoves a highly scripted, staged, and fabricated non-reality down our willing throats. Ben's season turned so many people off, and I'm not sure that they can recover against their competition. I think Fleiss needs to recognize. To date, after 24 seasons, the franchise has only yielded two marriages, and, what?, four relationships that lasted more than a year!

I'm happy for Ash if her season bests this one. That poor girl suffered mercilessly and was labeled the worst bachelorette, and she's a gem.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 am

I agree with both of you. Also, something about this season seemed to lack even "faux" joy to me. The shows had such a gray, heavy feeling to them and then for them to opt to not even promote some happiness at the end seems like a misstep to me. Time will tell I guess.

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:08 am

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/02/bachelors_surprising_ratings_b.php

This was a fun read about Jason's show and its ratings. He saved the series!
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:15 am

The Jason show and then the switcheroo were some crazy times. Not only for the show, but his rise and fall was pretty intense, too.

NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 am

https://www.youtube.com/v/VO8aUVNGqos?

Oddly enough, he described his relationships with the two of them TO A TEE in this finale preview. It's just that he picked Ultimate Wife over Passion, and regretted that. So we were treated to Jason's Big Do Over.

I pulled this from FORT. It is hilarious to go back and read the threads leading up to the big announcement. A bunch of us knew before Steve C. (an obscure blogger) exactly what had gone on with the closed set ATFR tapings, but we were vilified and attacked. Then Steve came out with it. And he was attacked. And then, the break up / make out aired. Most shocking finale.

A very high bar. Revived the series.

I really doubt Fleiss has anything like that up his sleeve, but Arie did say he was keeping a Big Secret.

(By the way, I still totally predict jef proposes, Emily says yes, and we have a rather dumb live event).
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 8 - Ratings thread

+28
just logic
jlccaz
glazedover
instinct
Chacharo