SELECT CONTENT

Roberto Martinez Jr - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Page 30 of 64 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Roberto Martinez Jr - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Roberto Martinez Jr - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by Alanna Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:34 am

So Rob's new lady friend looks exactly like Ali while Ali has said in some magazine that her "type" is some Jewish comedian who can't look more different than Latin Roberto. I think this means something! Ali was trying to like Rob but Rob really did like Ali. LOL.
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Roberto Martinez Jr - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Roberto Martinez Jr - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

Post by Amberish Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:56 am

I still say the break up had to do with money, based upon the timing of what went down.

Ali's had just learned her afternoon talk show was cancelled and Roberto certainly knew his agency wasn't producing well enough to avoid being dropped by State Farm, thus losing his sizable State Farm start up investment.

All bad and on top of rumors from the time that Ali broke her leg that the two were not getting along. :(

Last edited by Amberish on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:25 am

Amberish wrote:I still say the break up had to do with money, based upon the timing of what went down.

Ali's had just learned her afternoon talk show was cancelled and Roberto certainly knew his agency wasn't producing well enough to avoid being dropped by State Farm, thus losing his sizable State Farm start up investment.

I'm being dense, but how would that lead to their break-up? And, Roberto wasn't dropped by State Farm, was he?

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

Can't see the pictures.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:44 am

chasingpavements wrote:
Amberish wrote:I still say the break up had to do with money, based upon the timing of what went down.

I'm being dense, but how would that lead to their break-up? And, Roberto wasn't dropped by State Farm, was he?

Roberto switched from State Farm to Farmers after 12 months.

Agencies don't quit industry leader State Farm for Farmers. Just doesn't happen. Plus State Farm doesn't pay agency start up fees. That's put up by the agency and is lost if the agency fails to meet quota. Roberto probably lost as much as 20 grand and then had to turn around and invest into Farmers.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:54 am

^^Ahh, I didn't realize he had switched - I haven't really been following. I still don't see how that would lead to them breaking up.

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Cannot see pics posted this a.m.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:51 pm

Sorry, I am not sure why the pictures are not showing up.

Here is a link to photos taken at the event:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=166006861&EditorialProduct=Entertainment
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:55 am

Thanks, Love_Me....Bachelornation on parade!

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm

chasingpavements wrote:^^Ahh, I didn't realize he had switched - I haven't really been following. I still don't see how that would lead to them breaking up.

Money. Why most couples break up.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:01 am

Amberish wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:^^Ahh, I didn't realize he had switched - I haven't really been following. I still don't see how that would lead to them breaking up.

Money. Why most couples break up.

Yeah, but they were still both doing well enough, and they have both bettered their careers since the breakup. Also, having a televised wedding would have meant more money anyways. If it was just about the money, they would have gotten back together. I still maintain, from their wedding timeline and everything that they have said, it was just because they were too different.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 am

At the time they broke up they knew that everything they tried to build for their life together fell apart.

Roberto knew he wasn't making quota and was either in debt or knew he was losing what could have been his life savings as the 20-30 grand he paid to State Farm to create his own agency was soon to be gone. Agency aside, he was new to the California insurance market and, at that point, couldn't even have been making that much of a living. Ali had spent an entire year (post Bachelorette) working for very little, trying to make television into a career, and poof, the talk show co-host gig she landed cancelled when it was to begin and her dream was gone.

As a couple, they were doing fine and then it began to leak that they were arguing in public. Three months later, immediately after their last paid appearance for their bachelorette notoriety (last for they were no longer relevant), they broke up.

I guess I'm outing myself by admitting to be old young enough to acknowledge that money issues can and will put all sorts of stress on any relationship. If financially they were doing well enough, what would they have to publicly argue about?
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 64 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 47 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Roberto Martinez Jr - Bachelorette 6 - Discussion

+113
provenceguy
flojo031
TrishB
Mommyof2
sanlee088