SELECT CONTENT

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 45 Empty Re: About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Post by Aunties_Love Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:26 pm

Has anyone seen San or Love_Me on here lately?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info - Page 45 Empty Re: About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

Post by atem Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:Has anyone seen San or Love_Me on here lately?
They haven't been here in a long time. I don't know if they are ever coming back.

Same for Bee.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:02 pm

atem wrote:
They haven't been here in a long time.  I don't know if they are ever coming back.

Same for Bee.
Does anyone know what's happened and are they still the mods/admin on the site? Is anyone else taken over that role?

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:
They haven't been here in a long time.  I don't know if they are ever coming back.

Same for Bee.
Does anyone know what's happened and are they still the mods/admin on the site?  Is anyone else taken over that role?
Not that I know of.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:13 am

atem wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
atem wrote:

Same for Bee.
Does anyone know what's happened and are they still the mods/admin on the site?  Is anyone else taken over that role?
Not that I know of.  
OK, thanks. seems totally out of character for them to be out of contact. Hope they are fine!!

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:13 am

Hi everyone!  Some of our fellow posters are having viruses from this site!  If there's one thing I cannot stand are hackers and those that spread their sick viruses or worse!

I recommend going to http://www.komando.com/  Kim Komando.  She is a radio host for a long time and has given great advice to some free sites to detect viruses, etc.

I use McAfee Total Protection.  It's not enough just to have something that protects you from viruses, but from Trojans, etc. too. I think computer companies and software companies should pay for it, but that's my opinion. Other pain in the rear is that it only lasts so long before you have to re-new it.  no 

Anyone else have some good suggestions?
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:04 pm

An insider tip from IT circles (not me;): Malwarebytes- "full scan" mode
It’s free and it picks up anything... The free version is a "cleaning" tool not an all-around anti-virus program (that's the "pro" version) but it cleans up all your files and removes all those pesky malwares and Trojans... run the "full scan" mode in the background. (takes very long) and you'll find up to HUNDREDS of malwares, if you never used such a tool before.

Check out their Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Malwarebytes
They also have some very good info about all the new malwares and viruses that are going around

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by DKWillis Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:53 pm

l use my cable provider cogeco (15+ yrs its not compatible w/any other anti-virus protection u have to remove any on ur system) & love it and its free too.  Never had to remove/take it in for a virus/trojan of any sort (knock on wood).  Have my settings on high/scans my computer 3am every nite. They have their own all around protection/firewall/scans all my downloads & web pgs l travel to-warns of unsafe sites/when a program wants to take over/over right/make any changes to another etc..  If it has picked up anything it quaintines it & ask me what to do and l just look at the text it is showing me and l hit DELETE so l
dont open nothing when l get any warning from my program DELETE safer that way

Last edited by DKWillis on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted twice how IDK)

DKWillis

Female Posts : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by DKWillis Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Thanks for addressing that concern ppl. l use my cable provider cogeco (15+ yrs its not compatible w/any other anti-virus protection u have to remove any on ur system) & love it and its free too.  Never had to remove/take it in for a virus/trojan of any sort (knock on wood).  Have my settings on high/scans my computer 3am every nite. They have their own all around protection/firewall/scans all my downloads & web pgs l travel to-warns of unsafe sites/when a program wants to take over/over right/make any changes to another etc..  If it has picked up anything it quaintines it & ask me what to do and l just look at the text it is showing me and l hit DELETE so l
dont open nothing when l get any warning from my program DELETE safer that way

DKWillis

Female Posts : 1013

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:28 pm

atem wrote:Hi everyone!  Some of our fellow posters are having viruses from this site!  If there's one thing I cannot stand are hackers and those that spread their sick viruses or worse!

I recommend going to http://www.komando.com/  Kim Komando.  She is a radio host for a long time and has given great advice to some free sites to detect viruses, etc.

I use McAfee Total Protection.  It's not enough just to have something that protects you from viruses, but from Trojans, etc. too. I think computer companies and software companies should pay for it, but that's my opinion. Other pain in the rear is that it only lasts so long before you have to re-new it.  no 

Anyone else have some good suggestions?
Comcast includes Norton Security Suite ... I had no clue it was included until last year.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks for sharing your info guys! bowdown 

Also, Bee recently tweeted! realitvwithbee I hope she posts here again soon.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:54 pm

This kinda sucks, is there ANY way to get in contact with the mods?? I honestly do not understand what is going on.. This forum has 11k+ members and we don't have moderators :Frown: ...
If they do not want to continue with this site(for whatever reason, a lot of things could have happened, no finger-pointing here, I am very thankful for this site) then please give 1 other person access to editing(moderating)  
Heck, I would even do it my self, (I like things neat and done poperly.. :P )

This is really not ideal... and the fact that they disappeared around the same time is also kind of weird... Again I am sure there are completely understandably reasons, but please at least name a new moderator.

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 79 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 62 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

About Our Site - Announcements - Important Info

+121
lipsis
MiniDiva
bilolo
glazedover
sallysue47