SELECT CONTENT

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by Admin Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:14 am

Dana Weiss @Possessionista

Choosing the guy was the hardest thing @EmilyMaynard ever did until she had to answer fashion questions @InStyle tonight. @RobynRossTVG
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:17 am

Fascinator11 wrote:
Bloven wrote:
exfortis wrote:Her ABC bio does mention that "Next on her list is a mission trip to Africa," which might account for the shots ... or the 2 new PeopleWater wells in Ghana to be done at the end of July'12 (per their blog). Hmmm.

Just remember that Cassie is part of an organization called Drop in the bucket which provides water and sanitation to child in Africa so there is no way to know if she plans to go to Africa with Cassie or Jef. Those bios were written as the shows were still airing so I lean that its more likely she is going with Cassie if at all. They could be allergy shots.

I don't think Cassie is going to Africa any time soon because she is getting married at the beginning of August. In Emily's bio she said she was going on a mission trip to Africa so that is probably with her church or maybe she is going with Jef to Ghana! Hugesmile

Schools in NC start mid to late August (I think around the 20th). With the finale airing on July 22nd I would assume there are contracted press events for the couple for a week or so. Most travel sites reccomend getting the vaccinations at least one month in advance if not earlier. If Emily followed these recs it woud be cutting it close to make it back for Ricki's first day of school which I assume M might not want to miss especially if Ricki is starting a new school where the fiancé lives. Maybe she just got allergy shots.

Back to top Go down

Post by veg_out Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:30 am

I want to address this post here since I didn't want to take the Jef thread off topic:

shoepie wrote:WOW. I don't need confirmation but this is really blatant. I wonder if Fleiss will ban tweeting next season. Seems likely.

Perfect timing to keep them from being acosted on the streets, too!

Spivey has commented on this topic. Twitter has been around for the past few seasons, including Ali's, Brad's, Ashley's, and Ben's, with increasing degrees of visibility for either the lead, the contestants or both.

Ali and her guys were shut down until the finale, except that Roberto changed his Twitter picture to the one of him taken by Ali in Fiji, which added to the pile that she picked him. But they did not tweet during the season.

During Brad's season, the girls couldn't use Twitter or Facebook at least until either they were eliminated or the MTA. Brad didn't have a Twitter. We also got a clue when Emily changed her Twitter picture.

During Ashley's season, Ashley's Twitter was locked for the season, but her guys, esp. Ben, continued to tweet, and at least once, Elan issued a crackdown on them for being too wily. I also think that they had a moratorium from the FSDs through the finale. JP didn't have a Twitter.

Ben's season had the lead being a presence on Twitter, and his tweets were a big indicator of things. He was tracked on FourSquare often, but Courtney and Lindsey didn't have Twitters yet. I think the MTA was when they could all come out to play.

In the past, there was a no social media clause that they needed to abide by.

I often suspect that social media this season is either part of a larger experiment for the show or an extension of the story or both. It's added to the confusion or confirmed things for many people. It will be interesting to see if they go back to the no social media clause or if they continue to use it as a storytelling tool.
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by just logic Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:38 am

RE Veg-out's statement above - I do think this season was an experiment for them and just from Millsy's one tweet that he gave earlier regarding it I don't think they'll allow it to continue. I think they've also experimented with the edit this season and with the previews they've been giving. I think the tweets (while I've enjoyed reading them) should be clamped down on a lot more (more specifics given to the contestents) and I hate the lack of previews for forthcoming shows beyond the 'next week on the...." The edit, for me, has been all over the place which, if it was done to confuse long-time fans, has done the job.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.
just logic
just logic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:52 am

I am one of those summer bachelorette junkies (I am a teacher) that tends to get into it at the end of the season if I like the guys. Unfortunately it is like an addiction to me and once I take the first "drink" I am hooked until it is over. With all of the episodes online, I can go back and watch what I need to in order to get caught up and this site is great.

But MF has me and those of us on this board, he is looking for new viewers who have not watched at all for his season finally. What better way to get others to watch than to show the general public these guys in their everyday life. My guess is we will get more pictures of Jef and get more from Arie this week. He even has Jef's friend blogging about him. My guess is that all of this is orchestrated by MF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:02 pm

I find the tweets and photos have added more value to this season and probably attracting viewers and fans. Even the entertaining tweets between MF and RS have added intrigue. I'd love to see twitter and IG continued as it has added another dimension to both sluething and the contestants personalities.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:28 pm

veg_out wrote:I want to address this post here since I didn't want to take the Jef thread off topic:

shoepie wrote:WOW. I don't need confirmation but this is really blatant. I wonder if Fleiss will ban tweeting next season. Seems likely.

Perfect timing to keep them from being acosted on the streets, too!

Spivey has commented on this topic. Twitter has been around for the past few seasons, including Ali's, Brad's, Ashley's, and Ben's, with increasing degrees of visibility for either the lead, the contestants or both.

Ali and her guys were shut down until the finale, except that Roberto changed his Twitter picture to the one of him taken by Ali in Fiji, which added to the pile that she picked him. But they did not tweet during the season.

During Brad's season, the girls couldn't use Twitter or Facebook at least until either they were eliminated or the MTA. Brad didn't have a Twitter. We also got a clue when Emily changed her Twitter picture.

During Ashley's season, Ashley's Twitter was locked for the season, but her guys, esp. Ben, continued to tweet, and at least once, Elan issued a crackdown on them for being too wily. I also think that they had a moratorium from the FSDs through the finale. JP didn't have a Twitter.

Ben's season had the lead being a presence on Twitter, and his tweets were a big indicator of things. He was tracked on FourSquare often, but Courtney and Lindsey didn't have Twitters yet. I think the MTA was when they could all come out to play.

In the past, there was a no social media clause that they needed to abide by.

I often suspect that social media this season is either part of a larger experiment for the show or an extension of the story or both. It's added to the confusion or confirmed things for many people. It will be interesting to see if they go back to the no social media clause or if they continue to use it as a storytelling tool.

Thanks for posting this.

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 pm

I agree that they were playing around with social media this season to "feel it out" b/c when they got to CLT they announced a tweet up. For those of you not on Twitter it is where a group of ppl from Twitter meet in a general location and chat. The guys (CH included) were at Howl at The Moon (a piano bar here) and lots of fans/followers went out to party! I know they usually film in LA but they never just invite fans to "come hang out" during filming. I mean we (CLT locals) knew where the house was and several ppl drove by there during filming. I think it was a season of experiments for sure esp with the filming moved from LA. JMO Happy Monday!!

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 pm

lstiff wrote:I agree that they were playing around with social media this season to "feel it out" b/c when they got to CLT they announced a tweet up. For those of you not on Twitter it is where a group of ppl from Twitter meet in a general location and chat. The guys (CH included) were at Howl at The Moon (a piano bar here) and lots of fans/followers went out to party! I know they usually film in LA but they never just invite fans to "come hang out" during filming. I mean we (CLT locals) knew where the house was and several ppl drove by there during filming. I think it was a season of experiments for sure esp with the filming moved from LA. JMO Happy Monday!!

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but CLT == ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:38 pm

Robert Mills @Millsy11374

I hear she uses the phrase "Kaboom" a lot RT @fleissmeister: Tonite's show features a bit of @EmilyMaynard telling it like it is... #feisty!
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by mome2jk Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:42 pm

crazybeautiful wrote:
lstiff wrote:I agree that they were playing around with social media this season to "feel it out" b/c when they got to CLT they announced a tweet up. For those of you not on Twitter it is where a group of ppl from Twitter meet in a general location and chat. The guys (CH included) were at Howl at The Moon (a piano bar here) and lots of fans/followers went out to party! I know they usually film in LA but they never just invite fans to "come hang out" during filming. I mean we (CLT locals) knew where the house was and several ppl drove by there during filming. I think it was a season of experiments for sure esp with the filming moved from LA. JMO Happy Monday!!

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but CLT == ??

CLT is the airport code for Charlotte. I'm sure they use that as an abreviated way to say the city name.

mome2jk

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:46 pm

A good example of how they are using twitter this season is to go look at the contestants threads... the men are all hyping the MTA tonight. Contestants whose threads have been dead and buried here for months are popping up with fun tweets and free advertising for the show. The best source for gaining viewers tonight is reading all their fun tweets and bromance inside jokes.
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweet/Facebook Updates - Bachelorette 8 - Discussion

+90
Iam4UGA
Alexxxx
michelle1109
Larel
mare2