SELECT CONTENT

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 Empty Re: Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by jewels2312 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:42 pm

jojo47 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:I liked that it lacked the usual BS that we see on the Bach and ette. People said what they were feeling and you got to see an honesty that is sorely lacking in the US version. I think the only one that got led on and played this season was Brad by Whitney. I don't dislike the girl... just think that she's messed.

I felt that the episodes told a story, a real story, and we all know exactly how it played out and why Brad didn't really have a relationship with Gabby even though he liked her as a person. We know that Kara and him were similar people, but only would be good friends. We also know that although Brad liked Whitney at the beginning.. and although he stayed physically attracted to her, there was no real emotional relationship developing - nor would it ever. Bianka intrigued him at the beginning and they slowly progressed to the point of proposal, with a mutual attraction being the glue that will probably keep them together for some time.

Yep, totally prefer this to all the smoke and mirrors and drama that we usually see, and the confusion that comes with it.

You know, Northern, you've summarized how I feel about the season and all the show participants. The only other thing I'll add is that I enjoyed the little things that made it seem more like real life ~ seeing people eating, taking beer to MTP, having families that could've been your neighbors.

MF could totally take a page out of the Canadian version of this show. Especially if it produces a couple that marries and is happy longterm.

But like the MF version, what it did have that I wish Canada would have eliminated is the dreaded marriage proposal. That is so much pressure on both of them. Why not just come up with a version in the end that have both of them decide to continue dating ITRW. Six weeks is a very very short time to get to know someone, let alone decide to get engaged. Would have preferred a would you like to continue on this journey with me over would you marry me. I wish them the best, they make a beautiful couple, but I'm just not sold on the idea of marriage for them. It's just not realistic imho. But let's see what happens down the road. Maybe they'll prove me wrong who knows...

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought Brad was a sincere, caring and sensitive bachelor, a what you see is what you get guy, who cried real tears.. An upstanding guy and a true gentleman, as Bianka pointed out in their post show interviews. Good choice, producers, for a first at bat! Thanks for that and may there be more like him to come!

jewels2312

Back to top Go down

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 Empty Re: Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by ja1968 Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:51 pm

jewels2312 wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:I liked that it lacked the usual BS that we see on the Bach and ette. People said what they were feeling and you got to see an honesty that is sorely lacking in the US version. I think the only one that got led on and played this season was Brad by Whitney. I don't dislike the girl... just think that she's messed.

I felt that the episodes told a story, a real story, and we all know exactly how it played out and why Brad didn't really have a relationship with Gabby even though he liked her as a person. We know that Kara and him were similar people, but only would be good friends. We also know that although Brad liked Whitney at the beginning.. and although he stayed physically attracted to her, there was no real emotional relationship developing - nor would it ever. Bianka intrigued him at the beginning and they slowly progressed to the point of proposal, with a mutual attraction being the glue that will probably keep them together for some time.

Yep, totally prefer this to all the smoke and mirrors and drama that we usually see, and the confusion that comes with it.

You know, Northern, you've summarized how I feel about the season and all the show participants. The only other thing I'll add is that I enjoyed the little things that made it seem more like real life ~ seeing people eating, taking beer to MTP, having families that could've been your neighbors.

MF could totally take a page out of the Canadian version of this show. Especially if it produces a couple that marries and is happy longterm.

But like the MF version, what it did have that I wish Canada would have eliminated is the dreaded marriage proposal. That is so much pressure on both of them. Why not just come up with a version in the end that have both of them decide to continue dating ITRW. Six weeks is a very very short time to get to know someone, let alone decide to get engaged. Would have preferred a would you like to continue on this journey with me over would you marry me. I wish them the best, they make a beautiful couple, but I'm just not sold on the idea of marriage for them. It's just not realistic imho. But let's see what happens down the road. Maybe they'll prove me wrong who knows...

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought Brad was a sincere, caring and sensitive bachelor, a what you see is what you get guy, who cried real tears.. An upstanding guy and a true gentleman, as Bianka pointed out in their post show interviews. Good choice, producers, for a first at bat! Thanks for that and may there be more like him to come!

I think you make a good point and normally would agree with you. What struck me about this couple is I do not believe they would have done it if they did not believe it was real. I also remember that Bianka had her parents tell about how they met and were engaged within 4 weeks. They are still happily married today. I think she was probably raised to believe when you know you know. I hope they make it but you never know when any couple regardless of the situation will make or not. We will see but it was very entertaining watching their journey.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:25 am

tigertiz wrote: When he came to her room to talk, was she just pissed that she couldnt "dump" him first? I think she asked to speak to him. That's why when she opened the door he said "what's going on?" (as opposed to "Whitney - we need to talk") . She immediately answered. "I have something to tell you." Is that why she felt he was disrespecting her? I guess no one is ever allowed to dump Whit. "You cant say hurtful things to me." Yup. She's the one who does the dumping, period. Until Brad.

I noticed that too - they made it seem like he decided to go see her, but that definiltely points to her wanting to see him. Most likely TPTB knew she was going to dump him and they decided it was better for him to dump her.

I didn't understand her part of the conversation at all - her going on about him disrespecting her was just odd, odd, odd.....she's a total whackjob.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am

Most likely TPTB knew she was going to dump him and they decided it was better for him to dump her.
The minute I read this - I knew you figured it out. They warned him. And he HAD to talk first in order to protect himself and his relationship with Bianca. He couldnt let Bianka look like a default F1. He had to dump Whitney first.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:51 pm

And what a fantastic ring he chose – def my favourite!!

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 Jv6jax
Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 208wb9t

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

tigertiz wrote:
Most likely TPTB knew she was going to dump him and they decided it was better for him to dump her.
The minute I read this - I knew you figured it out. They warned him. And he HAD to talk first in order to protect himself and his relationship with Bianca. He couldnt let Bianka look like a default F1. He had to dump Whitney first.

yeah - it made me go hmmmm....when I heard him say that.

I watched the finale again on Sat nite - I find it very insightful to rewatch a show when you know what's going to happen. Whitney came off even more whack-a-doodle (if that's possible) on the rewatch

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 pm

anders wrote:
tigertiz wrote:

I watched the finale again on Sat nite - I find it very insightful to rewatch a show when you know what's going to happen. Whitney came off even more whack-a-doodle (if that's possible) on the rewatch

Isn't it refreshing to know that the producers had the lead's back! From tidbits that we've heard or speculate on our own, they had Brad's best interests at heart all along. They never set him up to appear a fool, flimsy or disrespectful. An edit that many leads from the US would long for!
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:29 pm

jojo47 wrote:
anders wrote:
tigertiz wrote:

Isn't it refreshing to know that the producers had the lead's back! From tidbits that we've heard or speculate on our own, they had Brad's best interests at heart all along. They never set him up to appear a fool, flimsy or disrespectful. An edit that many leads from the US would long for!

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 1003998638 Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 2711063196 Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 3287381265
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by ja1968 Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:51 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
tigertiz wrote:
The Bachelor Canada

A CLOSER LOOK at Bianka’s ring!

2.14 CT Diamond, Princess-cut, white gold ring from the Tacori Crescent Collection.

If it's a total of 2.14 carats the larger solitaire is about one carat, and the 2 side stones are about 1/2 carat each, with tiny ones around. It's not a huge 3 carat solitaire. It's certainly not ostentatious, and she could wear it alot.
If the center stone alone is 2 carats, then the side stones must be one carat each and that's a humongous ring.

For some reason I like it for Bianca.. Not sure I'd like it for others, but it looks really nice on her. It it a beautiful ring.

:yes: It does look very pretty on her hand. I liked Emily's (from Brad) and Ashley's rings so this style is very different from that but equally as beautiful I think.
ja1968
ja1968

Female Posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:53 pm

anders wrote:And what a fantastic ring he chose – def my favourite!!

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 Jv6jax
Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 208wb9t

The ring is more ornate than the ones I normally like.... but I find this one to be quite beautiful. I think it's the squareness of the main setting, and how it blends into the band that I find quite attractive. Great choice Brad... you did good :yes:

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:19 pm

Tyler's blog:

IT’S BIANKA!

And then there was one, and her name is Bianka Kamber.

If you didn’t shed a tear watching the last five minutes of the The Bachelor Canada finale then you are either heartless, (my first agent), or one of the robots Bill Gates has to clean his pool (soulless). With a soundtrack provided by Bryan Adams, we got to look at how far those two lovers had come. From that awkward first meeting on a candlelit driveway, to that heartfelt proposal by the shores of Crane Beach, we’ve had a chance to watch the arc of a love story unfold before our eyes. What a privilege, and what a story…

But before we go forward, let’s quickly go back to Hudson, QC., as Whitney and Bianka met the Smiths. Let’s start with our girl Whitney. The day could not have started out better with a perfectly edited long distance putt that would have made Tiger Woods blush. But come to think of it, it takes a lot to make him blush. But I digress. After that it seemed like the longest walk to the 18th hole I’ve ever seen. From the moment she walked in the house, Whitney was up against it and when I say “it” I mean Brad’s sister Ashley. I’m pretty quick on my feet when it comes to verbal ju jitsu, but even I would have swallowed my tongue if I was challenged like that. It was like good cop/bad cop, without the good cop. Whitney didn’t know whether to speak or wind her watch and seemed so out of sorts in that situation. To be fair, Ashley was doing what any loving, over-protective sister would do. I love that his sister referred to Whitney as “intense”… really, YOU think SHE’S intense?

The vibe for Bianka was instantly different. I know Brad thinks he can be a pretty good actor, but anyone with eyes could see how he felt about Bianka. The hugs were that much longer, the kisses that much more frequent, the words that much more meaningful. She handled herself well under the intense scrutiny of the family Smith.

Once the scene shifted to Barbados I think you’ll agree there was a shift in Brad’s attitude towards both Whitney and Bianka. The moments with Bianka grew more loving, while Whitney’s were just plain awkward. But not just with Brad, I think Whitney too realized that what she thought was there wasn’t, and finally came to that epiphany. When Brad goes to her bungalow, it looks like a scene from a movie called “The Couple Who Wouldn’t Break Up Straight.” Both wanted to talk first, both wanted to end it first, almost as if to save face. Awkward is not strong enough of a word to describe that tete-a-tete. Awkward is rolling around town all day with your fly open, this was just plain painful to witness.

With Whitney gone, the path was clear for Lady Bianka, and what a beautiful potential bride she was. She was clearly smitten with Mr. Smith, and he was truly head over heels in love with his fair maiden. I can’t watch that proposal without a tear in my eye. Despite all the doubters, the last 10 minutes of the show reaffirm everything I have thought, and continue to think, about love. It is the greatest gift of all. Given to many, but cherished by very few.

So my most sincere congratulations and best wishes to Brad and Bianka. Thank you for sharing and reminding us all that LOVE is out there, everywhere. You don’t choose it, ultimately IT CHOOSES YOU.

-Tyler

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 24 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 am

Tyler's blog is really well written. He's got a great sense of humor.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Finale - November 21st - Discussion - Spoilers

+30
jurystillout
Ayana
ja1968
KareyR2
nikikass